Community Member

Default unable to report bugs: 3 bug reports here

this has happened to me many times before, in game and now out of game. When it happens in game I go to help, press submit a bug, then it shoots me to the forums or the signon screen where i either go to submit a bug again in the forums leading me to the signon screen or i try to signon but either way when i do instead of logging me in it kicks me back to the forum main page. This has happened numerous times while trying to submit bugs.

Now I just tried to submit a bug about the new UI on the forum from the internet and it got me to the submit a bug page and i filled it all out but when i pressed submit it said internal error contact root@localhost or something like that. So here I am! I have 3 bug problems (other then the report a bug bug)

One being the major one is I have been experience crash issues since the update (before and after the hotfix) from 3 different ways: teleporting, pressing alt+tab and has now happened twice pressing quit to exit the game. What happens exactly is the screen turns completely black and I can see nothing but the backlight, but for some reason there is still sound (microphones and all), I also noticed during this time my keyboard becomes completely disabled. The numlock/capslock key lights do not respond and even taking out and plugging back in causes no response from the keyboard, requiring a dry boot EVERYTIME. This happens probly twice a day (depending on how much im on) and i am now avoiding pressing alt+tab (i used to all the time to check ddowiki) just to not have it happen (even tho i have pressed alt+tab successfully without crashing it does still happen). I really am confused as far as this goes.

Another major issue was when I TR'd my level 20 rogue I had only a choice between 3 classes (bard, rogue and something else dont remember was 2-3 days ago and couldnt report it) luckily i was just going to be rogue again so it didnt matter but I had no other option between the 3 I had thought you could be any race/class after TR? was strange

My other bug is a simple graphical bug thats not really a major issue. the new graphics on the experience bar do not match up properly with the one in the character information screen. It showed one orb in the corner with over 2.25 orbs worth of the experience bar in the character information screen, i was very close to 2 ranks but once i got there i was atleast 2.50 ranks in the character screen (based on new square ui bars) I have a feeling this has something to do with widescreen resolution possibly? 1440x900 is my resolution is this possibly why? I have noticed other strange ratio issues in this resolution aswell such as strange ui boxes seeming miss proportioned and sloppy.

So anyways thats it a few bugs the crashing being my major issue, not being able to report a pain. Thanks hope this helps and hope things get fixed soon!

Heres information about my system if anything will help:
    Dell xps600 tower:
    Windows xp 64 bit sp2
    Nvidia Nforce4 sli x16 intel edition mobo
    3.2ghz Pentium D Dual Core
    Zotac Geforce GTS 250 512mb graphics card (only one, not SLI)
    stock 2(1+1)gb ram + 4(2+2)gb kingston (total 6gb dual dimm)
    seasonic 620 watt bronze 80+ M12II PSU
    rest standard to dell xps 600

Community Member

So you're asking for a non-bugged bug reporting system? They've barely got one that is actually active, they had it turned off for over a year. It did work for a few months though.. And since the expansion release I actually reported a bug using it..... 1.... The other 10 or tiems I tired I got the same runaround errors... I gave up again just like I did 4 1/2 years ago... I post them here... They have a better chance of actually being seen consdiering what has happened in the past with "Officially reported bugs" which was "We've never heard of that bug" after 100's reported it, and talked aobu *** here.

You're much better off posting them here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=379878

If you're clear and concise, they might actually see it.

But by all means keep trying the "Official bug reporting system" You might roll a 3,469 on a D10,000... Oh wait that for a +5 tome... Succesfully, reporting a bug is 3,470 on a d10,000 or the equivalent of..

Sorry too much to ask for, a working bug reportign system, who needs it
    Last edited by smatt; 07-05-2012 at 11:13 PM.