Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Druid Spells

This is just going over some of the known new spells that druids will be getting (as opposed to the spells already in DDO that we know are on the druid spell list. Many of these details were caught in mouseovers on some of the PAX videos. I've included notes on availability to other classes based on PnP.

Level 1:

Faerie Fire (curse video shows blue, green, or purple choices)

Purple Faerie Fire
    Spell Point Cost: 15
    Target: Foe, Directional, Breakable
    Save: 17 (Reflex)
    Duration: 30 seconds
    Spell Point Cost: 15 (Base: 5)
    School: Evocation
    Components: Somatic, Verbal
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Arcs a flare of faerie fire through the air, bursting outward to affect all enemies near it. Targets are dazzled and take a -1 penalty to attack, spot, and search. Targets that fail a reflex save are illuminated by faerie fire, dispelling stealth, invisibility, blur, and displacement, for 30 seconds, and giving a -40 penalty to hide. Sightless enemies are immune to the dazzle effect.

Magic Stone (Cleric 1)
    Spell Point Cost: 60
    Spell Point Cost: 60 (Base: 10)
    School: Conjuration
    Spell Resistance: No
    Flings magic stones at the target, dealing 4 to 5 bludgeoning damage. For every two caster levels beyond first level you gain an additional stone, up to a maximum of five stones.

D&D Dice: Deals 1d2+3 bludgeoning damage per stone (max 5 stones).

Produce Flame
    Spell Point Cost: 56
    Spell Point Cost: 56 (Base: 6)
    Flames as bright as a torch appear in your open hand and launch towards your foes. They deal 1d2+2 fire damage per caster level, up to 15d2+30 at caster level 15.

Level 2:

Body of the Sun (also Sorc/Wiz 2)

Flame Blade (no DDO details yet, seems like it augments a weapon rather than creating one though)

Level 3:

Call Lightning

Quench
    Target: Friend, Self, Foe, Positional, Breakable.
    Save: 20 (fortitude)
    Duration: 1 minute
    Spell Point Cost: 60 (Base:10)
    School: Transmutation

A burst of water quenches flames. Lingering fire spells, such 'Wall of Fire', are dispelled. Your allies are cured of any lingering fire damage effects, and receive a +20 enhancement bonus to fire resistance.
    Your enemies receive a -20 penalty to cold and electricty resistance. The resistance bonus and penalties increase to 35 at caster level 8, and 50 at caster level 12. They last one minute.

Fiery enemies, such as fire elementals, take 27to 33 cold damage per 4 caster levels, to a maximum of 108 to 132. A successful fortitude save halves the damage, and negates the resistance penalties.

D&D Dice: Deals 2d4 + 25 cold damage per 4 caster levels.

Level 4:

Level 5:

Call Lightning Storm
    Duration: 24 seconds plus 3 seconds per caster level
    Creates a stormcloud in a large radius that persists for 24 seconds plus 3 seconds per caster level, and every few seconds randomly strikes nearby enemies with bolts of lightning from the sky for 5d6 electrical damage, or 5d10 electrical damage outdoors. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half.

Ice Flowers (cleric 6)
    Spell Point Cost: 10
    Target: Foe, Positional, Breakable
    Save: 23 (Reflex)
    Duration: 8 seconds
    School: Transmutation
    Lances of ice burst from the ground where you point, dealing 1d3 piercing damage and 1d3 cold damage per caster level, to a maximum of 15d3 cold and 15d3 piercing.

Mantle of the Icy Soul (also cleric 6)

Level 6:

Level 7:

Word of Balance
    Target: Foe
    Duration: 5 seconds
    Spell Point Cost: 60 (Base: 10)
    Components: Verbal
    You utter elder words of balance, judging those who stray to far from the path of neutrality. Targets with an alignment one step away from True Neutral, such as Chaotic Neutral, take 7 to 12 bane damage for every two caster levels. Targets that are two steps away, just as Chaotic Evil, take 9 to 19 damage for every two caster levels, and are stunned for 5 seconds. True Neutral targets are immune to the effects of this spell.

D&D Dice: Deals 1d8+6 bane damage per 2 caster levels to creatures one step away from True Neutral. Deals 1d10+8 bane damage per 2 caster levels to creatures two steps away from True Neutral. ***The max damage rolls don't seem to match up the between the two notations.***

Level 8:

Earthquake (Also a cleric 8 spell)
    Spell Point Cost: 20
    Spell Point Cost: 20 (Base: 10)
    Summons an earthquake beneath your enemies' feet. Enemies within the area of effect have an additional 30% spell failure chance, and every three seconds they are knocked down and take 2 to 16 plus caster level damage. A successful reflex save vs the damage halves the damage, and a reflex save vs the knockdown negates it. The earthquake lasts for 30 seconds, flying creatures are immune.

D&D Dice: Deals 2d8 plus 1 caster level bludgeoning damage.

Level 9:

Regenerate (also cleric 7)
    Target: Friend, Self, Undead Foe
    Save: 25 (Will)
    A positive energy conjuration that heals hitpoints, ability point damage, and level drain, and cures bleed effects. The enchantment lasts 30 seconds. Every 3 seconds the target is healed 6 plus caster level hitpoints and 2 ability point damage. Every 10 seconds the target is cured of bleed effects and 1 drained level.

Storm of Vengeance (also cleric 9)
    Components: Material, Somatic, Verbal
    Material Component(s): *I couldn't make out what it said here*
    Conjures a storm with a massive thunderclap, deafening enemies, dousing them in acid rain, and lancing them with lightning bolts. Enemies within the cloud when it is first conjured are deafened for 3 seconds per caster level. Enemies within the storm take 4d6 acid damage every two seconds. Every 4 seconds, a random enemy in the storm takes 5d10 electricity damage. The storm lasts 3 seconds per caster level.

Unknown (possibly not actual spell):

Snowslide (seen used in human form and winter wolf)
    Duration: 50 seconds
    Components: Somatic
    You leap forward with the speed and ferocity of a sudden avalanche. You attack enemies in your path, and targets caught in your wake are frozen solid for 20 seconds. A successful reflex save negates the effect, and creatures caught in the ice can attempt fortitude saves to escape every 3 seconds. Creatures frozen are considered helpless, but they also gain DR/adamantine 5.

Freezing Spray
    Target: Foe
    Components: Somatic
    Douses an opponent in freezing spray, giving the target 50% cold vulnerability.

(used in humanoid form, probably used in water elemental form)
    Last edited by Diyon; 04-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

I really, really hope that the spells that are supposed to be cleric too actually make it to the cleric's spell list.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

TY for this sir, would +1 you if I could. Hope to hear sometime which other classes will share some Druid spells (fingers crossed for Ranger spells to be more viable).
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=353854 A slightly different kind of Ranger. Also, my current main.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodheals View Post
    That's like comparing Apples to Hand Grenades, of course the FvS wins Paladins suck.

Quote Originally Posted by theb View Post
    In my experience, you don't have to go looking for challenges with pick up groups, they find you.

Cracked open my spell compendium to check some of those:

Mantle of the icy soul:
    Gain cold subtype, immunity to cold, vulnerability to fire.

If that makes it in, like that, ToD pt 2 will be much easier to do: divines just stand there and tank the shadows.

Body of the sun:

aura of fire damage surounding the caster 1d4/2CL mx cl 5
    shiny for lowby casters, especially fire savants.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Level 9:

A positive energy conjuration that heals hitpoints, ability point damage, and level drain, and cures bleed effects. The enchantment lasts 30 seconds. Every 3 seconds the target is healed 6 plus caster level hitpoints and 2 ability point damage. Every 10 seconds the target is cured of bleed effects and 1 drained level.
    **** everything else, I want this spell and I want it NOW!

Community Member butcheredspirit's Avatar

Storm of Vengeance (also cleric 9)
    Components: Material, Somatic, Verbal
    Material Component(s): *I couldn't make out what it said here*
    Conjures a storm with a massive thunderclap, deafening enemies, dousing them in acid rain, and lancing them with lightning bolts. Enemies within the cloud when it is first conjured are deafened for 3 seconds per caster level. Enemies within the storm take 4d6 acid damage every two seconds. Every 4 seconds, a random enemy in the storm takes 5d10 electricity damage. The storm lasts 3 seconds per caster level.
    Horay!
    I'm pleased to see this is finally coming to us.
    Although I'm a little disappointed there are no hail stones...
    It would have been nice if this also fit into the physical damage category.

I'll just have to make sure the first tier of alchemical crafting boosts electrical.

Thanks for the peak at some new spells.

Level 1:

Produce Flame
    Spell Point Cost: 56
    Spell Point Cost: 56 (Base: 6)
    Flames as bright as a torch appear in your open hand and launch towards your foes. They deal 1d2+2 fire damage per caster level, up to 15d2+30 at caster level 15.
    56 spell points to cast a level 1 spell that deals 4 damage at best? Where the hell did you get this from, because that cannot be real.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    56 spell points to cast a level 1 spell that deals 4 damage at best? Where the hell did you get this from, because that cannot be real.
    It costs 6 sp. The other 50 sp is metamagics.

It does 1d2+2 per caster level. The same damage as acid spray/burning hands, but single target, no save, a ray spell, and a higher level cap.
    Last edited by apep1412; 04-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    15d2+30 at caster level 15; so 45-60 @ 15 for 6sp. Not horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    15d2+30 at caster level 15; so 45-60 @ 15 for 6sp. Not horrible.
    Indeed. If that spell is spammable, then it won't need metamagics, just mana efficient spam that.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

I really hope this ends up also curing Crippled status...

Community Member

Indeed. If that spell is spammable, then it won't need metamagics, just mana efficient spam that.
    As an aside, I would think most of that 50sp for metamagic is for heighten, so I would think there would be a DC involved.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

As an aside, I would think most of that 50sp for metamagic is for heighten, so I would think there would be a DC involved.
    True, but with gear and enhancements I imagine it would still be pretty okay at half damage. Also, I'm not so sure there is a save, the video didn't show one, and there isn't one in PnP as it is a ranged touch attack (like scorching ray is in PnP).

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Is it wrong that my 1st thought was "Nice, Clerics get some Druid spells but NOT Fvs"?

I guess the "who is a better healer" might be won be Regenerate alone.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Community Member

True, but with gear and enhancements I imagine it would still be pretty okay at half damage. Also, I'm not so sure there is a save, the video didn't show one, and there isn't one in PnP as it is a ranged touch attack (like scorching ray is in PnP).
    If no DC then I would have to wonder about the high SP add from metamagic, but it could be some sort of glitch or it could be a special demo/admin metamagic.

If no DC then I would have to wonder about the high SP add from metamagic, but it could be some sort of glitch or it could be a special demo/admin metamagic.
    Empower, maximize, quicken. That adds 50 SP. I doubt the druids will get metamagic enhancements and from what I could tell, Fernando was using a pretty undergeared druid. I could also go look for the symbols on his action bars but I think that those three are likely.

so... am i somehow the only one who saw quench and was like "wow, that's a crazy powerful spell in many situations"?

+50 (probably stacking) cold resist to a party? -50 to enemy electric and cold resistance? sounds pretty danged nice to me. (even if it turns out to be a persistent AOE, which it looks like might be the case, that's still pretty awesome imo).

Community Member

Empower, maximize, quicken. That adds 50 SP. I doubt the druids will get metamagic enhancements and from what I could tell, Fernando was using a pretty undergeared druid. I could also go look for the symbols on his action bars but I think that those three are likely.
    Hm, I don't run around with all three of those on so it just seemed high to me.

I still think those things should multiply the base by a certain amount rather than add to it, this example really emphasizes that once again. Going from 6 to 56 for those three doesn't seem worth it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    so... am i somehow the only one who saw quench and was like "wow, that's a crazy powerful spell in many situations"?

+50 (probably stacking) cold resist to a party? -50 to enemy electric and cold resistance? sounds pretty danged nice to me. (even if it turns out to be a persistent AOE, which it looks like might be the case, that's still pretty awesome imo).
    One minute set duration tho

One minute set duration tho
    it's still +50 resist cold. so you have to spam it every minute, big deal... paladins have to spam various spells every couple of minutes, and a savant's awaken weakness or an arti's lightning motes last an even shorter amount of time (15 seconds for arti, i think 30 seconds for savant?). that doesn't make those spells or abilities bad, it just means you need to keep an eye on them. just think of the potential for throwing on harry (and the melee group) for those elite shrouds. add some damage to every tick of niac's, allowing cold burst (ie risia weapons) to work on harry on at least normal (and i think hard, though i've heard he's got 70 or 80 or something like that on elite), and -50 damage to the group per fireball (and up to -200 from meteor swarm). that is well worth spending an action once per minute.

same applies for various other raid bosses which have some resistance to either cold or electric, and which deal noticeable fire damage. why would you *not* spam this at every opportunity?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast