Default so i took a feat. then got it for free later. and...

fred wouldnt let me trade it out... is this known? and or does anyone know how to be able to trade out the feat?. i can totley see how this got messed up but i would hate to loose out on a feat
    \
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Since Fred can't fix it you could use a heart to redo your feat selection.

Anything that *doesn't* require wasting money in the Store?

You may be better off re-rolling if you're still low level.

You can check www.ddowiki.com for Class info to make sure you know what to avoid taking in future. :-)
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

good advice given by those above. but i might add this, plan your character all the way to level 20 and follow it. i did some "window shopping" for feats when i first started and gimped several myself times. not the end of the world but not always easy or cheap to fix
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

i was gona type something here but best not
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Community Member

D
    Quote Originally Posted by toaf View Post
    fred wouldnt let me trade it out... is this known? and or does anyone know how to be able to trade out the feat?. i can totley see how this got messed up but i would hate to loose out on a feat
    \
    Forgive me if this is obvious, but someone should be asking, just to be thoroigh, are you sure you had enough gold and the right kind of dragonshards? Also, have you exchanged a feat very recently?

Which feat, and what class/level are you? Did you end up with two copies of the feat? What happens when you try to exchange it, and what are you trying to exchange it for?

I just think that before others recommend such things as some form of reincarnation, that someone should have asked this, not just in case we overlooked something obvious, but it might help us all avoid a problem ourselves. I have no idea what happens if you take a class-granted feat ahead of the time it's granted later, and I admit I'm curious.

Community Member twiliteslayer02's Avatar

/reroll

this happened to me about three years ago, before i learned to research the toons i made.

redo the toon before you get too much invested, and dont make the same mistake twice.

and no, I'm not picking on you, I'm being serious, as much as it sux, you will either go without a feat(not good) or have to reroll to fix it.

EDIT: maybenot /reroll, u may be able to deal twith this with a lesser reincarnate, in fact I know u can. just use the lesser and respec the toon , but htis time DO YOUR RESEARCH to at least see what the class/race get free.
    Rageforged

Quote Originally Posted by twiliteslayer02 View Post

EDIT: maybenot /reroll, u may be able to deal twith this with a lesser reincarnate, in fact I know u can. just use the lesser and respec the toon , but htis time DO YOUR RESEARCH to at least see what the class/race get free.

That. ^

The issue is known, and you are far from the only one to have oopsed like that. If you're invested in the char time/loot-wise, LR it. If not, then a reroll is your fix.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

\
    Details details.

Class? Race? The feat you're talking about ?
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

ok sence people seem to have calmed down. i took rapid shot as a cleric so i could take manyshots later. well the last lv gave it to me for free, but i was not able to change it out. so ya lession learned is. to change out feats before you get them for free. it was not even on Fred's list, my guess is as soon as i got it as ranger lv 2 it must have taken it off the "Fredable <---i like that word" feat list. sad panda but not the end of the world, now i remember why i roll a unTRed toon befor i TR into something. sure seems odd i havent read anything in forums abou it

ok Details details.Class? Race? The feat you're talking about

race elf, class i took rapid shot as a cleric, then when i took the 2nd lv or ranger.. then rapid shot was not on lmy "Fredable" list. cleric 15 ranger 2
    Last edited by toaf; 05-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.

This is working as intended. There is nothing to fix.

Fred will not let you swap out a granted feat. Just because you took that feat before it was granted to you means nothing.

Here are your solutions
    1) Reroll
    2) Lesser reincarnate
    3) Greater reincarnate
    4) True reincarnate

LR and GR hearts can be found in chests and sometimes bought in the auction house.

It is possible that the feat you took was a prereq for another you took later (possibly enhancements/prestige as well, tho i dont know if it checks against them).

Try resetting enhancements first, and chk that you havent taken a feat relying on the first

Ie you cant re-train out dodge if you have mobility, you need to train out mobility, then dodge etc

in retrosect to save time just eat a lesser and build it right on the second try.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

ok sence people seem to have calmed down.
    Lolwut? After reading all the posts in this thread, I came to the conclusion that you mis-spelled "I".

Another question, did you take Ranger at level 1 to max out your skill points?
    Last edited by Antheal; 05-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    It is possible that the feat you took was a prereq for another you took later (possibly enhancements/prestige as well, tho i dont know if it checks against them).

Try resetting enhancements first, and chk that you havent taken a feat relying on the first

Ie you cant re-train out dodge if you have mobility, you need to train out mobility, then dodge etc

in retrosect to save time just eat a lesser and build it right on the second try.
    Yep, this is what I was thinking too, sometimes a feat becomes a pre-req for another feat (dodge allows mobility as above) and by taking the level that gives the mobility knowing you had to have the dodge (free from a previous lvl as well as the mistakenly taken one) it removes it from the "Fred-able" list.

So for the sake of confirmation: I wouldn't go with re-roll at lvl 17, personally a basic lesser heart would be best (or a greater to bump you up to a 32 point build if you aren't already) and go carefully though your new leveling to avoid the same mistake.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

ahh i will try to get rid of manyshot. and see if that frees up rapid fire, thanks for the hint. ill let you know. but it will take 3 days

16. 05-07-2012, 12:26 AM

Reason
    Rude comment

17. 05-07-2012, 12:48 AM

Reason
    Rude comment

so it was just the fact that manyshots was stopping me from getting rid of it. just wanted to make sure people know, so they wont have to reply with the "reroll,you cant feat shop, and all the other silly answers people where saying when they really had no idea.
    to the people that where trying to help.. thanks. means allot that some people on the forums arent just trying to start a forum fight.