Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am currently lvl 14 on my horcobat build and loving it. With my icy on I'm at 16% dodge and can maintain shadow fade with my ninja prestige at all times. Combine those two with either uncanny dodge and/or blur/displacement and most everything misses you. I've hopped into the middle groups of elite mobs in quests 2 levels higher than me and manage to avoid most damage while giving them a cleave/greater cleave smack down. The added dex to sneak damage results in a good 85 damage per hit (55 norm + 30 sneak). I almost always lead the kill count by a great margin. Of course this is also my toons 8th life and he is fully gear twinked. It's nice being the rogue and yet being the powerhouse DPSer, tank, aoe (cleaver), trapper and versatile UMD scroll user.

Damage should keep scaling as I get to higher levels with growing sneak attack, overwhelming crit, epic destinies; Dance of Flowers +[1.5]W, Hail of Blows (+3% DS), running with wind (+3% DS), Momentum Swing [5]W, Improved Power Attack +[0.5]W, and using stout oak walking stick [2d6] to double up the base weapon damage. http://ddowiki.com/page/Stout_Oak_Walking_Stick

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is how this build can also be the fastest sneaking build possible. He should be able to sneak faster than a normal toon can run with 30% striders. This would keep me up with the party while always being in sneak mode. It breaks down as follows: 10% Monk base, 10% Acrobat II, 50% Faster Sneaking IV, 10% Ninja Enhancement, 30% Striders.

Another perk to play this toon now is being immune to knockdown at lvl 13 with only Acrobat I enhancement. Was real fun to run straight through the minefield in undermine evading all the fire damage and immune to all the knockdown.
    Last edited by bward76; 12-17-2012 at 04:27 PM.