Community Member

Default Gear Loadout: Elric of Melnibone

I'm looking for crafted gear loadout ideas for an "Elric" type character. My version is a 1 Fighter/X Pale Master that uses a Great Sword. I'm not planning on TR-ing him anytime soon as he's part of a closed group of 4 that doesn't level all that quickly (my P&P D&D group). My basic playstyle is stay up with the self buffs, multiple summons, close to melee range, use Auto Attack and then cast as seems needed in the fight. Unless I'm soloing, I'm not much in one of the undead forms. He has maxxed out Arcane Fluidity which, with Twilight Mithral plate is a big part of the character.

I'm looking for crafted gear selections. Our group has an artificer I'm pretty sure I can bribe into getting some things made. Basically what slot and what effect, like "Cloak: Resistance". We're not going to be getting into any raiding, just playing around on the single group content.

I've got some vague ideas, but thought I'd crowdsource and see what kinda suggestions I'd get.

Default Stormbringer

Thematically hard to quant/lify this piece of gear in DDO but...

Cannith Crafted Stormbringer *might* be something like

+5 Anarchic Burst Silver Greatsword of Vampirism with the Double Edged Straight skin

Chaos Theme: Check
    Good Versus Law (kinda): Check
    Provides Sustenance By Killing Foes: Check

A Greensteel Stormbringer wouldn't look as "Classic" with the weird skin greensteel greatswords get..

But Thematically you could have two versions one Good and One Better.

The Good version
    Vaccuum (Neg/Electric/Vacuum)

+5 Unholy, +6 Strength, +2 Exc Stat of Choice and Vaccuum, On Hit Trap the Soul

or Better Version (kinda)

Concordant Oppositions (Neg, Pos, Neg)
    +5 Unholy, Heal Amp 20%, +2 Exc Stat of Choice and Concordant Opposition (When Hit get back HP or SP)

+5

Community Member

Thank you. +1'd.

Default Wow ty sir or madam

...but just had an inspiration that would give you a closer Cannith Crafted visualization of the Classic Black Sword.

Adamantine Weapons have a black color to them. So an Adamantine Greatsword Blank would be a Closer match in Color.

Also, Anarchic/ABurst makes your weapon purple- Fits the Chaos Theme but deters from the Black Sword Look

Cannith Crafted Unholy of Vampirism on an Adamantine Blank would give a really close thematic look of the Classic Black Sword I recall from the covers of the Softbound Elric Books.

btw Michael Moorcock is in my Holy Trinity of Fantasy/Science Fiction along with Frank Herbert and Robert E. Howard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    btw Michael Moorcock is in my Holy Trinity of Fantasy/Science Fiction along with Frank Herbert and Robert E. Howard.
    Awesome! Me too. I was introduced to Elric through graphic novels and have been hooked on the concept ever since.

Any suggestions on other gear slots?