Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    The android and iPhone version will be getting submitted before Friday of this week, so soon™. The iPad version will soon follow.

There will be a free, ad supported, version of them as well as a $0.99 version. The *only* reason I am including ads / pay option is to offset the startup costs around the iOS development. I do very much apologize if this offends anyone and hope that it won't detract from the apps in any way.

-JJ
    Awesome! Thanks! I hope the ad revenue and pays roll in... $1.99 for my iPad version?
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Updated the first post with the new "final" look and feel I ended with.

Both Android and iOS apps have been submitted to the stores for approval / validation.

I opted to only offer the free versions (no ads, no pay for version) for now and will just rely on the kindness of donations as I did for the longest time with the web based apps.

-JJ

Just downloaded the app, looking good! It's nice to see some more apps arriving on Android. :-)

Updated the first post with the new "final" look and feel I ended with.

Both Android and iOS apps have been submitted to the stores for approval / validation.

I opted to only offer the free versions (no ads, no pay for version) for now and will just rely on the kindness of donations as I did for the longest time with the web based apps.

-JJ
    Donation made this morning... Keep up the great work!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yskuma View Post
    Just downloaded the app, looking good! It's nice to see some more apps arriving on Android. :-)
    Thank you. It's nowhere near as feature filled as your app, but mine's not too bad all things considered!

*EDIT*

There will be some updates coming soon, I just wanted to get the initial version out and approved early. I'm going to be adding additional filters and sorting to the search results as well as adding a "total essences" line on the search results and the crafting tab. That way when you do a search you'll be able to see, at a glance, how many essences (in greaters) it takes to make the shard.

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-22-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Thank you. It's nowhere near as feature filled as your app, but mine's not too bad all things considered!

*EDIT*

There will be some updates coming soon, I just wanted to get the initial version out and approved early. I'm going to be adding additional filters and sorting to the search results as well as adding a "total essences" line on the search results and the crafting tab. That way when you do a search you'll be able to see, at a glance, how many essences (in greaters) it takes to make the shard.

-JJ
    Heh, mine's just a database front end really. Parallel iOS and Android development is very impressive.

You're welcome to my app's database if you fancy doing a similar thing for iOS at some point. ;-)

Just DLed and played with your app some. Very cool. But i don't see a easy way to clear out shards once you pick one. And i don't see away to start a new item from scratch.

IF i am wrong and i am just over looking this functions then i am dumb and your app is super great.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiusbot View Post
    Just DLed and played with your app some. Very cool. But i don't see a easy way to clear out shards once you pick one. And i don't see away to start a new item from scratch.

IF i am wrong and i am just over looking this functions then i am dumb and your app is super great.
    Nope you are completely right and I apologize for missing that. I added that in on the iPhone version but forgot on the Android app. I don't have access to the code tonight, but I'll get the oversight corrected and an update pushed out ASAP tomorrow.

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.

New version submitted to google play with the reset button on the crafting screen.

Hopefully it will show up soon.

-JJ

Yep, my android app updated today :-) Now if the Apple store would just hurry up so I could get it on my phone too lol

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by TorGrimorde View Post
    Yep, my android app updated today :-) Now if the Apple store would just hurry up so I could get it on my phone too lol

Nice work!
    Yeah, this terrifies me since apparently it takes this long for an update to make it through as well. Still "Waiting for Review" since the 21st.

-JJ

I noticed this thread and downloaded the app a few days ago.

It is sofaking awesome. Thank you

Huzzah, the app has made it through review and has been approved to the iTunes app store

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ddo-c...7554?ls=1&mt=8

-JJ

Going to be pushing out the new version with updated recipes once 15.1 goes live, but I have one concern...

For the iOS version I only have 1 review and it is a 1 star that says what i have pasted below. I've removed and reinstalled the app and don't have any problems with missing buttons and wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing any problems with the iPhone version that I need to fix.

Customer Reviews
    All Versions (1) Current Version (1)
    Button? ★

It is missing the crafting and search button... it is a good idea, but it is not functional yet.

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 09-11-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Just downloaded the iPhone version on my iPad. It looks like it is working, but doesn't have the "craft as (un)bound" button.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Just downloaded the iPhone version on my iPad. It looks like it is working, but doesn't have the "craft as (un)bound" button.
    Doh, yeah, I forgot about the craft as unbound option. I wonder what that reviewer was talking about with no craft or search buttons...

I'm going to try to push out the update with the 15.1 changes today if I can. I'm remote right now taking care of a family situation so I have limited access to my normal resources / computers.

-JJ

Updated the applications to the 15.1 recipes. They are just pending review before release.

Once the changes make it out I'll go back through to add in the "Craft as Unbound" option.

-JJ

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Downloaded the iOS version yesterday. Thank you for your work on this super useful and very well done app.

I found it a bit hard to change recipes after selecting one; a reset or start over button would be welcome. I can't wait to see what improvements you have in store.

Great job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    Downloaded the iOS version yesterday. Thank you for your work on this super useful and very well done app.

I found it a bit hard to change recipes after selecting one; a reset or start over button would be welcome. I can't wait to see what improvements you have in store.

Great job so far.
    Once the pending update makes it through the app store review process (it has the 15.1 recipe changes and, hopefully, a fix for some people missing buttons), I'll push up a version with a reset button and the craft unbound functionality. I hadn't included it on the iOS version because it had the "clear" button inside the text fields and I was trying to keep the UI "open" but several people have asked for it now so I'll make it so.

I just want to let the pending version clear review so I don't reset the wait timer on it.

-JJ

The new version for the iPhone with the 15.1 changes is now available.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue with missing buttons for some people.

I'm going to begin working on the new functionality requested this weekend.

-JJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast