Default Help fixing my paladin

I'm playing a pure Paladin. I want to play her at least to level 20, and True Reincarnate.

I was playing solo a fair long while. When I joined the guild I'm in now, I was already level 7 or 8 and the worst of the damage had been done.

Here are her base stats as a 28 point character:

She's 11th level, almost 12th.

16 Str
    10 Dex
    12 Con (and +2 Constitution tome)
    8 Int
    12 Wis
    16 Charisma (and +1 Charisma tome)

If you want to see all of her, she's here:
    http://my.ddo.com/character/orien/eachna/

I took one of those pre-generated paths, although I left it around 4th or 5th level. I put my ability points all over the place, rather than dedicating them to a specific ability. I did the same with my few skill points. I stupidly traded my Cleave feat away for a Dragonmark of Making (I'm levelling crafting and I thought it would be more useful than it is). I did take Toughness (probably one of my few smart choices). I also took Shield Mastery thinking sword and board was more effective with a paladin than it is.

I've made a mess of my character. I realize that. I would, however, appreciate help in fixing her from this point on. I've been working on getting the Red Fens gear so I at least have decent equipment for a 7th level character, and then I can work on getting gear commensurate to my actual level.

I've read Junt's guide and some similar references, but I'm not starting with a fresh character, I'm starting with one already affected by poor choices. She's 11th level, almost 12th, and it's only going to get worse from here.

Any suggestions on specific enhancement specs or specific pieces of equipment to pick up would be appreciated. Anything that might help her limp along till reincarnation. I'm tired of being a burden of my guild and not pulling my weight as far as the damage I deal. They're supportive, but it's not right for me to slow them down.

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    I'm playing a pure Paladin. I want to play her at least to level 20, and True Reincarnate.

I was playing solo a fair long while. When I joined the guild I'm in now, I was already level 7 or 8 and the worst of the damage had been done.

Here are her base stats as a 28 point character:

She's 11th level, almost 12th.

16 Str
    10 Dex
    12 Con (and +2 Constitution tome)
    8 Int
    12 Wis
    16 Charisma (and +1 Charisma tome)

If you want to see all of her, she's here:
    http://my.ddo.com/character/orien/eachna/

I took one of those pre-generated paths, although I left it around 4th or 5th level. I put my ability points all over the place, rather than dedicating them to a specific ability. I did the same with my few skill points. I stupidly traded my Cleave feat away for a Dragonmark of Making (I'm levelling crafting and I thought it would be more useful than it is). I did take Toughness (probably one of my few smart choices). I also took Shield Mastery thinking sword and board was more effective with a paladin than it is.

I've made a mess of my character. I realize that. I would, however, appreciate help in fixing her from this point on. I've been working on getting the Red Fens gear so I at least have decent equipment for a 7th level character, and then I can work on getting gear commensurate to my actual level.

I've read Junt's guide and some similar references, but I'm not starting with a fresh character, I'm starting with one already affected by poor choices. She's 11th level, almost 12th, and it's only going to get worse from here.

Any suggestions on specific enhancement specs or specific pieces of equipment to pick up would be appreciated. Anything that might help her limp along till reincarnation. I'm tired of being a burden of my guild and not pulling my weight as far as the damage I deal. They're supportive, but it's not right for me to slow them down.
    If you plan on TRing soon after hitting level 20...don't worry about it too much.

If you plan on getting gear and stuff (I recommend doing this)...I would suggest lesser reincarnating your PLD.

Figure out what you want to accomplish. DD or Tank?

Go with Hunter of the Dead until you hit the Vale and then start fighting devils. Once there...swap to Knight of the Chalice.

If tanking...go with Defender of Syberus.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Bacab's absolutely right - don't worry too much about how broken it is now, and his recommendations are solid. My main's first life was a pally, and he wasn't set up much different to yours, but managed to contribute well enough to groups. With good strength you can switch out any feats you decide you really don't want for THF - though it takes time - but yeah, probably keep the toughness. Make sure you've got a good WIS item for spell points, a good CHA item for smiting power, CON for HPs and STR for moar damage...

At level 14 you get the Holy Sword spell, and can buy the ingredient item in house J - you end up with effectively a +5 metalline of pure good weapon which should tide you over until you make GS or find "something better".

If you really feel like the HPs are low, make sure to visit the orchard for tapestries to get your Minos Legens, you grind favor in GH for an extra 10hp and you find/craft a GFL item... later on you can also craft a +45hp greensteel item as well. All up these add (I think) 135hp over no gear, which generally gets you accepted in groups.

Also if you don't want to be a burden, feel for the limits of the character and figure out which quests you can join in on running elite and which ones you just want to run over-level norm/hard. If you feel squishy, then be good at support in groups - DPS things that have already been well wounded. Use the smites. Play hard. As a first life there's plenty of XP out there to get you to 20 for the TR. Grind out or buy that true heart of wood and you're golden.

There's also a chance as U14 rolls around and we get a very different system that we'll all get some form of respec token - perhaps even a lesser heart. Note that this is purely speculation and it's not my idea, but it does make sense considering the amount of changes to the system on their way!

Have fun!
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.