Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ellis, this is 100% a bug with Big Top and Big Top only. It's is a known bug too, sadly. At one point they fixed it, then it broke again, then they fixed it (a developer at one point said they fixed it, I'm not just talking crazy), and now it is broken again. It's NOT your graphics card. (Not so sure about your whole computer locking up, that's a bit scary). Typically people crash in this quest somewhere near the middle. [When the jump shortcut was in available it barely affected anyone, since no one was near the middle of the quest.]

If you are lucky when Big Top crashed your client, the rest of your group will wait before ending the quest. If you are unlucky you'll crash over and over and over cause of the bug and everyone will give up on you. For the most part I just avoid this quest because of this nasty bug unless I absolutely need it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMonk2 View Post
    I did read it again. :-)
    Then you failed miserably on reading comprehension twice.

I originally started my post with "I've never crashed in 17 months, but now after the hotfix..." but then I realized that wasn't strictly true, so I disclosed all problems I've ever had to give context to how incredibly unusual this crashing is for me. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the unrelated, wholly separate issue of my comp occasionally locking up. I only included that for full disclosure.

You really, really failed reading comprehension of my OP.

Quote Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    Ellis, this is 100% a bug with Big Top and Big Top only. It's is a known bug too, sadly. At one point they fixed it, then it broke again, then they fixed it (a developer at one point said they fixed it, I'm not just talking crazy), and now it is broken again. It's NOT your graphics card. (Not so sure about your whole computer locking up, that's a bit scary). Typically people crash in this quest somewhere near the middle. [When the jump shortcut was in available it barely affected anyone, since no one was near the middle of the quest.]

If you are lucky when Big Top crashed your client, the rest of your group will wait before ending the quest. If you are unlucky you'll crash over and over and over cause of the bug and everyone will give up on you. For the most part I just avoid this quest because of this nasty bug unless I absolutely need it.
    Yeah, I kinda sorta half remember reading something about that somewhere. Makes sense, and makes me feel better at least.

Yeah, it was all in the center area, which would have been skipped with the jump technique.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12