Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Exclamation Updated UI Art Pack any time soon?

Would have been nice to get an updated UI Art Pack before the expansion actually hits, so we could have working UI skins ready.

Will we ever see an updated skin art pack without having to decompile the client/guess the new image names ourselves?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I hope it's soon. I would like to be working on editing my skin while waiting to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

As nice as I think the new UI is great, I am eagerly awaiting for when the community created UIs can be updated. May also take a shot at creating my own UI. Backley if you decompile and figure out the names of the files, mind shooting me a message so I can play around with them?
    "A player must always feel like the failure of a challenge is entirely his own responsibility, and not a fault of a poorly designed product."
    Alleyna; Mekanix; Darsith - Intel Rq'd - Orien

I for one want my % HP on enemies back.

Turbine, can we has UI asset's please?
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Says it all:

A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Rodrak got this update 14 patch 1 (lama) base skin for us.

Bad news:
    It doesn't have the new horizontal hotbars, new focus orb, new player vitals bars, new xp bars, new map circle, or new menu: because those elements aren't skinnable (the new images are not available to the skinning system at all - bad/incomplete programming). This agrees with my own research (I could only find a few new image names and not the parts we care about).

So, I won't bother updating my skin at this time (I'm pretty much not playing anyway, since I'm so off-put by this UI and them stealing my 'unbound' rare DDO store loot I had stored on f2p alts).

If anyone cares:
    New images:
    orb_menu_button_pressed.tga
    orb_menu_button_rollover.tga
    physical_lg.tga
    box_bottomRightshadowdangleytab_center.tga
    box_bottomRightshadowdangleytab_left.tga
    box_bottomRightshadowdangleytab_right.tga
    bravery_bonus_hard.tga
    button_pet_arrow_left_normal_normal.tga
    button_pet_arrow_left_normal_rollover.tga
    button_pet_arrow_left_press.tga
    button_pet_arrow_right_normal_normal.tga
    button_pet_arrow_right_normal_rollover.tga
    button_pet_arrow_right_press.tga
    destiny_epicxp_minitick_full.tga
    destiny_pip_full.tga
    destiny_xp_tick_full.tga
    hudrevamp_chat_tab_active_left.tga
    hudrevamp_chat_tab_active_mid.tga
    hudrevamp_chat_tab_active_right.tga
    hudrevamp_xp_tick_active_epic.tga
    hudrevamp_xp_tick_epic.tga
    hudrevamp_xp_tick_normal.tga
    lg_class_druid_active.tga
    lg_class_druid_inactive.tga
    map_globalobjective_quest_advancer_arrow.tga
    orb_menu_button_ghosted.tga
    orb_menu_button_normal.tga
    button_tab_pet_stable_normal.tga
    button_tab_pet_stable_rollover.tga
    button_tab_pet_stable_ghosted.tga
    button_tab_pet_stable_highlight.tga
    henchmen_druid.tga

changed images:
    focus_orb_logo_background.tga
    focus_orb_rollover_highlight.tga
    gui2_button_questpanel_unavailable.tga
    henchmen_detach_horizontal_bar.tga
    henchmen_detach_horizontal_bar_highlight.tga
    henchmen_detach_horizontal_bar_locked.tga
    henchmen_detach_verticle_bar.tga
    henchmen_detach_verticle_bar_highlight.tga
    henchmen_detach_verticle_bar_locked.tga
    henchmen_full_bar.tga
    henchmen_full_bar_highlight.tga
    map_xendrick_stormreach_zoomin.jpg
    SkinDefinition.xml
    button_tab_listView_ghosted.tga
    button_tab_listView_highlight.tga
    button_tab_listView_normal.tga
    button_tab_listView_rollover.tga
    button_tab_paperdoll_ghosted.tga
    button_tab_paperdoll_highlight.tga
    button_tab_paperdoll_normal.tga
    button_tab_paperdoll_rollover.tga
    detach_horizontal_bar_highlight_locked.tga
    detach_vertical_bar.tga
    detach_vertical_bar_highlight.tga
    detach_vertical_bar_highlight_locked.tga

removed images (and most of these should be re-added so we can skin the new parts):
    button_baseInventroyTab_pressed.tga
    button_tab_listView_pressed.tga
    button_tab_paperdoll_pressed.tga
    button_timer_highlight_normal.tga
    detach_horizontal_bar.tga
    detach_horizontal_bar_highlight.tga
    detach_horizontal_bar_locked.tga
    detach_vert_bar_locked.tga
    Focus_Orb_06.tga
    Focus_Orb_small_cropped.tga
    full_bar.tga
    full_bar_highlight.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_ghosted.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_highlight_normal.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_highlight_pressed.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_normal_normal.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_normal_pressed.tga
    gui2_button_orb_menu_normal_rollover.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_background.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_background_minimal.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_background_pet.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_background_pet_minimal.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground_minimal.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground_pet.tga
    healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground_pet_minimal.tga
    healthbar_brass_background.tga
    healthbar_brass_background_minimal.tga
    healthbar_brass_background_pet.tga
    healthbar_brass_background_pet_minimal.tga
    healthbar_brass_foreground.tga
    healthbar_brass_foreground_minimal.tga
    healthbar_brass_foreground_pet.tga
    healthbar_brass_foreground_pet_minimal.tga
    healthbar_glass_overlay_health.tga
    healthbar_glass_overlay_mana.tga
    icon_mail_alert.tga
    radar_circle_brass_foreground_2.tga
    xp_action_point_gem.tga
    xp_action_point_gem_level_blue.tga
    xp_bar_dashes.tga
    xp_glass_overlay.tga

the other 1468 images are unchanged vs. update 12's dump.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Rodrak got this update 14 patch 1 (lama) base skin for us.

Bad news:
    It doesn't have the new horizontal hotbars, new focus orb, new player vitals bars, new xp bars, new map circle, or new menu: because those elements aren't skinnable (the new images are not available to the skinning system at all - bad/incomplete programming). This agrees with my own research (I could only find a few new image names and not the parts we care about).
    There are image names that I think correspond to the other new stuff but they aren't skin-able, unfortunately.
    I'm not trying to change your mind; I just want you to know you're an idiot.

C'mon, Devs. Any word yet on when we can skin the new UI?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Bump.

Decided to try DDO again. Still can't skin the new UI parts. Still can't get the menu to stick on all the time and/or be at the top like before. Still can't click "Hide content I don't own" in the Social window.

Have they fixed nothing in the 2 months I've been gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Still can't get the menu to stick on all the time and/or be at the top like before.
    Just forget the menu.

use yet another hodbar to replace it. You can drag and drop all the menu options in a shortcut bar and then put the bar the way you want ( horizontal, vertical, in a corner, in the middle ).

The only drawback is that you have to do that for each character if you don't use the same layout for all your character ( then the /ui layout save and load commands are your savior )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Bump, would like to skin the new vitals bar, new map circle, new hot bars, new focus orb, new xp bar, new quest entry window, new chat box, new menu icons (which I have put on hotbars, thanks for the suggestion), etc.

Are there community created skins? I looked at the ones listed in the sticky above when I started playing a few months ago but they were all horribly out of date and didn't work. Is there an alternative site or source for finding skins?

DDO is a far better game than WoW but one thing WoW had that I miss is the plethora of user created UIs. I'd love to have some sort of hotbar addon that allowed more customization. The ability to dock hotbars to one another alone would be amazing.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Grimknot View Post
    Are there community created skins? I looked at the ones listed in the sticky above when I started playing a few months ago but they were all horribly out of date and didn't work. Is there an alternative site or source for finding skins?

DDO is a far better game than WoW but one thing WoW had that I miss is the plethora of user created UIs. I'd love to have some sort of hotbar addon that allowed more customization. The ability to dock hotbars to one another alone would be amazing.
    1. This is the only source of community created skins anyone has mentioned. And yes, the most recently updated one was January 2012.

2. They haven't been updated since then because DDO's new UI parts since then haven't had skinning enabled on them yet (hence this thread).

3. DDO's skinning ability (when it works at all) only allows the images to be changed; no other functionality can be modified. So, no way to make hotbars dock to each other, change the size of a HP bar, etc.

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

I'd love to see this get some dev attention. This is one area where a little work up front by Turbine would net them lots of support and help from the user base. Instead of spending dev time making cosmetic changes to the UI a la the 'new and improved auction house' it would be awesome to devote that development time to making the current UI more user mod-friendly and then let the fans do the hard work for free. If managed well, Turbine could potentially integrate user generated changes into the game (e.g. hold a contest to design a better auction house; winner gets design credit and some free TP or something).

It's a shame that there are so many creative and talented people that want to contribute but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I'd love to see this get some dev attention. This is one area where a little work up front by Turbine would net them lots of support and help from the user base. Instead of spending dev time making cosmetic changes to the UI a la the 'new and improved auction house' it would be awesome to devote that development time to making the current UI more user mod-friendly and then let the fans do the hard work for free. If managed well, Turbine could potentially integrate user generated changes into the game (e.g. hold a contest to design a better auction house; winner gets design credit and some free TP or something).

It's a shame that there are so many creative and talented people that want to contribute but can't.
    thats the problem though.

Turbine have shown little to no interest in helping the community contribute. it has always been painful to get art packs out of them, they change the UI constantly but without any clear design or direction to the point where it currently is.

a complete mess.

oh well. im sure they have their reasons. i havent played in months (too busy with GW2 .. scalable UI anyone?).
    I was a premium DDO account subscriber since beta and over the years put a bit of time into skinning (Blackbird) but this game holds absolutely no interest any more.

This would be nice if it happened but it won't - Turbine cares about nothing else than short term profit.

So whenever you are about to suggest something, however good the suggestion is, you need to ask yourself: Will it make people buy pixels from store for real world money? Will they have to cough up some dough? Is there profit to be made without doing anything?

If the answer to any of the questions is no, then rest assured Turbine doesn't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    i havent played in months (too busy with GW2 .. scalable UI anyone?).
    I was a premium DDO account subscriber since beta and over the years put a bit of time into skinning (Blackbird) but this game holds absolutely no interest any more.
    Then can I just ask why you're still on these forums??
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    Probably subscribed to this thread before he left. I am back in the game on weekends now, but this and a few other old threads are the only thing I do with the forums now.

Just throwing in another voice to agree that it is important for Turbine to respond to this issue.

Involving the community and allowing them to extend the game, especially through something personal like a skin which is only an alternate display of buttons, etc., is very important to the game's health.

I don't know who is setting priorities for DDO these days, but I had hoped with the new hires at high levels some of the community issues like communication and API would be addressed.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    i havent been coming back to these forums (as a whole) at all. to be specific if ive visited i've only ever been coming back to read this single thread.

simply to see if Turbine had created an art pack so that I might consider updating my skin for those that are still using it.

nothing more.
    Last edited by Ualac; 11-15-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast