Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rock Boot: Proc Rate

Lesser Stone Prison Guard
    Found on Rock Boots levels 4 and 8.

Hits - 591
    Procs - 127

127/591 = 21.49% proc rate (most likely 20%)

duration = 2:15
    additional saves every ~25 seconds (mob broke at either 1:50, 1:25, 1:00 or not at all)
    The guard does not activate on ranged attacks.
    Acts as the Flesh to Stone spell so most likely a save every 24 seconds [reference]

Stone Guard Prison Guard

Found of Rock Boots levels 12, 16 and 20.

Hits - 251
    Procs - 131

131/251 = 52.19% proc rate (most likely 50%)

duration = 2:15
    additional saves every ~25 seconds (same as lesser)
    The guard does not activate on ranged attacks.
    Acts as the Flesh to Stone spell so most likely a save every 24 seconds [reference]

Edit: removed a plea for statistical help. Thanks MatinusWyllt .
    Last edited by bhgiant; 04-02-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: more testing done, and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post
    My main hangup is there isn't a value to what I'm measuring. It's just a "yes" or a "no" as to whether the effect activated or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. - yes, I tried to google/wiki before posting here
    You'd need to have a value that you're actually testing; a hypothesis. Without that there is no critical value threshold. You're just looking for a value, so that value is fine for all intents and purposes here. The more total hits to more accurate that % will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    You'd need to have a value that you're actually testing; a hypothesis. Without that there is no critical value threshold. You're just looking for a value, so that value is fine for all intents and purposes here. The more total hits to more accurate that % will be.
    So without an expected value (or hypothesis) to test, I can't measure how close I am to the actual value? *scratches head*
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...

So without an expected value (or hypothesis) to test, I can't measure how close I am to the actual value? *scratches head*
    You're not sampling a population, you're figuring out a probability. The only potential confounding factor is not taking enough data points or errors in counting. It is like rolling a single die, well, more like flipping a weighted coin. You can test future data against your initial data, but your initial result will be your expected value. You can chi square or T-test that, I suppose.

I guess you can SAS it out into crazy land if you want to look for multivariate interactions with class, AC, DR to see if any of those categories/numbers influence the result, but, honestly that would be kinda silly.
    Last edited by MartinusWyllt; 03-31-2012 at 08:37 PM.

updated with additional testing. Thanks for the help MartinusWyllt.

The Stone Prison Guard effects should have a 20% chance to go off and from there, mimics Flesh to Stone (Reoccurring save every 24 seconds).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    The Stone Prison Guard effects should have a 20% chance to go off and from there, mimics Flesh to Stone (Reoccurring save every 24 seconds).
    Oh seriously? I didn't know this was common knowledge already :S. Couldn't find it anywhere. At least I got Mr. Cow to post in my thread .

Oh seriously? I didn't know this was common knowledge already :S. Couldn't find it anywhere. At least I got Mr. Cow to post in my thread .
    it's not exactly common knowledge, Cow just knows everything about ddo lol.
    Soturi

updated with additional testing. Thanks for the help MartinusWyllt.
    Thanks for figuring that out, I wasn't sure if they were necessarily worth swapping with striding, looks like the higher level boots certainly are!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Thanks for figuring that out, I wasn't sure if they were necessarily worth swapping with striding, looks like the higher level boots certainly are!
    They definitely are. The only problem is the DC. It's very low but mobs are still going to roll a 1 5% of the time. So even against a mob with a high fort save, that mob is getting turned to stone once in 40 hits (2.5% of the time). Since a save is only once every ~24 seconds, it's arguably better than Earthgrab.

Is that the percentage by which creatures are being affected....meaning the item procs and the creature fails its save................or is it the percentage by which the effect procs, regardless of save?

What mobs did you test this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    Is that the percentage by which creatures are being affected....meaning the item procs and the creature fails its save................or is it the percentage by which the effect procs, regardless of save?

What mobs did you test this on?
    This is just how often the effect was activated. Whether or not the mob was affected varied.

I can safely tell you Kobolds make nice garden ornaments .

Community Member

They definitely are. The only problem is the DC. It's very low but mobs are still going to roll a 1 5% of the time. So even against a mob with a high fort save, that mob is getting turned to stone once in 40 hits (2.5% of the time). Since a save is only once every ~24 seconds, it's arguably better than Earthgrab.
    This makes me want to make my build. 6 FvS and then whatever else. The premise is 6 FvS for the AoV -2 saves (and others) aura, and then throw a fearsome item/armor in with it. Fearsome armor causes Shaken, -2 to saves on being hit. The two should stack to -4, which would greatly increase the effectiveness of the boots. I love Fearsome, It's like free CC. With these boots, it'll be CC heaven.

Thanks for compiling these statistics. I would just add that these boots have become almost "regulation footwear" in our little 6 man guild, they are just that good. Even on epic mobs. I think I'd even go out on a limb and suggest they are the best boots in game for many classes bar boots of corrosion, and even then it's a close call until the boots of corrosion are giving you the set bonus.

I have also observed on numerous occasions the earthgrab guard and flesh to stone guard proc'ing at the same time on different mobs on numerous occasions, too often to be mere chance.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    Thanks for compiling these statistics. I would just add that these boots have become almost "regulation footwear" in our little 6 man guild, they are just that good. Even on epic mobs. I think I'd even go out on a limb and suggest they are the best boots in game for many classes bar boots of corrosion, and even then it's a close call until the boots of corrosion are giving you the set bonus.

I have also observed on numerous occasions the earthgrab guard and flesh to stone guard proc'ing at the same time on different mobs on numerous occasions, too often to be mere chance.
    Agreed, much better than Epic Boots of Corrosion vs trash unless set bonus is available (and even then it's iffy unless you need the AB to hit on a 2).

Vs bosses of course Corrosion Boots don't do anything, that's when you swap in Madstone, Anchoring or Corrosion
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Have yet to see ring of master artifice (4 or 8) proc. Anybody else?
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

There seems to be some disagreement about my results on the wiki. MrCow, could you shed light on how you came to the 20% figure?

The official description of the Lesser Stone Prison Guard and the Stone Prison Guard aren't exactly the same. The lesser effect states it has a "small" chance to proc and the non-lesser says it has a chance. To me that indicates the chance is increased (as is reflected in the results).

There is some debate about the DC for Lesser vs Stone Prison Guard as well. The description has them as exactly the same. In my subjective testing experience, I noticed no different in how often the mobs were turned to stone. I have no data to back this up but I see no reason to doubt the description. I also have NO idea how to go about testing DCs (MrCow, any help on that front would be appreciated as well).

I will do further testing and update my results. The results will not be for several days though (3 exams this week).

Some additional testing complete. Took the boots into The Miller's Debt and the mechanical dogs were immune to the effect. Also got a SS of the actual effect description on a mob. It's safe to say that it functions as the Flesh to Stone spell much like the Elemental Longbow of Earth's Stone Prison effect.

Here's the description.
    Last edited by bhgiant; 04-02-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Also just confirmed the guard does not proc on ranged attacks (sat there while an archer plinked away at me for some time, ~45 hits).

Not particularly a hard numbers guy when it comes to proc rates but the L16 version of these boots with a master shard added has become my preferred pair of boots while leveling the TR's for all character classes. The proc rate is way up there, one of the most noticable proccing items I've ever used while leveling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast