Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Constructive Raid Criticism

[Not constructive]
    Last edited by Tolero; 07-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Community Member

Yeah, what he said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

so much for being constructive lol
    Thelanis - Phark, Starshined, Akaime, Hokeni
    A simple guide to epics - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3455551

Community Member

Hi welcome.

I'll try and give a little bit of constructive criticism from a different view point.

First the good.

Good job on minimizing the knockoff effects and giving us a shrine at the start. Defnitely a good choice.
    The fact that most of the knock off effects still left (mostly the spawning legs) seem to be completely random without
    tells == not so good. Give us a tell for the legs. Let the ground bulge or glow red or what have you. Even if you
    can still rez afterwards getting killed when you feel it has nothing to with your ability is a bad thing. It might not
    be in other mmo's but in D&D if your gm killed you for no other reason then that he wanted to good players would
    give him grief.

Also good job on making the hand knock you down instead of off. It's not great, the fact it can't be intimmed and
    that the knock down check is dex/str still irks me but I'm irked by that in all knockdown checks.

More good jobs on the "we will count the legs for you and tell you that killing them is what you should do". Good
    choice there. Makes the raid progress reasonably.,

Second the bad.
    Now I know many people will go and disagree with me here but ***. I think your epic normal quests and your
    epic normal raid just don't share difficulty AT ALL. Amrath normal with scaling is harder then epic normal for
    many quests, and TOD normal is way more in line with the difficulty of amrath normal. Now I would strongly be
    for upping the difficulty of epic normal rather then dumbing down the raid but I think one or the other should be
    done. I feel like you decided epic normal should be for the completely casual player that just stepped off the
    boat in korthos and the raid just does not reflect that so you need to fix one or the other.

The other bad. End fight is bugged to high heavens. Killed/made lloth run away then killed about 20-30 portal
    keepers without the wall going down. No progress reported anywhere. Bad design.

The very bad. IF YOU WANT US TO QA TEST YOUR RAIDS FOR FREE AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO BE ONLINE
    WHEN WE DO.
    Seriously few things are as irritating as going to do your qa testing and feedback reporting for you and having
    no dev/spokesperson on to talk to when things go wrong. VERY VERY irritating. Same thing happened last time
    when we were told "we are leaving finish the raids you are in" and the raid stopped progressing once the devs/
    lammania people left. Very annoying.

Well that's my 2 copper,
    Rawel
    Last edited by Rawel_San; 07-07-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Community Member

They put shrines at the beginning and changed the hand to a knockdown instead of a knockoff?

When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

When I said shrine I meant just one, a rez shrine. The changes I'm talking about were the last iteration of the
    raid on lamma. We ran it on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Hi welcome.
    Rawel
    Did you just "Hi Welcome" a founder?

I mean it just struck me as funny that every post above yours have join dates are earlier than you....just thought it was funny.

Not saying I support any of the content of the OP or not....so, Im not sayin, Im just sayin...

/endtroll
    Seager, Seagar, Jayrixx, Dezaray, Guiled, Glorysong

Proud Officer of Hand of the Black Tower
    Khyber Server

Quote Originally Posted by Seager52 View Post
    Did you just "Hi Welcome" a founder?

I mean it just struck me as funny that every post above yours have join dates are earlier than you....just thought it was funny.

Not saying I support any of the content of the OP or not....so, Im not sayin, Im just sayin...

/endtroll
    Almost every post above his, especially the OP was completely worthless and waste of everybody's time.

The devs probably clicked on this thread because of the world "constructive". I am not happy with the OP for wasting MY time with his zero info post, and I'm especially not happy with him for wasting valuable dev time either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Almost every post above his, especially the OP was completely worthless and waste of everybody's time.

The devs probably clicked on this thread because of the world "constructive". I am not happy with the OP for wasting MY time with his zero info post, and I'm especially not happy with him for wasting valuable dev time either.

Agreed, Im not saying it isnt warrented, just that it was funny to me.

I hate forums because you have write with tone very well.

I almost didnt post because I didnt want to derail the thread...but on the other hand the thread was never on the tracks, lol.

Khyber Server

Community Member

To be fair the post now does contain "constructive raid criticism" and unless you were there for the 5-6 raid
    iterations that Judo has gone through I wouldn't go slagging him off. The reason he wrote the post was that
    he did go and QA/playtest every raid incarnation there was and he did it in his own time for no gain other then
    to help the game be better for all of us that play on live.

As is the raid at the moment while it has improved immensely from the original is still incredibly annoying in most
    parts and severely bugged. As I pointed out in my other post we were unable to complete since the barrier at
    the end would not drop no matter how many portal keepers we killed. Now there is always a possibility that
    we missed something but I doubt it and if we did then it was extremely non obvious and had no in game tells.

So please before you go being all high and mighty about what people post consider that you might not have all the
    information.
    Kind regards,
    Rawel

Ps.: My join date doesn't actually reflect my time playing the game since I'm one of those that came over from
    europe when the servers there closed. That said I'm still sure Judo has been playing way longer then I have and
    has lot's more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    Is the developer who created Von5 still on your payroll?
    Titan? Lob?
    Lord of Blades I don't know.

But VoN, Titan, and The Abbot were done by DevilMouse who left years ago. Actually he left shortly after (or was it just before?) the Abbot was released, if you remember the utter mess that was.

Negative feedback is just as valuable as positive feedback.

Sorry, but sometimes the feedback really is 'this whole idea is a bad one. start over.'

It can be hard to hear, but if the basic premises behind a concept are just plain bad then it can be faster and easier to just start over instead of spending years of time and tons of resources trying to make a bad concept into something fun to play.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Negative feedback is just as valuable as positive feedback
    When there is constructive details given, yes it is. I saw nothing constructive in the OPs post.

Only that he thought it was something he left behind in a toilet with no explanations of what portions of his meal so irritated his gastro intestinal tract, let alone why such would irritate his system so.

To be fair the post now does contain "constructive raid criticism"
    Where? Please quote where there is "constructive" raid criticism in the OP.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

When I said shrine I meant just one, a rez shrine. The changes I'm talking about were the last iteration of the
    raid on lamma. We ran it on Saturday.
    Even so, that is a big plus from what I understand, and if the hand is just doing knockdown instead of knockoff it should be an improvement.

Shame there is no teleport to Ana implemented, but at least anyone who falls off can heal themselves on the way back to the group (hopefully).

Kind of interesting that the last 'official' feedback thread for the raid appears to be for the non-shrine version.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Ps.: My join date doesn't actually reflect my time playing the game since I'm one of those that came over from
    europe when the servers there closed. That said I'm still sure Judo has been playing way longer then I have and
    has lot's more experience.

Ahhhh and the truth comes out. Again this was more it appeared funny. In your defense there are many founders that know little about the game.

Good on you for being a good sport about it, however.

Seager

Khyber Server

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Negative feedback is just as valuable as positive feedback.

Sorry, but sometimes the feedback really is 'this whole idea is a bad one. start over.'
    Without reasoning WHY the whole idea is a bad one, it's worthless feedback... If you want to argue that one data point saying "Me no like" is better than no feedback, I'll give that to you.

But in no universe can you argue that the OP has any "constructive" criticism.

You forgot about Bizaro World, Thrudh.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    When there is constructive details given, yes it is. I saw nothing constructive in the OPs post.

Only that he thought it was something he left behind in a toilet with no explanations of what portions of his meal so irritated his gastro intestinal tract, let alone why such would irritate his system so.
    It is only not constructive if you completely rule out the possibility of ever having the developers rethink the basic premise behind their ideas and starting over. Otherwise, it is critically important for the developers to hear players honest opinions about their work product.

Without reasoning WHY the whole idea is a bad one, it's worthless feedback... If you want to argue that one data point saying "Me no like" is better than no feedback, I'll give that to you.

I think the OP's criticism is very constructive. Then again I do not read it as being only directed at the developer who developed this raid and instead read it as being directed at Turbine management and development as a whole.

In short...

Me no like. Me no like the other times you gave us this same garbage. Why you think me like same garbage I already say was garbage? Stop trying to give me same garbage when I tell you it is garbage. What happened to guys who gave me good stuff and not garbage? I want guys who gave me good stuff and not guys who keep giving me same garbage.

Might not be too useful to the dev developing said garbage (they would be much more interesting in hearing about why it is garbage...details help alot for that I agree 100% there), but is pretty dang useful for the guys who decide to serve up something that got horrible feedback already based upon it's basic premise (probably not the dev developing said garbage) and the guys who decide the big picture things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast