Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... Turbine

Community Member

Default So... Turbine

When are you.... uhmmm *Cough* gonna you know.... *Cough*

GIVE CHARACTER TRANSFERS OUT OF THIS DEAD SERVER?

That is all...

And don't try to argue it isn't dead, cause not much more people are joining the server and some level 20s are coming to their senses and leaving back to their home servers (Me!). I find little to no point for Wayfinder, other than a good place for perma-death guilds to go, but even so this is still a really bad idea that no one should listen to... thanks for your time.

I've thought about it.

Was on Orien the other day. It was like walking down a city street compared to a country town.

Problem is that I've put a lot of effort in here and have some good toons.

It's a hard choice. I've seen it go very quite lately.

Community Member

After spending 1,5+ years in Thelanis, I've had my first 2 TR in Wayfinder, My first epic items (non event/challenge), my first 20 completions of shroud and demon queen. All thanks to other awesome people on this server/guild.

The epic game certainly took a dive because of the scroll bug, and cause people TR more often now.

Is the server dead? Not from my perspective.
    Will it take more time than a few months to get the end game steadily populated? Yes.
    It's people attitudes and expectations that count.

What do you want from this server?

Quote Originally Posted by sumptingwong View Post
    When are you.... uhmmm *Cough* gonna you know.... *Cough*

GIVE CHARACTER TRANSFERS OUT OF THIS DEAD SERVER?

That is all...

And don't try to argue it isn't dead, cause not much more people are joining the server and some level 20s are coming to their senses and leaving back to their home servers (Me!). I find little to no point for Wayfinder, other than a good place for perma-death guilds to go, but even so this is still a really bad idea that no one should listen to... thanks for your time.
    Well, at least we know your opinion on Wayfinder!
    You dislike it because it is not populated enough for you.

Some people may actually find this to be a plus!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Well; what time zone is the thread starter in ?
    15 shroud completions since January with the strongest guild of the world

I found out too late that they offered German speaking players free transfers to Wayfinder last year. If I had known I would have quickly learned German then transferred some characters over.

I think they could bring the population up by offering the transfers again but this time to anyone with a character over level 12 (or TR'd). I play on several different servers, so if I could bring some of them together on one server, I would.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skar View Post
    Well; what time zone is the thread starter in ?
    15 shroud completions since January with the strongest guild of the world
    The strongest Guild ?

I didnt know you are in Blut
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

Hmm. I've had some good times on here with people I've never played with before and wouldn't of met on my old server. I've had totally boring nights where I've soloed with my wiz/sneak/ftr mix. I've seen the server busy and quite.
    We could all pug more maybe, this would help to keep new players on here. I'm thinking of getting a toon going on snowy korthos and on a weekly basis offering elite snowy runs. May also help. I think I'd rather put my effort into getting more people on this server than trying to get off it.
    I have sent a pm to cordovan requesting some sort of assistance from turbine in attracting and keeping people on this server.

At this point in time I'm staying and I reckon I'll give it at least 6 more months.

Also. I like a challenge.

Fin (all the fins)

Hunters of Wayfinder.

Community Member

I've been doing that lately for the past few days
    That is; opening an LFM just for pugs, even if it were easier to just solo the quest :P.

Can you imagine a lvl 7, and a lvl 5 newbie in elite Taming the Flames? ^^

Oh, that was so fun! And we did complete!

Nice

I'd like to roll up a character on Wayfinder and get a whole load of TP for Favour thresholds, but I don't speak German...

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    I'd like to roll up a character on Wayfinder and get a whole load of TP for Favour thresholds, but I don't speak German...
    I have played on wayfinder and you dont need German although the lfm is pretty skimpy

Beware the Sleepeater

Calling Wayfinder a German server was a ploy to hook in the Gamescom convention crowd.
    It was also a ploy that has backfired spectacularly.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

I just rolled up a character on there to see. The time is: 4:55am (Eastern USA time).

I checked the WHO list. There was approximately 100 people on. I've never seen the slider in the window so big.

I say put the hamsters to better use.
    Last edited by whitehawk74; 04-16-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Community Member

Yea they should just merge Wayfinder with another server.

Feels like the population is falling even more in the past weeks.
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Calling Wayfinder a German server was a ploy to hook in the Gamescom convention crowd.
    It was also a ploy that has backfired spectacularly.
    The whole server is a ploy that has backfired spectacularly lol
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Weirdly / Annoyed of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

People may like the popularity being small, I think Turbine should offer free character transfers (or even character transfers, cause I have tried in the past and they always reject my request) for those that want to leave this server.

I don't honestly see much of a point to play ddo if you are only playing with a small amount of people, this game is designed to play with others, and I know people like to have a small group they run in, but it is also nice to run shrouds and other easy raids as soon as you get off timer instead of waiting every weekend.
    Wayfinder
    Ghallanda

--------------------------
    Coldest and Gunga
    Scrollfarmer
    --------------------------
    Level 25/Female/Warforged/Wizard
    Level 22/Male/Dwarf/Favored Soul
    Level 10/8/Male/Warforged/Sorcerer + Barbarian/6th past life

No reason to have a merge, just make it a non specific language preferred server. It will fill eventually.

Complaints may arise from this though, because all new headcount would be fresh off the boat newbies, where a merge would put the populace in with another server full of players with mixed levels of experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

What they need is one of 2 solutions in my opinion.

1.) Keep separate severs open but make a portal in which a character can walk into and then choose which server his character will go to. Drawback: is that everyone may migrate to a single server or 2 servers. Which would speak volumes about what people would want. What I don't get is that even on the same server they have different layers in say harbor 1 , 2, 3 already. Whats the point of having separate servers then?

2.) Go the route like Eve have everyone in the same dimension. Use the servers as parallel processors instead. Allow multiple instances in each map such that some one can find an instance if they want thats unpopulated or populated. People who want to join an lfm have much more to choose from or those who like to solo can still do so. <-- In my opinion the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by DustTheWind View Post
    What they need is one of 2 solutions in my opinion.

1.) Keep separate severs open but make a portal in which a character can walk into and then choose which server his character will go to. Drawback: is that everyone may migrate to a single server or 2 servers. Which would speak volumes about what people would want. What I don't get is that even on the same server they have different layers in say harbor 1 , 2, 3 already. Whats the point of having separate servers then?
    "Server" isn't some form of slang. Somewhere, there is a computer server labeled "Argonesson" with all the information pertinent to Argo on it. This means everyone's toons, banks, and boats, along with the auctions and pawn shops related to it. By allowing toons to move between servers, you have just put the load of Argonesson, Khyber, Cannith, Thelanis, Ghallanda, and Sarlona onto every server.

This is, in fact, the reason for servers. Otherwise, no matter how good a server you have, the lag would be brutal.

2.) Go the route like Eve have everyone in the same dimension. Use the servers as parallel processors instead. Allow multiple instances in each map such that some one can find an instance if they want thats unpopulated or populated. People who want to join an lfm have much more to choose from or those who like to solo can still do so. <-- In my opinion the best option.
    Ask Eve Online players how well that works out for them. I've talked to several people who used to play, and the lag was a significant factor in their departure. They also are among the people who don't think DDO's lag is bad at all.
    Honkin • Diaari • Baz • Shankiee • Tranzcend • Diaana • Diaarti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast