Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

I'm a big fan or your site Silas. It puts Myddo to shame. I wish Turbine would hire more people as insightful, talented and innovative as you.

I recommend your site every opportunity I get and it's been a big help to me.
    Last edited by Ranncore; 08-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas_O'Reilly View Post
    Maybe someday Turbine will get a dedicated webmaster to keep the various sites fully functional; rather than relying on Wordpress/vBulletin updates alone. (Yes, MyDDO is a Wordpress site underneath with several custom modules, for those of you who didn't know...)
    If only.

Most of the problems with MyDDO isn't wordpress, though. It's the data published from the game to the XML that MyDDO (and the rest of us) use. When the Druid class shows as class="" in the feed, it's broken. MyDDO will break, 3rd party aps that use the developer API/feeds will break. Or character/guild renames that essentially break the feeds completely (take a look at my guild on MyDDO or on your site). Look at how many character copies to Lamannia don't work, because it relies on (a lot of) the same information.

They need to fix the way the game exports data, first, before anything else can get fixed. Unfortunately.

EDIT: Granted, the feeds aren't completely broken...epic characters still get updated...so in this case, yes, it's completely MyDDO that's borked by not showing epic characters.

EDIT Again: I also think it's ******** that I have to str_replace [v] for Elves and Atificers on my site just to get it to work properly...just sayin'.
    Last edited by techwench; 08-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    "You're still my favorite Isilmerel." ~Tarrant

Just wanted to drop a line quick. I recently have found a new bug in the character sheet that shows purist builds as druid. I just want to assure the community that I am hot on the trail of a fix. It should be fixed no later than tomorrow.

I don't know who you are...or why you are doing this, but I like it!

I've started using your stuff. I really hope you can leverage this into a paying gig with Turbine down the road.

Regardless, thanks for your time and efforts.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

UPDATE: v. 1.3.3 -> I have the Druid/Epic bug all smoothed out. All characters are showing their proper character classes at all levels now and Epic levels are showing up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    I don't know who you are...or why you are doing this, but I like it!

I've started using your stuff. I really hope you can leverage this into a paying gig with Turbine down the road.

Regardless, thanks for your time and efforts.
    Thanks, teh_meh. I'm glad you are enjoying using YourDDO. I have a lot more great things in the works right now that will be going live once bug-testing is complete. But for those of you who would like to know what is currently in development over here at YourDDO, here's an abridged listing:

• Fully updated Greensteel planner interface (still in design phase)
    • The Ultimate Monster Manual Reference (working on data entry)
    • Cannith Crafting Planner & Reference Guide (still in early stages of development)
    • Collectable Statistics (planned)
    • Guild Renown Statistics and Trends (currently being bug-tested and UI design)
    • Currently consulting with a friend of mine that is an app developer for Android about porting portions of YourDDO over to a standalone app
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 08-30-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Officially launched the YourDDO Monster manual today. Stop by and check it out. Please note, that data entry is almost complete, so there may be a few missing entries. Currently sitting at about 2,200 unique enemies in the game (yes, ALL enemies are being entered with anticipation of future volumes being released)

Happy Hunting!

Found a new bug, well, not really a bug...

Apparently Turbine did some kind of update to their API to adjust for Epic levels and Druids and didn't finish the update. So as a result Druid classes aren't showing up correctly and Epic levels are spotty at best.

I'll start working on a fix after work today, but I'm afraid that once I'll get a fix done, Turbine will finish what they started. Or at least make an attempt to do so.

Hang on, everyone... This bug might be a bumpy ride...

EDIT: This is fixed for the moment, but I expect it to break some more while Turbine does whatever they are doing with the API.
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 09-06-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I'm going to be out of the loop for about a month. I'm moving from the states over to Germany, so it's going to be roughly a month or so until I am back working on YourDDO full-time.

In the meantime, if you have any issues with the site, just use the email listed on the Home page. i have that account piped directly to my phone and i check it daily. I will be working on some new stuffs while I'm away as well (gotta love XAMPP), so hopefully, I have some fresh features to deploy when I get all settled in.

See you all on the other side,

~~Ague

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    this guy should be working for ddo...
    No, he should be an independent contractor working for Turbine - if he reported to their leadership team directly myddo would turn out like... well, myddo.

I find it ironic he can display my character's data whereas myddo says the info is unavailable - wut?

I love you! +1
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

<snip>
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 10-21-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Created new thread with this info

Red face

This may be far fetched but what about something to show named items that you can look up by race...And under that race show named items that would be good for that race and each level and where to find them. Is this possible? Or is there something already showing this type of thing... The ddowiki shows a lot of epic named items but what about those characters as they hit each level?
    Last edited by skline81; 11-30-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    ~Guild Recruiter~
    Iszebella-->Rogue Aieri-->Sorcerer Raveyn-->Druid Izziee-->Monk Sarrrah-->Favored Soul Gliwen-->Pale Master Brisza-->Artificer
    of The Dungeon Crawlers in Ghallanda

Just a heads up: The new skin for the yourDDO character lookup no longer fits in the ingame browser.

Still functional, but looks poor as it gets cuttoff. Think it's mainly due to the centering, culling the center tags may fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Just a heads up: The new skin for the yourDDO character lookup no longer fits in the ingame browser.

Still functional, but looks poor as it gets cuttoff. Think it's mainly due to the centering, culling the center tags may fix it.
    I know... I've been working on a separate version just for the in-game browser... See my next post...

Just released on live is YourDDO that is fully customized for the in-game browser! When in game, just click on the "YourDDO Lite" button in the top-left corner and you'll get a super light weight version (basically the old layout).

I'm still going to be making a few visual tweaks here and there making sure that the site fully fits in the in-game browser with no extra stuffs like layout images. The heart of the Lite site is the information with as little fluff, shiny, and other "not-really-needed-to-use-the-site" stuff as possible.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Here's some steps on how to add YourDDO to your MyDDO set of links so it can be used in-game:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 12-01-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added images showing steps to add to MyDDO

+1, and thank you for taking the time to explain that

Out of rep for the day, will hit you though first thing!
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

NEWSFLASH!

There has been a new bug reported to me by sdrocky. There are some guilds that are not having their renown updating as it should on the statistics. I'm looking into the issue and will post more info about what's up with the issue when I know more about it.

EDIT: This has been fixed. Gotta love when thinks stop working for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 12-20-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Default Y-2k12/13!!!!!!

YourDDO will be coming offline for a short period of time (less than an hour) for a couple internal upgrades. It really has nothing to do with y2k anything... Just kinda fit considering it's New Years Eve and all...

I'll edit this post when everything is back up and running again.

UPDATE: Upgrades are done... Just doing a bit of Q/A to make sure everything went smoothly.

UPDATE: Main site is back up and running! The basic site for in-game browser will remain down for just a little longer.

UPDATE: The basic site has reopened. I apologize for the extra delay on that one.
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 12-31-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Theres no monster manual?

EDIT: Ever mind i've seen you moved it thats all lol
    Last edited by Laprion; 01-01-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Sig to come

Hey DDO'ers. Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up. Things at my work are going to be extremely hectic over the next few weeks, so i won't have much, if any, time to do further development on YourDDO. But have no fear! Once the insanity dies down, I'll be back. I have one additional update that I'm going to publish later this week, though. I put the final polish on it over the weekend. Keep checking YourDDO's social media thingies (the ones in my sig) for the latest and greatest.

Happy adventuring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast