Thread: Please Help Me!

Default Please Help Me!

I'm a completely computer illiterate person that's been trying the last 48 hours to do everything I can possible do to log on and get into DDO. I'll restate my problems i'm having, first off is i'll login and after Character selection i'll get the Red Symbol/Latency Disconnected Symbol in the top of the screen and I won't be able to move and than i'll DC from it saying "Connection to the server has been lost" I think there's something wrong with my firewall but i don't know how to fix it, I"ve manually gone in there and deleted and re-added it and after i deleted the one "dndclient.exe" and launched the game it sent me this Windows Firewall Message that asked me if i wanted to keep blocking it and i said no unblock after i did that i got in the game but still got the Yellow Latency symbol showing i was close to dc? but than i rebooted my computer to see if i could get in the game again and if i fixed it. Did not work. I did the delete re-add and i keep getting that message saying it's blocking it but it won't let me in if i say unblock. There must be some issue with my Firewall, should i just re download the game? or is it something to do with ports (which i have no clue are) it just feels like Firewall's blocking it sometimes and something won't let me hold my connection to DDO.

Default Some Advice...

First, do not delete and download the game again - that is a last resort step.

If you believe your firewall is causing the problems, then you should turn your firewall off for a short time (5-10 minutes, as an example) so that you can see if you are able to log into the game. You can usually do this by right clicking your firewall icon and telling it to turn off for 5 minutes / etc.

In the event you can log in, then you have definitely identified your issue as firewall related. From there it should be as simple as adding the exceptions to the relevant DDO files (it sounds like you have a software firewall, so this should be easy).

If you can not log in, then you will need to check and see what other issues you may be having. Another possible issue is that your Anti Virus software is blocking a particular application (which can happen when you get the pop up and click it without reading, or perhaps misread something). In this case - AFTER you have tested the firewall above, then try turning off your AV, and test DDO again without AV.

There are a number of good threads here in this Tech forum that will offer help and advice - search the term and you should get some good results, and keep in mind that it is the 4th of July week, so many in America are on holiday or taking time off - so response times might be a wee bit long.

Lastly, if you post your results back here, it might help other users with their own problems in the future. Make sure to list the steps you took as well, such as:
    Firewall Off / AV on - test result?
    Firewall On / AV off - test result?
    Firewall Off / AV off - test result?

Good luck in the Mosh Pit
    The only difference between a weed and a flower is survival skill - Joseph

oh my god, i've tried everything. Turned off my firewall completely and still nothing, i honestly have no clue what to do or what to think not. I've honestly tried every twist turn and tangle i could think of from firewalls and internet connections. I wish i had the money for a new computer so i could completely avoid this. Sadly, I don't have the money. I'm begging for any idea you think might help.

Submit a support ticket, they can help you step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Submit a support ticket, they can help you step by step.

will do. I had another get-in-game-moment. I unplugged my wireless thing for 30 seconds and logged in than DC'd.