Default Bloodrage preventing casting WAI?

Preface: having never played a melee, I am unfamiliar with the various forms of rage and the changes it may have undergone with the release of MoTU.

While the scourge choker/bloodrage used to work fine with my arcane-tank build, the bloodrage proc now prevents spellcasting. Is this in line with changes to rage and casting or is this unintended?

It's a bug.

If it prevents spellcasting, it probably prevents barbarian rage as well. It should not prevent anything, it has a massive drawback already.

Community Member

Ahh, for some reason I thought this change was WAI, because the Blood Rage previously had no negative effects for a character that doesn't swing a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    Ahh, for some reason I thought this change was WAI, because the Blood Rage previously had no negative effects for a character that doesn't swing a weapon.
    Thats not true, and even it if was. If its not in the release notes or item description, its a bug, its that simple.

And it does have negative effects for casters:
    Your con score will constantly be fluctuating. Therefore, so will your hitpoints. If your hitpoints change while casting a spell, you must make a concentration check.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Thats not true, and even it if was. If its not in the release notes or item description, its a bug, its that simple.

And it does have negative effects for casters:
    Your con score will constantly be fluctuating. Therefore, so will your hitpoints. If your hitpoints change while casting a spell, you must make a concentration check.
    And to make it even more confusing, you concentration is changing at the exact same time

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gravestones View Post
    Preface: having never played a melee, I am unfamiliar with the various forms of rage and the changes it may have undergone with the release of MoTU.

While the scourge choker/bloodrage used to work fine with my arcane-tank build, the bloodrage proc now prevents spellcasting. Is this in line with changes to rage and casting or is this unintended?
    And not only this... I cannot use Search while under the Blood Rage :-( Why? It is not a spell..