Community Member HalfOrcBeautyQueen's Avatar

Default Druid Capstone Suggestion

In addition to the existing Capstones as is,

It would be nice if they both offered the ability to summon "Nature's Champion" - a CR:20 Nature's Ally.
    - It would be even nicer if this stacked with Nature's Ally, similar to Palemaster minions.

Since we're going into Epic Territory at 20, and Summons are notoriously underpowered, I feel a CR:20 Summon would be fitting for a summoning class.

Maybe a Salamander, or a Lion, or an Invisible Stalker

Something that will at least survive a few hits in Epic Content.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    In addition to the existing Capstones as is,

It would be nice if they both offered the ability to summon "Nature's Champion" - a CR:20 Nature's Ally.
    - It would be even nicer if this stacked with Nature's Ally, similar to Palemaster minions.

Since we're going into Epic Territory at 20, and Summons are notoriously underpowered, I feel a CR:20 Summon would be fitting for a summoning class.

Maybe a Salamander, or a Lion, or an Invisible Stalker

Something that will at least survive a few hits in Epic Content.
    no way.. we need alternate caster and melee shape.. or another companion that level up with player.

p.s. a fixed level pet would either be useless or over power at 20 and useless at 25...
    I hate how thing were mistranslated in this game.. but this is also the only one...

Community Member

The way the current summons work, I'd not even take it over the existing capstone if it were the current companion with +20 to all stats, that is how bad summons are.

That said, theres supposed to be a druid ed that is more or less underway, we'll probably see more buffs to the companion/other summons in that, where they will lead a miserable and lonely existance.

Community Member

i cant even find online what the current capstones are.. or what the pre do.. not on wiki anyways.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    i cant even find online what the current capstones are.. or what the pre do.. not on wiki anyways.
    There are 2 capstones right now. One gives a permanent +2 wisdom and +1 to 2 schools, I believe it was conjuration and transmutation. The other one was some minor buff to animal form, reducing cooldown penalty from 3x to 2x or something, not that that would change anything given that the best spells to cast with the class are persistent and outlast their cd anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    There are 2 capstones right now. One gives a permanent +2 wisdom and +1 to 2 schools, I believe it was conjuration and transmutation. The other one was some minor buff to animal form, reducing cooldown penalty from 3x to 2x or something, not that that would change anything given that the best spells to cast with the class are persistent and outlast their cd anyway.
    the first one sounds kinda cool the second one sounds kinda meh

is it true druids get no plus wisdom in there enh tree like all other class do

not true
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

The +1 to those schools is also to CL and Max CL I believe.

The animal form one does the cooldown thing, also adds 2d6 SA in wolf forms, and I think it was more PRR in bear form.
    Last edited by Diyon; 06-21-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

the first one sounds kinda cool the second one sounds kinda meh

They get Druid Wisdom I, II, and III.

They also get Druid Strength I and II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member HalfOrcBeautyQueen's Avatar

The way the current summons work, I'd not even take it over the existing capstone if it were the current companion with +20 to all stats, that is how bad summons are.

That said, theres supposed to be a druid ed that is more or less underway, we'll probably see more buffs to the companion/other summons in that, where they will lead a miserable and lonely existance.
    I wasn't suggesting a separate capstone but rather a bonus to the existing Capstones.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.