Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Animal form die steps

Are animal form die steps working yet?

We were told that things increasing unarmed die steps are supposed to work on animal form attacks, however last I heard they were bugged and dropping the 1d10 down to 1d6. Is this still occurring? If it has been fixed what is our damage dice progression?

Has anyone happened to have a chance to test out different things increasing die steps?

Does the monk past life work now?
    Reinforced fists?

Has anyone happened to test whether you get a die step increase from a non handwraps byeshk alchemical weapon?

Thanks.
    Vlyxnol - Incarnate - Cannith
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Community Member

Any update here?
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Community Member

What die steps?

As far as i know and tested on lamannia there is a set base damage-die for each animal form.
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

I doubt it considering they removed scaling unarmed dice for monks. They gain +1/2[W] every level their die would normally increase.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member

Yes, but how does the system work for druids now, do we know?

Does it perhaps give the 1.5[w] bonus then if we do things like take the monk past life or wear reinforced fists on our gear?

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post

Does it perhaps give the 1.5[w] bonus then if we do things like take the monk past life or wear reinforced fists on our gear?
    I would hazard a guess that it just doesn't work since you're not 'unarmed' in the sense of martial arts when you're an animal.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member HalfOrcBeautyQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post

It's supposed it. Monk past life is supposed to increase your Natural Weapon (Animal Form) by 1.5[W].
    And IC: Bludgeoning is supposed to work on Animal forms as well.

If they purposefully changed it to not work with Natural Weapons they didn't announce it.

Not sure for monk-specific gear, that was never confirmed nor denied.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

From my testing in Form it looks like there is no scaling at all over level. Its like if you decide to use your bare hands to kill the ooze. The only difference is that you may have more strength, buffs and additional effects so that at the end indeed numbers slightly go up. One buff for example increase you size (virtually) which give a +4 bonus to STR and CON while in Form. Other then that I found to do actually more damage with a Scimitar or Staff in the hand.

However it is difficult to compare, as your attack rate in wolf form is still faster then out of form, so it is not only a question of the final dice.

Hehe, at least you can now feel the pain of your pet or summon that try to contribute of the combat
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 06-22-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here