Community Member

Default Cannith Question - New To Crafting

Hey all,

Quick and hopefully painless question:

I am working on obtaining Ring of the Stalker. Am I to understand I do some Cannith challenges and will get it on a drop then work on the upgrades? Or do I collect the ingredients then make one to proceed with upgrading?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Mabar event items have to be crafted as a level 4 item and then upgraded to higher level.

Crystal Cove items and Cannith Challenge items can be made starting with any level version. You can make a level 16 or a level 20 item directly and you do not have to upgrade a lower level item to get a higher level item.

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Greetings,

I am not sure what Hungarian was referring to.

You are partially correct, you will 'purchase' the initial item from the Challenge Reward vendor in House C. After you have the base item for the level band you want (4,8,12,16,20), you can then further upgrade it through its available tiers (3 Per Level band) still using House C Challenge Ingredients.

I think where you may be getting confused with cannith crafting is as follows:

All Tier 3 Versions of this item have a Craftable +X ability which you can then further upgrade through Cannith Crafting at the Crafting Halls in House C and House K using Greater Essences and Cannith Crafting Ingrediants.

Hopefully this will have helped a little bit.

-Mr. U.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Community Member

That did help. I appreciate all who replied.

Being gone for almost a year and coming back is a doozy lol.