Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Update from me: I am no longer having this issue. I have been playing (and zoning) for a couple of hours without pause or disconnect.
    "Do not attempt to swim through a gelatinous cube, no matter how fun it looks at the time"
    jadenkorr: A soulstone does not deal damage

Community Member

don't hold your breath, i'd give it a little longer before reaching a conclusion

This is some major BS. I have timewarner also and I keep getting stuck in loading screens. This started happening AFTER turbine screwed up majorly by letting their domain expire. While a fix for this might require the ISP to do something, it should be turbines responsibility to fix their mistake. I've had no issues since I started playing this game (same year it came out). Turbine lets their domain expire, and suddenly I can't play.

Get this fixed, tell me how to fix it, or refund me all this money I spent the past few weeks. This I have 0 issues with dozens of other programs and games (over 50) that I use over the internet. This is your issue, even if you want to blame an ISP.

another victim , i also use twc and having the same issue

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...07#post4538707

Default Time Warner here too

Just to add to the list. Am having the same problems as everyone else. Have been playing DDo since just after launch with Time Warner as my ISP the whole time. No major problems the whole time untill the domain name snafu. Since then it's a major problem. Can't play any high level toons but can get in with some 4th level alts. Even then I have to hold my breath when zoning because it will DC at anytime. Hoping for a quick fix come monday.
    "And now for something completly different"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Erica9635 View Post
    This is some major BS. I have timewarner also and I keep getting stuck in loading screens. This started happening AFTER turbine screwed up majorly by letting their domain expire. While a fix for this might require the ISP to do something, it should be turbines responsibility to fix their mistake. I've had no issues since I started playing this game (same year it came out). Turbine lets their domain expire, and suddenly I can't play.

Get this fixed, tell me how to fix it, or refund me all this money I spent the past few weeks. This I have 0 issues with dozens of other programs and games (over 50) that I use over the internet. This is your issue, even if you want to blame an ISP.
    qft..and the bad thing is NO ONE from turbine has replied to any of the threads containing this problem.

Funny this is it only affects ddo for me since 6/20...every other game works fine..lotro seems to be having the same problem.
    I'm still new at this "helping" stuff.

Amanita

Default Glad i'm not the only one

I've been having the EXACT same issue. I even reinstalled the game n what not but still nothin.
    Orien~~ Mileene-Elineem-Gahzon-Xailu

Community Member

I'm also getting the same problem.

In order to maybe organize all of the problems stated earlier in this thread, I've made a list of things that every victim of these problems seem to have in common:

1. These problems are exclusive to Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online. This has been tested: I downloaded, installed, and ran LotRO and was getting the same problems; however, any other program of mine that requires internet connection is working perfectly. RuneScape, WoW, FlyFF, Runes of Magic, Google Chrome, and anything else is working fine.
    2. All of the following problems started occurring somewhere between June 20, 2012 and June 21, 2012.
    3. These problems started spontaneously happening; they appeared irrespective of any software, hardware, or networking specifications. Victims of these problems have not bought new hardware, changed anything about their firewall, routers, internet connection, or anything else.

I've also synthesized a list of symptoms that are ailing us:

1. Sometimes the launcher may freeze before starting.
    2. Sometimes the game will get stuck before the character list and will time out after going through the "searching for logon server" twenty times.
    3. Sometimes the game will get stuck at the "Welcome to Eberron" screen after selecting your character for five or so minutes and then time out.
    4. Sometimes the game will get stuck on the loading screen between zoning into different areas for five or so minutes and then time out.
    5. Sometimes your latency icon will turn yellow, stay there for a couple minutes, and then turn red.

Lastly, based on what people have been stating, and from empirical observations, I have also concluded that:

1. Reinstalling Dungeons and Dragons Online will not help.
    2. Reconfiguring your firewall will not help.
    3. Resetting your firewall will not help.
    4. Portforwarding is not the issue.
    5. Resetting your modem/router/both will not help.
    6. Resetting your computer will not help.

I have, surprisingly, been able to play DDO by utilizing a rudimentary fix that I think was mentioned on another thread. Here is what I do.

1. I go to C:\\Users\\My Name\\My Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserPreferences.ini. I open the file with notepad.
    2. I scroll down to "[Net]."
    3. I go to "UserSpecifiedPort=xxxx."
    4. I change this value to anything else; changing it to 1, 2, or 3 generally seems to work for me.
    5. I log into the game and play normally.
    6. I can usually continue doing this for a quest or two, and then it will get stuck on a loading screen or my latency icon will turn red and time out on me. When this happens, I repeat steps 1-4, except that I change the value in step 4 to something else (i.e. if I had changed it to "1" earlier, I change it to "2"). Then I log in and play normally.
    7. Repeat steps 1-6 until I have to do something in real life or I get bored of playing.

So far, I've been able to run Lords of Dust and the Snitch and Epic every day since I've had the problem, and I even got through an entire Shroud run without disconnecting; not surprisingly, though, I disconnected immediately thereafter. But then I logged back in and continued to play normally. Hopefully, we will not have to repeat the somewhat trivial and tedious process merely so that we can play the game, but until we hear anything official from Turbine, the solution that I've offered is thus far the only way that I can play the game.

Default Glad to finally find its route hop issues

Yes, same from me. Not sure if ya'll joined the crew of defragmenting, re-installing DDO client, updating drivers, etc. The only good thing from this is my computer is back to sparkly and clean since every self-resolution attempt I've done has only cleansed up my computer.

Too bad I don't have the hack skills to log into Time Warner's Routers. I could probably figure out in 1 hour how to edit their routing tables, make a few changes to dymanic paths and make them static (well, at least temporarily), put a note in there for the Time Warner techs [#Note - This is just to help us DDO fans, and is not an attempt to hack and disrupt your other customers service] .. and then enjoy myself in DDO land in the farming of Epic Tokens, so that I don't get nerfed on Epic Tokens when the changes come out on Monday.

---
    Well, at least I can update my blogs .. assuming I can hold my login to the my.ddo.com forums.

Community Member

Just checking to see if anyone still has the problem as I am also a TWC socal customer. I've finally been able to log on to a problem character and am not sure if it has to do with some changes I've made or if twc or turbine have worked out something.

Earlier I was testing pings to the ddo servers and noticed I would not get a reply if my packet size was greater than 976 bytes. I've currently set my nic MTU to 976. I originally still had a problem but then went to make dinner. I've come back and my problem character just logged in fine, some other characters that had zoning problems seem to be working fine. However, since there was a good sized delay between my change and this happening I can't be sure if it is related to packets or not.

Community Member

worked fine all of friday night and saturday when i tried to play, but sunday morning now it's suddenly not working.
    At least I can get IN the game consistently now, but it constantly disconnects in short order.

New here and signed up to report i too am having issues with logging in. I am with TW Cable/Road Runner in Los Angeles. Ever since DDO's domain flub and maintenance last week (around the 20th of june) the game will either freeze when starting the launcher or if im lucky will load completely (after 2 or 3 min of waiting at launcher) and connect getting me to the character screen. If i do get that far i can choose my toon and the game starts to log me in but gets stuck on loading please wait. After 2 min or so it times out and drops connection.

All day friday and part of saturday i backed up my system, then wiped it clean and re-installed Win 7 and all programs i needed (anti-virus etc). Then a clean install of DDO. Once DDO installed it ran thru all of its updating then finished. This was around 8pm last night. So i decided to try and log in. Launcher loaded fine. Logged into argo fine. Chose toon and bam i was in game. I was in for about an hour or 2, talked with friends, checked mail and auction and ran 1 quest in house k for favor.

Now today i cannot get back in game. Same problem as before. I reported this to both turbine tech support & time warner tier 3 tech support thursday of last week. Last night was either a fluke or they are working on getting this resolved.

This is just ridiculous. I'm a lil miffed and would like to play the game i pay for TURBINE!

Edit....

Seems getting to the DDO Forums is also starting to have problems. Half the time i get this message below and have to refresh the browser a few times before it will connect.

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    •Internet connectivity has been lost.
    •The website is temporarily unavailable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.
    •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Edit #2....

Well it is 8:39 pm PST. Just tried logging in. Got error "unable to connect to world que". So i closed the client, restarted and waited at loading screen for about 3 min and im in game as we speak. Seems to me as with last night it was also after 8pm when i was able to get in. Going to see how long this lasts and will edit post to reflect any changes.

EDit #3....

Well that lasted all of about an hour and 15 min. then got dropped like a hot potatoe.
    Last edited by witchboy2012; 06-25-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: added new edit.

Default Its Turbine not Time Warner

Quote Originally Posted by Erica9635 View Post

I'm in the same situation. Ive never had an issue with this game and my ISP until Turbine screwed up their domain a few days back. I completely agree with Erica and think Turbine needs to step up to the plate and own their mistake otherwise my money goes else where. I'm tired of paying money for crappy customer service and this includes Time Warner.

Community Member

This is not a fix but...

i found that after trying to log in a few times ill make it in and as long as i dont leave the area im fine this has allowed me to hunt in GH the past 2 days i can get in one or two runs of wild hunting before it dumps me and then i have to wait a few hours to get back in it sucks but at least im earning xp till its actually fixed

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

STILL can't log on.

I had to give up after 20 minutes of trying to get back into my game today. Dropped on a stupid loading screen.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post
    1. I go to C:\\Users\\My Name\\My Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserPreferences.ini. I open the file with notepad.
    4. I change this value to anything else; changing it to 1, 2, or 3 generally seems to work for me.
    6. I can usually continue doing this for a quest or two, and then it will get stuck on a loading screen or my latency icon will turn red and time out on me. When this happens, I repeat steps 1-4, except that I change the value in step 4 to something else (i.e. if I had changed it to "1" earlier, I change it to "2"). Then I log in and play normally.
    7. Repeat steps 1-6 until I have to do something in real life or I get bored of playing.

So far, I've been able to run Lords of Dust and the Snitch and Epic every day since I've had the problem, and I even got through an entire Shroud run without disconnecting; not surprisingly, though, I disconnected immediately thereafter. But then I logged back in and continued to play normally. Hopefully, we will not have to repeat the somewhat trivial and tedious process merely so that we can play the game, but until we hear anything official from Turbine, the solution that I've offered is thus far the only way that I can play the game.
    IDK how the hell you did that or if it's even just a coincidence, but I finally caved in and followed your steps and it worked!

Managed to log in without any problems.

It's magic.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Community Member

Default i will try this thing

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post
    I'm also getting the same problem.

In order to maybe organize all of the problems stated earlier in this thread, I've made a list of things that every victim of these problems seem to have in common:

1. These problems are exclusive to Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online. This has been tested: I downloaded, installed, and ran LotRO and was getting the same problems; however, any other program of mine that requires internet connection is working perfectly. RuneScape, WoW, FlyFF, Runes of Magic, Google Chrome, and anything else is working fine.
    2. All of the following problems started occurring somewhere between June 20, 2012 and June 21, 2012.
    3. These problems started spontaneously happening; they appeared irrespective of any software, hardware, or networking specifications. Victims of these problems have not bought new hardware, changed anything about their firewall, routers, internet connection, or anything else.

I've also synthesized a list of symptoms that are ailing us:

1. Sometimes the launcher may freeze before starting.
    2. Sometimes the game will get stuck before the character list and will time out after going through the "searching for logon server" twenty times.
    3. Sometimes the game will get stuck at the "Welcome to Eberron" screen after selecting your character for five or so minutes and then time out.
    4. Sometimes the game will get stuck on the loading screen between zoning into different areas for five or so minutes and then time out.
    5. Sometimes your latency icon will turn yellow, stay there for a couple minutes, and then turn red.

Lastly, based on what people have been stating, and from empirical observations, I have also concluded that:

1. Reinstalling Dungeons and Dragons Online will not help.
    2. Reconfiguring your firewall will not help.
    3. Resetting your firewall will not help.
    4. Portforwarding is not the issue.
    5. Resetting your modem/router/both will not help.
    6. Resetting your computer will not help.

I have, surprisingly, been able to play DDO by utilizing a rudimentary fix that I think was mentioned on another thread. Here is what I do.

i will try it, and i hope it's work, seems like it work with some players

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12