Default solo TR leveling without guild buffs - options?

Possible?

Just wondering because this is where I am. I'm in a small guild and we are on the verge of getting a ship but probably not going to be much help while I try to get through 2nd life.

So any advice? Do ship buffs make a huge difference when soloing? Would this be a reason to drop down from Elite BB to Hard?

Nah, ship buffs are nice, but not a "must have or can't do Elite" thing, imo. I skip buffs all the time if I happen to see an LFM I want to join that's in progress, regardless of difficulty level. That said, though, I certainly don't argue if the leader wants the group to pick them up before we start
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

I don't think Ship Buffs are that vital since the most important ones are the resists, and Resist 20 potions can be purchased in the Twelve. And if you are an Arcane or Divine you can cast them anyway......

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    Possible?

Just wondering because this is where I am. I'm in a small guild and we are on the verge of getting a ship but probably not going to be much help while I try to get through 2nd life.

So any advice? Do ship buffs make a huge difference when soloing? Would this be a reason to drop down from Elite BB to Hard?
    Not sure what class you are planning to play. At level 12 you will have 30 point resists so the advantage will be somewhat less (except they persist through beholders). In low level quests with invulnerability + 30 point resists almost nothing can kill you except for a crit from an ogre/troll.

Elite bravery has issues right now. I was at ~L18 when the expansion pack hit (currently at 7th life) and the monsters started casting insane amounts. IQ was okay on elite but some of the vale quests were too painful for elite. It may make a difference that we were all lousy rogues thought and unable to just one-shot the casters asap.

I think Madfloyd replied that the trap damage is not working as intended. No information on spell damage but I hope they are also aware of it. They have a lot on their plate right now but I am hoping they fix it before I TR again

Search for Mr. Cow's True Diary of a Sorcerer thought. I think both the hard and elite streak took about the same amount of time. Hard is certaintly more forgiving of mistakes. The disadvantage is repeating the same content a couple of times. It depends how you enjoy playing - I can do some farming, but repeating more than 3 times my brain starts to go numb and I need to go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by toun View Post
    It depends how you enjoy playing - I can do some farming, but repeating more than 3 times my brain starts to go numb and I need to go do something else.
    To be fair, the difference was only 40 quest completions between Hard and Elite as well:

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Ye olde summary, round 2! I ended up doing 40 less quest runs, but the later quests on elite took longer, so I only completed the True Reincarnation about 10 minutes faster.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds