Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SensaiRyu View Post
    I tried it. See this post.

iirc, there's a bug report out on this or some others have noticed too. Intolerant Blow doesn't pull aggro and I don't think Stand has 80% threat gen either. The sorc I ran with pulled aggro and I couldn't get it back even spamming Intolerant Blow. Using LD, with only earth IV for threat, I kept aggro 100%. US should've increased threat to where I would be able to keep it. It didn't.

TPICKRELL says he uses it - but doesn't use Intolerant Blow or Stand. To me, if you don't need the aggro of US, then what's the point in using it for tanking when there are probably better DPS destinies out there. I don't need healing amp (light monk), tho' the +40% fort is nice. If there's some other reason, do tell.

Once it's fixed I'll consider trying it again. I mean, 165% fort, 114+ AC and +10,000 HP isn't something to brush off if the threat gen were solid.
    The 10k HP lasts for only 20sec - somewhat pointless IMO. The Sun-soul earth stance set seems more useful for a tank monk.

That sucks if Intolerant Blow is not working. Wonder if it is just for monk or it is a problem other tanks as well.

US is definitely not a dps Destiny.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by SensaiRyu View Post
    TPICKRELL says he uses it - but doesn't use Intolerant Blow or Stand. To me, if you don't need the aggro of US, then what's the point in using it for tanking when there are probably better DPS destinies out there. I don't need healing amp (light monk), tho' the +40% fort is nice. If there's some other reason, do tell.
    I use it for the extra HP, the extra healing amp (I'm WF and with that extra 10% I'm right at 300% amp in fire stance... I often switch to max amp setup while the party is away dealing with trash to help out the healers.. The extra 10 AC from Hardened, and for the 4+ light the dark's that give me an emergency group heal if the healer is lagging or on timer or dealing with trash or just distracted at a bad time...

I've not had trouble with aggro so far, but the sorcs in our guild don't generally like to have aggro so they tend to actively try to avoid it until the end of a tanking fight, when they dump the remainder of their blue bar.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 08-31-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Community Member

I dont know what the big complaint is.. my monk has fantastic threat.. improved evasion.. 100+ buffed ac... decent PRR... 25%incorp from dark path.. over 200% h amp, and without bard/arti buffs im running almost 1600 health.. my 12/8 monk tank has not had an issue yet with anything...

Well, US is fixed for threat. I ran it with AC twists (not testing dps and aggro). With Intolerant Blows I was able to get and keep aggro in a PUG.

Edit: Tried running in GMoF with Haste/Intolerant twisted in. Intolerant had 3 non-rechargeable uses. Shrining doesn't recharge Intolerant if you're not in US. But it did work.
    Last edited by SensaiRyu; 09-16-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Stay Hasted My Friend.

Tried a couple of runs in US with AC twists: Waves, Lithe, Dragonhide. In Vigor I get a half decent HP (mid 800s with SFL), 818 without it. With ship buffs.

AC ranges from 119 base to 144 AC with ship buffs and vers III. 76% defense chance. Pics if necessary.

Unbreakable's +5 natural armor bonus doesn't appear to be working.

Not terribly bad dmg with AC twists. Still, I'd probably want haste or sense weakness. -6 AC (-2% defense chance) for some extra dps... With 9 uses of 1000% threat I'm unsure if dps will be necessary to hold aggro even on extended boss tanking.

All in all, I like it as a tanking destiny.
    Stay Hasted My Friend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123