Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf Assasin?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    The Sneak Attack from Winter Wolf, Nature's Warrior, Ninja-Spy, and Rogue Dilettante should all stack as well as the 5% Double Strike from Wind 2 and the Natural Fighting feats.. nab Extend from the Wizard level as well as Shield, Jump, and Detect Secret Doors.
    I'm fairly sure that the Sneak attack from half-elf Rogue Dilettante won't stack with Rogue levels.

I think a lot of animal-form combat Druids go for the shield mastery feats, for the doublestrike chance as well as the extra protection, and because there is no reason not to use a shield in animal form.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatzhas View Post
    I'm fairly sure that the Sneak attack from half-elf Rogue Dilettante won't stack with Rogue levels.

I think a lot of animal-form combat Druids go for the shield mastery feats, for the doublestrike chance as well as the extra protection, and because there is no reason not to use a shield in animal form.
    It doesn't, but his build doesn't have Rogue levels.

Community Member

Good point. Was looking at the wrong poster. :-)

Just a random question about druids:

if i transmute into a wolf while wielding, let's say, a cutthroat smallblade, what bonus do my attacks gain while i'm in wolf form?

According to the wiki ("Your equipped weapon's treasure effects, such as the 1d6 fire damage from the flaming effect, are still applied to your attacks.") elemental damage will be applied after transformin, i was wondering if it's true for more fancy effects like corrosive salt and similar.

Thanks

What I have seen is results as if hitting with the weapon in your mainhand only. I am still trying to learn what offhand effects work such as bashing or guards if I go with a shield or maybe the sceptor of healing when needed. I just built a Deathblock shield of bashing with guild augment that I will most likely use for 15% fort. Going to test now.

Community Member

As far as I'm aware: (Need to do some more testing too) . . .
    Animal form takes weapon effect from mainhand only. Offhand weapon or offensive shield effects (such as bashing) are not used. (Have not tested attacking whilst blocking in animal form.)
    If you are holding an offhand weapon, you will still suffer offhand penalties, even though its not being used.

The cuttthroat's smallblade should get all its effects listed. Note that its not a "Keen" weapon though, so you won't get the advantage of its higher crit range relative to a normal shortsword.

Edit: Confirm that offhand effects are not used. Does not seem to be a to-hit penalty for dual-wielding in animal form though.
    Bears cannot attack whilst blocking.
    "Keen" treasure effect does not seem to affect Bear attacks.
    Last edited by Khatzhas; 08-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Ok, thanks for the useful infos!

And what about the base dmg in animal form if my main hand weapon has incresed dmg (like 2.5[w] on Agony, the knife in the dark)? Does it transfer the 2.5 multiplier to animal form base attacks or not?

Tbh i'm not so confident about it, but asking doesnt cost anything

One more question: do monk PL and reinforced fists apply to animal for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12