Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Who on Earth would take Precision?? I mean, it'll literally cut your DPS in half...
    No, it cuts your base damage in half. With +25% fortification reduction that means that anyone who's bonus from criticals and sneak attack damage is more than 4x the base damage of their attacks, which is going to be true even for STR based rogues, Precision is a pretty large DPS increase.

But that said.... we are still talking about Sneak in PvP. I mean, even if stealth was functional it still wouldn't give you any sneak attack damage or anything like that except on your first swing. In order for that to work they have to not be targeting you. Seems like a lot of to-do about nothing.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    No, it cuts your base damage in half. With +25% fortification reduction that means that anyone who's bonus from criticals and sneak attack damage is more than 4x the base damage of their attacks, which is going to be true even for STR based rogues, Precision is a pretty large DPS increase.

But that said.... we are still talking about Sneak in PvP. I mean, even if stealth was functional it still wouldn't give you any sneak attack damage or anything like that except on your first swing. In order for that to work they have to not be targeting you. Seems like a lot of to-do about nothing.
    No, it cuts sneak attack in half, too. So it's a useless feat.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I would probably actually enjoy PvP if stealth (and other tricks) worked.

I get no enjoyment from trying to prove how much better my DPS gear is than someone else's; but I would really enjoy outsmarting someone else.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    The fun part is that even with this Rogues would still be one of the weakest class in PVP.
    High str melees can still trip + kill quickly, rangers can still many-shot/imbue death, monks get either kukan-do/tomb of jade or touch of death. Don't even get me started on the blue bars.
    I wouldn't care about WINNING, just goofing around with super stealth.

Ambush, backstab, backstab, dead! Oh, that was another game
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Assassinate is negated by deathblock/ward,
    I don't normally post but this is so wrong I just had too.

Sneaky community member MalarKan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdgiest2314 View Post
    and at the same time sure it would be able to block but what else does a assassin build have he does 3 things sneak and assassinate disarm traps and dps BUT ONLY IF SNEAK ATTACKING IT IS EFFECTIVE and you cant diplo a player and if your going toe toe sneak attacks are pretty much out so with current pvp workings assassin build rogues HAVE NOTHING but meehh dps if they get luck im just saying gotta give us something

hehe... "meh dps"? My human rogue is very respected in pvp, and sometimes respect in a brawling area is earned by deliberate use of brute force :P And for well geared rogues, fortification is not a big issue.. been able to dispatch players in a few seconds thanks to bluff or improved deception items, fortification reduce items (like a blasting chime + wrack cosntruct + destruct on a warforged enemy)... And now that it is a lvl 25 rogue dreadnought been able to defeat players in a couple strikes.

Just saying that fortification is no longer an issue post u14... but yeah, in pvp is where an Acrobat can defeat an assasin easily
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling View Post
    Wait, do you mean that stealth/sneaking actually worked in PvP in DDO way back when DDO was new, except that it was over-powered?
    Stealth never worked in pvp in ddo and when ddo was new there was no pvp

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    It's very easy to get to 125% fort, and most melee have it already, while most Wizards are around 200% fort and Divines use Death Block.

But as it has already been said, Sneaking in every PvP game I have played is either OPed or Junk. In DDO, it's Junk. Life goes on.
    Heck its easy now for a wf to get 135% or more

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I would probably actually enjoy PvP if stealth (and other tricks) worked.

I get no enjoyment from trying to prove how much better my DPS gear is than someone else's; but I would really enjoy outsmarting someone else.
    I doubt I would enjoy it more but if there was something in PvP worth fixing stealth would be on the list. I'd like to see more uses for stealth in PvE too. It seems rather underused overall.

Community Member

Default Risk Raines vs Hapsai

My rogue (risk raines) had 550 hps and 60 ac and slapped a fighter (hapsai) 100 ac and 1000 hps, right in his mouth last night in PVP no sneaking needed. Rogues definitely arent weak in pvp. I didnt instakill either. I used good tactics and my terrain to win. Also the cockiness of my foe was his downfall

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    Referring to other games.

It's either utter garbage (e.g. Assassins at AoC launch) or OP (e.g. early Stalkers in CoV).

Pretty much nobody likes being jumped from stealth, unless it's a "fair fight" even when the jumped player is caught with his pants around his ankles and needs a minute to wipe his cheetos stained fingers.
    Hence they would have to develop a spot skill, as, in my view, it would work just as if the hostile PC was a 'monster".
    Blazin the Dark, Aspiring Mechanic and PvP Target

Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    So lets say they heed the demand.
    Im for it. Lets say they fix the Rogues sneak in pvp...
    You enter the arena...
    A Ranger with High Spot riddles you to shredz from across the room.
    Then, we're right back here reading more pvp complaints about nerfing Rangers...
    ...and so it will go on and on and on and on.
    Bottomline: PVP is a niche thing that is nice to have, Its good to get a feel of how well your toon can do against others, but in the end, someone will ALWAYS have your flavor of Kryptonite in thier pocket.
    With sneak and even Inviz being damaged as they are, they can only give us so much.

-Tarelyn -Achillesia, Thelanis
    If they ranger has such a high spot that he sees me, then I need to develop a higher hide/move silently skill.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Why is this even a topic? Any player worth his salt would have a heavy fortification item, negating sneak attack damage.
    As there is now the ability/gear to reduce the percentage of fort that your target has, it is a viable thought.

The Hatchery

Stealth would be fun as balls in PvP. I'm in the brawl pit like .001% of my play time but I'd go a lot more often if I could troll with stealth. Because of Tavern regen I could keep Sneak of Shadows up indefinitely, so +100 stealth the entire time is pretty easy.

Just swing at people every so often then go back in stealth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12