Thread: No Devotion?

Community Member

Default No Devotion?

Anyone else find it bloody annoying that the clerics set in Evening has no devotion or radiance anywhere?

Community Member

The part that I find kind of annoying and really confusing is that the cleric set weapon is best suited for rogues, not clerics. I would have expected some form of scepter or something with devotion/radiance/laceration/etc.

Community Member

Ironic that the only clerics that can use it are Drow... the bad guys thematically.

Anyway, my cleric uses the Purple Dragon Knight set. It is much better and Soverign Host enhancement friendly.

Devotion items are pretty tough to find at the moment in named items. There's just - nothing.

There are, however, some extraordinarily good random lootgen ones possible. Khyber AH has a scepter on it at the moment, +5 Devotion 108 of Healing Mastery (ML 23, 123 effective Devotion, Superior Healing Lore, Efficient Empower Heal 1). Better than that is possible too.

Personally though, I'm finding just the trusty old Epic Mask of Comedy (78 Devotion) to be enough in epic elites.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I've mostly just been running around with the Blade of the High Priestess. 90 effective spellpower to everything, plus -1 wis/con on hit w/ improved paralyzing makes for okay melee crowd control and the slay living is nice in that it'll eventually hit when their con drops far enough.

I've seen some rings and helms offering potency or devotion, but the only non-weapon item I've seen so far to offer an implement bonus is the holy symbol of lolth. And I haven't had any luck pulling that yet (and it conflicts with the planer trinkets anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    We shall kill it with fire. And engineers.

Community Member

To be fair I have no idea who designed the sets. With the exception of the PDK one the rest
    are very bad and generally unslottable on any end game build. I'm hoping that was the intention
    as opposed to just really bad design.