Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default turbine launcher stopped working

I opened ddo launcher after a week or 2 i haven't played, the game updated a few files, including the ddo launcher, then the lancher said it will restart, since it restarted ever time i open it it start working, going till the game update till then all is done inculding game examine, then it either says waiting and then opens box of turbine launcher stopped working, or it even stops at the game examine, or right after it starts updating before it downloads anything.
    each time it says it stopped working, what do i do?

Community Member

Default Turbine Launcher keeps redownloading patches

Hi folks,

Since the little snafu yesterday each and every time since I load the Turbine launder it keeps downloading and update, restarting, downloading an update restarting and only then allowing me to log into my account. It appears they are the same files each time. Is there a particular reason for this little annoyance?

Also is there a particular reason the launcher always forces my english client to download german and french content? I admit those are two things I will never use and wonder if there is a way to opt out of that entirely (I doubt that there is but may as well ask).
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Facing exactly the same problem, it's really irritating please help.

Yes the reason is Turbine does not want you to log out anymore. Its easier to keep track of you if you are always playing. The added bonus is it allows Turbine the opportunity to see how much lag we will put up with before we log out in utter frustration.
    Enjoy yourself your time on earth is very short.

All Kyber toons - Xirthax (Paladin) : Xirth (Wizard) : Xirthtrix (Fighter) : Xorthtrox(Monk)

saw a possible fix in another thread..too lazy too look for it. Let the launcher update once..then hit the "x" to close the window second time it loads up...seemed to work for couple peeps

Quote Originally Posted by varsh View Post
    saw a possible fix in another thread..too lazy too look for it. Let the launcher update once..then hit the "x" to close the window second time it loads up...seemed to work for couple peeps
    I tried this and it worked like a champ! Thank you!

Default Will try

I have the same issue and I will try the "hit x" to see if it will work. It is really annoying.

Community Member MelkiorPeasantbane's Avatar

Exclamation Pylotro

Got tired of this error myself, started using the pylotro launcher instead. Hope it gets fixed soon though.

Turbine, fix your stupid buggy code!

I've pretty much resigned myself to the memory leaks that force me to restart the client after every few character changes. Now when I restart my client to get rid of the lag, the launcer insists on patching the same files AND restarting 3 times in a row. Or 5 times, or 7, or 12...

This is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS!

I had the problem.

I fixed it by removing the workaround ( hosts file ) for the DNS snafu.
    Not sure it helps in all the cases.

Somebody else reported that by letting the timer expires, the launcher update only 3/4 times and then stops updating.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Having this issue as well. Modified host files over the weekend. Since my ISP has not yet updated DNS info, I am now stuck waiting 5-20 minutes to login since the number of iterations before it allows log in appears to be random.

Community Member

Talking

The way to bring your hostfile to normal worked also fine for me, if you did the explained Workaround the weekend. First i deleted the hostfile changes and then flushed the dns via cmd.exe again. Works !!!

Never did the hostfile dns fixes this weekend stuck in an endless loop today, tried to just close then restart the launcher now I only get ... on the launcher.

i never messed with the host file and also get the endless loop.

Odd no one from Turbine commenting on this.

I had this problem for most of the weekend. It appears to have been resolvewith one final mass of updates just this afternoon. We'll see I guess

Just logged in again and this is still occuring.

Default Not dire but annoying

I also have this problem ... 2 or 3 launcher restarts before it settles down and actually allows a login. Still no response from Turbine on the issue?!

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    Hi folks,

Since the little snafu yesterday each and every time since I load the Turbine launder it keeps downloading and update, restarting, downloading an update restarting and only then allowing me to log into my account. It appears they are the same files each time. Is there a particular reason for this little annoyance?

Also is there a particular reason the launcher always forces my english client to download german and french content? I admit those are two things I will never use and wonder if there is a way to opt out of that entirely (I doubt that there is but may as well ask).
    Same issue...what is going on?
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

Community Member

same issue here. never touched anything DNS related on my end.
    how a multy million dollar company managed to bork there own domain rego is beyond me tho.

Default Client Launcher Weirdness

When I go to launch the DnD client it does the auto update thing and updates 11 items and says it needs to restart the client. Then it repeats this again, and again. It's taking me 2-3 "downloads" just to log in and its pretty damned annoying.

Is anyone else getting this issue?
    Beer is proof that god loves me, and wants me to be happy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast