Default Getting help in-game

I've had a few issues recently with some things in game. I've tried to contact in-game support and the help screen off the main menu is just a blank black box. I've tried through the Store and through the website and all I get is this:

Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Turbine In-Game Support. This automated email has been sent to let you know that we have received your support request and to also forward some relevant information based on the support request details you selected:

We apologize, but the In-Game department is not able to assist with bug reports. A Bug Report should be submitted for an issue that does need to be fixed, but does not necessarily affect your account. Examples of this include landscape problems, stuck locations, broken skills, translation concerns, etc. Please note that Bug Reports will not receive a response, as it is simply a report of an issue, not a request for help or support. You may submit a bug from within the game or via the option on the forums. If you are not sure how to submit a bug, please ask other players in general chat.

If you would like to request assistance of the In-Game "GM's", please note that we are only able to review and investigate with specific gameplay questions or issues when tickets are submitted through the ticket system within the game. To submit a Help request while logged into the game, please follow these directions:
    - Open the Help Menu by clicking on the “Esc” button.
    - Click the “New Ticket” button.*
    - Select the most appropriate types and explain your inquiry or issue.
    Your inquiry will then be reviewed by a GM, who will chat with you. (Please note that if you log out, the GM will not be able to chat.)

* Please note that if there is no “New Ticket” button on the Help Menu then your account is not currently eligible for In-Game support. You may obtain eligibility by becoming a VIP member or purchasing Turbine Points. If your account is not eligible, you may request advice from other players in the general chat channels or on the forums. You may also submit a Bug Report to provide feedback about a specific location that may cause players to be stuck; please note that Bug Reports are not a request for immediate assistance or support and will not receive a response.

As we cannot assist with specific game play questions or issues submitted from support.turbine.com, this ticket will be closed without further response. If you have other questions, please submit a new web inquiry to the appropriate department by visiting support.turbine.com.

Thank you,
    The Turbine In-Game Support Team

Emailed to me. I am a VIP and have been since the ptp started, I have been using the help facility on and off since preplay in Europe in 2006 so yes I know how to submit a ticket etc... I have spoken to GMs on and off during the last 6 years... What I would like to know is how to get help now... I *would* do as the email suggests to get help ingame IF IT WAS WORKING.

Getting really quite frustrated now.

Cat x
    Aureon/Keeper 2006 - 2010
    Thelanis 2009
    Ghallanda 2010 to date
    All my toon names start with "Cat" but not every Cat is me

Community Member

What are you trying to get help with -- is it something the in-game support people aren't able to help with?

Maybe try the in-game support forum? I've never read it but it sounds like the next best logical place for you to try to reach them...

I got that exact email, as well. I didn't find it particularly helpful.

Ummm this is not something new, sometimes it can be difficult to get help from them or any for that matter.

It's not that they can't help... it's that I cannot find a way to contact an in-game GM. It used to be a SHED LOAD easier... one put a ticket in, and then a nice glowy person came and fixed it for you... Now, it seems impossible to even contact one
    Thelanis 2009
    Ghallanda 2010 to date

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    It's not that they can't help... it's that I cannot find a way to contact an in-game GM. It used to be a SHED LOAD easier... one put a ticket in, and then a nice glowy person came and fixed it for you... Now, it seems impossible to even contact one
    I just contacted a GM in game via ticket and they came fast enough...

My help ticket page is blank as well through the ESC/help menu? No idea why? It worked before the update. But now it is broken. A few of my friends have this problem as well.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I just contacted a GM in game via ticket and they came fast enough...
    How did you get hold of them though, did your help screen work? Cos that's the problem... I'm not saying anything about the GM's themselves, I'm sure they would come and help -if- I could find a way of getting through to them
    Thelanis 2009
    Ghallanda 2010 to date

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    My help ticket page is blank as well through the ESC/help menu? No idea why? It worked before the update. But now it is broken. A few of my friends have this problem as well.

TY BadBob Sooo glad my husband and I aren't going nuts (his is broken too...)
    Thelanis 2009
    Ghallanda 2010 to date

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catkin View Post
    TY BadBob Sooo glad my husband and I aren't going nuts (his is broken too...)
    I -Think- this is the same thing (never tried it), submitting a ticket to "In-Game Support" via the Turbine Support Portal at http://support.turbine.com or

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

Also, did you clear your IE cache and cookies to see if that helped?

=) That's what I did to receive the reply I got in the op, thank you though.
    Thelanis 2009
    Ghallanda 2010 to date