Thread: Need new guild

Founder

Default Need new guild

Long story short... Some friends and I started playing during beta, formed a guild when they were shiny and new, then we all promptly got busy and dropped out for a while. Fast forward to 2012 and the only guild members who've logged in over the last 6 years are my various toons. When we first started playing, PUGs were a viable option, but since I've come back they seem to be run by sugar-addled children with seriously lacking manners and language skills. So I've plodded along as a solo artist with the help of hirelings, but I find I'm reaching the limit of where that can take me with the time I'm able to devote to this endeavour.

So, with some regret, I've decided that I should probably abandon my now one-man guild in favour of one that has other live bodies in it.

Any guild looking to take me on should be aware of the following:

I play the game to have fun. The only thing that I take seriously is that I try to play the game well while having said fun. I prefer to play with people who also play the game for fun, rather than those who take it far too seriously, or those who are the DDO equivalent of the "annoying orange". You know who you are, kids..

I have kids, and a job, and family life cares not a whit for large blocks of personal time. I can play for maybe 2-3 hours a night, on the nights that I can play (which is most assuredly not every night). There may be interruptions which I cannot avoid. My usual time slot would likely start around 9 or 10 pm EST.

Ok so maybe it's long story medium... wrapping it up, I don't check the forums regularly, so your best bet to contact me would be in game, either by tell or mail. You're likely to find me as either Harein (lvl 12 wiz) or Maclane (lvl 7 arti). I have other alts but I'm working on getting that wizard to 13 so I'll be playing him almost exclusively for the next few weeks.

Just out of curiosity I must ask you, why not building your own guild? In my experience all high performing guilds are very careful about their recruitment, I mean if you are a casual player and if you don't have any epic level toon then the entrance to those guilds are almost block for you. On the other hand low performing guilds are full of those "sugar-addled children" you are afraid to PUG with. So, if I was in your position, I would recruit more like minded people in my guild and try to make it full of lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Ninja View Post
    Any guild looking to take me on should be aware of the following:

I play the game to have fun.

Take a gander over to Tyrs Paladium. We have many who walk in your shoes, who shuffle family, work, and gaming, myself included.

We cater to those who just enjoy playing the game, having fun along the way with like-minded players. We schedule content to fit around busy schedules. Real life always comes first in Tyrs. Our no drama no zerg rules are strictly enforced, so that gaming becomes the only entity to be concerned with when you play.

From what you type, I think you'd fit in nicely, Give us a holla if you like!

EDIT: posted the wrong link earlier, here it is the correct one --->

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=261110

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 07-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Take a gander over to Tyrs Paladium. We have many who walk in your shoes, who shuffle family, work, and gaming, myself included.
    ^This.

I run weekly with a bunch from Tyrs Paladium in a static group for a few months now, and there's the occasional PuG encounter... it always makes for good times.

... so send 'em a tell in game.

(You'd be welcome in our guild, but we may not suit you so well).
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Hi there.

You sound like most of us in our family. Should you still be looking for a home, I'm sure based off your description/needs, that you would fit in nicely with us.

Check out our web site (see sig below) or here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=384771

Or, if you already joined up with Tyrs... Mississippi has a great group of folks over there too.

In either case, PM me here or any other Blackmoor member in game and lets run some quests.
    Last edited by THAC0; 08-01-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

Community Member crestoftheknave's Avatar

You could give jokesters elite a try. We have a pretty tight knit group of regulars and most of them have multiple toons. Laid back, friendly, helpful... that has been my experience with them.

I've been in for almost 2 years and we've had our ups and downs but we really seem to be doing pretty well. /t lucianblak for info.
    Quote Originally Posted by nattus_rattus View Post
    Ranting on forums is what made this nation great! Everyone should do it more, you just don't see enough of that kind of thing these days. Why, I hadn't had a rant on a forum for at least 13 minutes and my blood sugar level began to rise and I developed scabies. Now, I am a picture of health!

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post
    if you already joined up with Tyrs... Mississippi has a great group of folks over there too.
    Yeah we hired Deadly_Ninja I think before you posted Thac0.

I must tell you publicly Deadly, Thac0's a good friend, and the Blackmoor Defenders are always a good solid group to run with, or to have in your group. So if you need to fill a spot or wish to join a party, jump on it like it's hot!

Thanks Thac0

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default Even with me in there? <3

I must tell you publicly Deadly, Thac0's a good friend, and the Blackmoor Defenders are always a good solid group to run with, or to have in your group. So if you need to fill a spot or wish to join a party, jump on it like it's hot!

Thanks Thac0
    I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and not just because of that empty vodka bottle... *burp*

Tyrs is a great group, I run with them alot and have never had any issues, other than kill count. Let me kill SOMETHING, you jerks! Though the same could be said when I solo with a hireling, I dunno who this "Misadventure" person is, but I swear they are killstealing themselves onto my squelch list!
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Thanks Thac0
    Glad to hear he found a good home. :-) Thanks for the kind words. As always....there is always room in our group / raids for you and the rest of your family.

T.
    Last edited by THAC0; 08-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders