Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Talking

Grrrrrrrr..
    <Looking for lag bomb of unpleasantness to hurl at nearest available electronic device>
    When will the teasing end?
    Can we not play our game?
    Wizards Of The Coast are behind this, I'm sure of it!
    Theyre angry we're all playing and not buying their poor imitations of D&D novels anymore. =)

Same problem, 11 files, every time, and a restart to the launcher, annoying D:

Zess
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Ditto

Yep, same here.

Fortunately, it doesn't take all that long to do, but it's still quite annoying.
    The same update every time I connect. Turbine, what did you guys do to the launcher this time? Or better yet, how can I fix it?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

From what I can see there is no fix client-side and this isn't related to the recent DNS issue.

It occurs approximately ~25% of the time when launching DDO on my Win7 64bit PC and clicking on the close box when prompted for 'ok to restart launcher' sometimes lessens the repeat of the patching loop but not always.

The time and datestamp on the 11 files themselves use the local current time and date each launch rather than being a fixed value so to me the selfpatch process seems in error.

I raised ticket #24001-283047 for Turbine to investigate passing on my patch logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitey View Post
    From what I can see there is no fix client-side and this isn't related to the recent DNS issue.
    For me it's related... the Launcher started to go all updating since the DNS furball.

Before anybody ask : Yes, the hosts file is back to what it was originally. ( come on give me a break I do this kind of things for a living... I do have a clue when it comes to name resolutions and network related stuff )

Oh as a funny note, I'm still on XP... so it's not 7 64bits related.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

I am experiencing the launcher issue as well, since last Saturday.

I did *not* edit hosts file at any time.

I am experiencing the issue on 3 different computers, 3 different ip addresses. Windows 7 32 on one, and Windows 7 x64 on the other two.

Just to be curious, I edited my dns one one my my computers to google's, and that didn't help at all, so put it back to my ISP's.

I too find it frustrating that there is no 'official' acknowledgement of this issue with anyone here on the forum. There are several threads going now in the tech support area alone.

Same thing happening here. I just let the 20 seconds tick down, and that seems to do the trick... Very frustrating though.

Same here.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Edyit76 View Post
    When I go to launch the DnD client it does the auto update thing and updates 11 items and says it needs to restart the client. Then it repeats this again, and again. It's taking me 2-3 "downloads" just to log in and its pretty damned annoying.

Is anyone else getting this issue?
    I am also getting this and it is very annoying. Any idea how pervasive this is and if there is a known fix?

This is happening to me also. Annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    For me it's related... the Launcher started to go all updating since the DNS furball.
    Timing-wise it seems to conincide but I don't believe client-side DNS settings have caused or fix the self-patch loop problem (which was what I meant to convey) as it's not a lack of connectivity.

I know the launcher was changed 1st June in patch 3 - I do wonder if a part of the process that checks against download.ddo.akamai.turbine.com is faulty.

Turbine support advised to overwrite the program files from the backup folder but this made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by varsh View Post
    saw a possible fix in another thread..too lazy too look for it. Let the launcher update once..then hit the "x" to close the window second time it loads up...seemed to work for couple peeps
    This worked for me as well. Thanks.

EDIT: It worked initially but it started happening again....every time.
    Last edited by Arkat; 06-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by varsh View Post
    saw a possible fix in another thread..too lazy too look for it. Let the launcher update once..then hit the "x" to close the window second time it loads up...seemed to work for couple peeps
    I found this to be a short-term workaround - it will stop the launcher auto-looping but the patching will once again occur within the next 5 subsequent game launches.

15. 06-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Reason
    Not contributory to the issue or aiding in a resolution

Community Member

Default i still can't play

and if there is an answer to the prob in the forums i can't find it

Default update loop

I to am having the same problem i have tried to manualy overright the update process and it failed i didnt not change my host file i swapped to google dns server and back the next morning.. i to belive this is because the ddo domain issue since it started right after the domain issue i mean obviously DDO fails at alot of stuff i mean come on account support will be down WENSDAY june 19th LOL um turbine excuse me but june 19th 2012 is a tuesday LMAO come on guys you are seriously dropping the ball lately and making alot of ppl who pay for your product weary about your decisions reguarding a multi million dollar game..... imo fire alot of ppl that work for you there obviously not doing there jobs the way there supposed to

Community Member

I have the same problem. I made no changes for the DNS thingy. Sometimes it does just one restart, sometimes more - I think the most I counted was 5. It is always downloading the same 11 files.

Why won't someone from Turbine say anything about this?

AJ (Idiot Extraordinaire)

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

I'm going to recommend that everyone encountering this put in a support request here but also post your launcher logs (the directions how are in the 'how to get help' sticky linked in my sig).

One thing off the top of my head, have you all confirmed that your system day,month,year, time as well as timezone/daylight savings settings are all correct.

I noted earlier a post about a date discrepancy and this might be a potential cause.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are best for Player-to-Player help, for more direct and official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Community Member

The launcher is downloading the same splash screen files over and over... Try a comp restart then open the launcher, if it starts dowloading again hit the X to close it right away and then try to open it again. this has been working for most people....

Otherwise it will be fixed *Soon.....

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

I've merged two other threads on this same issue into this one for clarity.

Be sure to read my previous response in this thread here.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are best for Player-to-Player help, for more direct and official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast