Community Member

Default BSOD after choosing a server

As of last night after I choose a server I get a BSOD and reboot. I have repaired, uninstalled the game deleted the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder from documents deleted the turbine folder from Program Files (x86) then reinstalled, and done a graphics reset from the launcher options. Still happens. I am running windows 7 64bit and am up to date on my patches and drivers. Everything else is working correctly just DDO has a problem and it happens every time I try and launch it. Help??!

Community Member

Current fix, disable the sound card. The issue just started one day, working, went to bed, woke up, not working. Since then I have reloaded the most current driver for my sound card and if the sound card is not disabled BSOD at launch...

Community Member

Most of the opinions I've read in this forum (and elsewhere) is that these BSOD's tend to indicate some form of hardware problem. Whether or not other software causes the same error may be due to whether or not the other software exercises the system in the same way. A software program that is as polished as DDO would generally not be responsible (especially by itself) for a BSOD, especially on just one or two users' systems. In the end its telling you there's something wrong somewhere, especially if it JUST started happening.

The posters in this forum generally suggest it might be your PC's memory, or a device such as the reply above wher the sound card was the culprit (might be that or something else for you.) Did anything that you are aware of at all change about the time this started happening? Did you note information such as an error description or a "stop code" on the BSOD?

There've been some very knowledgeabe people responding to the odd BSOD thread but they may be focusing on the open beta this weekend.

(Sometimes, with newer hardware, the latest software drivers aren't the best or aren't fuilly debugged - did you JUST update any drivers?)

In a case like this I would try restoring windows to a previous restoration point.