Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate to tell you...there is a wipe coming after U13p1.
    Sorry, needs of the many and all that.

Ouch.

I usually miss the hand-out events, but actually got a couple 20s this time and the guild @ 100.

Yes, the wipes are a hair of the beast... It still stings a little when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Can I Have Your Stuff?

Yes! Log in and wait for me by the fountain. I'll be along shortly to load ya up! (j/k...)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 03-18-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

reminds me of the guy who threw a fit the LAST time lamma was up, claiming that everyone who was level 20 must have CHEATED to get there!!!!1!11!!. there was a brief explanation of the whole "the devs level you up" concept, whereupon he demanded that a dev log on and level him up. he was told "hit an event like the rest of us did"

meh

Lamma is not a real server. it is a test/preview server. it is frequently down. it is regularly wiped. we are handed all manner of items/cash/xp/TP for FREE... and when transfer is working, you can transfer a copy of your toon from live. please do not get wrapped up in "playing" on lamma. IT WILL GO AWAY.

Quote Originally Posted by 12201 View Post
    ... i get all A's so ya =\
    Hmmm. I would have expected better use of punctuation and grammar. I suppose posting to a forum has the propensity to make one type more lazily. I know I tend to ignore capitalization on forums.

anyways, back to to the issue at hand... i suggest you pick a live server you fancy and focus your attentions there. otherwise you will be sorely disappointed on a regular basis.

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    Wrong here... Yes they gave out Epic Gear. Every new item in the U-13 Pack they gave out as Epic I have 10 toons with every item there is..Gave out Epic Tokens and every thing else..

Sleeps
    Yes, but is every single item in there for a sorcerer? No and I hate to break to all of you who say I can do it on live, I can but thing is in till I get under dark preordered I can't because I don't have packs to level through and I don't have the money to spend on points or vip that is why I only have 1 level 20 on live because my vip ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post

Hmmm. I would have expected better use of punctuation and grammar. I suppose posting to a forum has the propensity to make one type more lazily. I know I tend to ignore capitalization on forums.

anyways, back to to the issue at hand... i suggest you pick a live server you fancy and focus your attentions there. otherwise you will be sorely disappointed on a regular basis.
    Also at 3 in the morning and on a forum, I really don't care for my punctuation and if you guys really can't read what I write then don't read it and move on. Don't argue with me because I was lazy to use punctuation and grammar. Also I have a level 20 on live server but read what I said I don't always have extra money for packs or vip its once in a great while.

Oh and please let me clarify I said I would quit testing lamannia I never said I would quit DDO.
    Last edited by 12201; 03-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Community Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all this covered in the exact post that points you to the download of the Lamm Client?

Quite frankly, if you didnt take the time to read that post before clicking the link to download it thats your own stupid fault.

Your probably the type of person to moan when google chrome replaces internet explorer or when Norton replaces your AVG, just because you installed adobe to read that "phishing" email you recieved on how to play SWTOR without paying....
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by quijenoth View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all this covered in the exact post that points you to the download of the Lamm Client?

Quite frankly, if you didnt take the time to read that post before clicking the link to download it thats your own stupid fault.

Your probably the type of person to moan when google chrome replaces internet explorer or when Norton replaces your AVG, just because you installed adobe to read that "phishing" email you recieved on how to play SWTOR without paying....
    I've been playing lammania on and off the past year so you think I remember whats posted there? No

Default Really dude?

Really rage quit because -you- failed to read?

From the Lamannia site:

NOTE: Due to the fact that Lamannia is a preview server, Turbine cannot guarantee constant content functionality on Lamannia. Permanent character residence is also not guaranteed, as Lamannia may be subject to character wipes as they become necessary.

Seriously guy, if you can't read don't make empty threats, it's just rude. It's rude even more so to the Devs who went out of their way to give us a server to test things on and gave you all the info needed.

Don't blame them for your shortcomings.

People like you make me so angry.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Really rage quit because -you- failed to read?

From the Lamannia site:

NOTE: Due to the fact that Lamannia is a preview server, Turbine cannot guarantee constant content functionality on Lamannia. Permanent character residence is also not guaranteed, as Lamannia may be subject to character wipes as they become necessary.

Seriously guy, if you can't read don't make empty threats, it's just rude. It's rude even more so to the Devs who went out of their way to give us a server to test things on and gave you all the info needed.

Don't blame them for your shortcomings.

People like you make me so angry.
    Ok so for arguing that I don't read you didn't read I've been playing for over a year on and off on lammania I don't care if I remember what I read in the post -_- I'm mad because I'm going to end up having a gimp for underdark something I was looking forward to testing other then that I wouldn't care if my characters where wiped I could start over but no I'm loosing what I prepared for underdark here

Why bother leveling and gearing a toon on Lamma?? It's your own fault you wasted your own time, please go ahead and quit it might bring the general communities IQ up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenthalas View Post
    Why bother leveling and gearing a toon on Lamma?? It's your own fault you wasted your own time, please go ahead and quit it might bring the general communities IQ up.
    Ok so you want a toon with 0 gear and stat boosts for a big expansion to test? That is stupid on it's own so no and no The devs leveled me I didn't waste time doing that. Seriously guys think not everyone has super ultra geared toons on live and I wanted a properly geared sorc for underdark.

Default I call BS

Ok so for arguing that I don't read you didn't read I've been playing for over a year on and off on lammania I don't care if I remember what I read in the post -_- I'm mad because I'm going to end up having a gimp for underdark something I was looking forward to testing other then that I wouldn't care if my characters where wiped I could start over but no I'm loosing what I prepared for underdark here
    I read you loud and clear in fact here's what you wrote:

if you guys wipe the lamania characters i quit because i have worked hard after testing new stuff to prepare gear for future content. if you wipe my characters i expect to receive all my gear ect back because its outrageous me wasting all this time just for u to take it all away. it is aggravating hearing that you guys are wiping the characters after spending all this hard work to obtain epic gear if i dont have proper gear for my sorcerer he is friken useless =\ that is my rant i just dont want u guys wasting my time on this server.
    What I wrote is that the ddo devs said there WOULD be wipes. You didn't read.

I'll put it again so you can read it once more

You were wrong, the least you could do is stop defending your wrongness and apologize to the devs.
    Last edited by Syllph; 03-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council

Yes, but is every single item in there for a sorcerer? No and I hate to break to all of you who say I can do it on live, I can but thing is in till I get under dark preordered I can't because I don't have packs to level through and I don't have the money to spend on points or vip that is why I only have 1 level 20 on live because my vip ran out.
    what?

believe it or not, especially with the addition of the new FREE quests, it is possible to level to 20 without being VIP or owning a bunch of packs. difficult, yes, but possible.

Also at 3 in the morning and on a forum, I really don't care for my punctuation and if you guys really can't read what I write then don't read it and move on. Don't argue with me because I was lazy to use punctuation and grammar.
    i wasn't trying to argue. merely making an observation. i can read what you wrote just fine. trust me, i've seen far far worse

Oh and please let me clarify I said I would quit testing lamannia I never said I would quit DDO.

if you guys wipe the lamania characters i quit because i have worked hard after testing new stuff to prepare gear for future content. if you wipe my characters i expect to receive all my gear ect back because its outrageous me wasting all this time just for u to take it all away. it is aggravating hearing that you guys are wiping the characters after spending all this hard work to obtain epic gear if i dont have proper gear for my sorcerer he is friken useless =\ that is my rant i just dont want u guys wasting my time on this server.
    if you guys wipe the lamania characters i quit
    now see, if you had said "I'll quit testing on lammania" it would have been clear, but without the qualifier it appears to all readers that you intend to quit the game. all of it

but all that aside, they make it VERY CLEAR that lamma is not a regular play server and is closed/wiped frequently. if you consider that to be a waste of your time, then perhaps quitting lamma is a good choice. it will reduce frustration in the long run

and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    I read you loud and clear in fact here's what you wrote:

What I wrote is that the ddo devs said there WOULD be wipes. You didn't read.
    I know there are wipes -_- this on in general seems useless to me. READ WHAT I SAID I've been on here over a year -_- toons before I had on there where wiped but I didn't care I had nothing I wanted or needed to gear to test for understand what I say before continuing a pointless endeavor

I know there are wipes -_- this on in general seems useless to me. READ WHAT I SAID I've been on here over a year -_- toons before I had on there where wiped but I didn't care I had nothing I wanted or needed to gear to test for understand what I say before continuing a pointless endeavor
    Ok.................. so you know there are wipes, they said there would be wipes and yet you write I quit if they wipe?

Honestly, are you just trolling? This doesn't seem to difficult to comprehend.

I'm not tying to be rude but you sound incredibly stupid by stating this.

If you knew there would be wipes, and they said there would be wipes... why are you freaking out about a wipe?

I know there are wipes
    if you guys wipe the lamania characters i quit
    READ WHAT I SAID
    no.... you are trolling. No one is that dense.
    Last edited by Syllph; 03-18-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate to tell you...there is a wipe coming after U13p1.
    Sorry, needs of the many and all that.
    Just because the OP seems to have missed this.

2015 DDO Players Council

READ WHAT I SAID...
    lol. we ARE reading what you said, and you're not making a heck of alot of sense.

the last 2 times lamma was up, character copy didn't work correctly, so 90% of the people running around on lamma right now, alongside you, are undergeared. just as undergeared as you are.

if you knew there's character wipes, pitching a fit about it now, now that you've managed to scrape together a few pieces of gear in between wipes, sorry, but perhaps lamma just isn't for you. the rules don't change just because you said so.

and R.O.G.U.E !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    lol. we ARE reading what you said, and you're not making a heck of alot of sense.

the last 2 times lamma was up, character copy didn't work correctly, so 90% of the people running around on lamma right now, alongside you, are undergeared. just as undergeared as you are.

if you knew there's character wipes, pitching a fit about it now, now that you've managed to scrape together a few pieces of gear in between wipes, sorry, but perhaps lamma just isn't for you. the rules don't change just because you said so.
    no the guy is arguing with me because he claims I don't read also I did see what the dev said it sucks. Also let me clarify for you all update 13 epic gear is not all oriented for sorcs only 3 items I use fro my sorc and I was always told it is impossible to level to 20 without vip or packs. Also please comprehend what I'm saying sense update 13 I have been planning my character on lamania to test the future expansion Underdark it will have wasted alot of my time to have done all this planning for testing underdark the devs level and stuff but they dont give me all proper items i need for a character if the devs did give me gear oriented around my class I'd be fine and dandy with the wipe but it truly is disappointing to find i wasted weeks preparing for the future expansion lamania update =\ (excuse the grammar becoming lazy for now)

Quote Originally Posted by karsion View Post
    Who are the Many that need a wipe?
    These are not the toons you are looking for.

Move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

no the guy is arguing with me because he claims I don't read also I did see what the dev said it sucks. Also let me clarify for you all update 13 epic gear is not all oriented for sorcs only 3 items I use fro my sorc and I was always told it is impossible to level to 20 without vip or packs. Also please comprehend what I'm saying sense update 13 I have been planning my character on lamania to test the future expansion Underdark it will have wasted alot of my time to have done all this planning for testing underdark the devs level and stuff but they dont give me all proper items i need for a character if the devs did give me gear oriented around my class I'd be fine and dandy with the wipe but it truly is disappointing to find i wasted weeks preparing for the future expansion lamania update =\ (excuse the grammar becoming lazy for now)
    Just to get this straight;

taking the time to prep a character that you knew could be wiped isn't a waste of time, but doing it again is?

Ouch

I've been playing lammania on and off the past year so you think I remember whats posted there? No
    Try using this argument in real life when an agreement you entered doesn't go your way, see how far it gets you.

Why are you preparing for Underdark testing on a test server. Isn't the point of the character transfer to allow you to bring over a character you have been working on.

Ok so you want a toon with 0 gear and stat boosts for a big expansion to test? That is stupid on it's own so no and no The devs leveled me I didn't waste time doing that. Seriously guys think not everyone has super ultra geared toons on live and I wanted a properly geared sorc for underdark.
    Why not, there have been many things that have been discovered by people that effected the Level up process. In the Underdark release we have slated a whole new Enhancement mechanic - Wouldn't someone just starting out be as useful to finding hidden gottcha's, probably more so than a Full Level 20.

Now your admitting you know there are wipes, but are mad because they have to happen...

The whole purpose of Lamannia is to preview and test, not amass untold fortunes and uber gear.

Also at 3 in the morning and on a forum, I really don't care for my punctuation and if you guys really can't read what I write then don't read it and move on. Don't argue with me because I was lazy to use punctuation and grammar. Also I have a level 20 on live server but read what I said I don't always have extra money for packs or vip its once in a great while.

Ok, now it comes out. Lamannia allows you to run everything, everyone is VIP, and you currently don't have this access on the Live server. I'm sorry to hear that you are not always able to have the entertainment options you want in life. But when that happens, like the rest of us, find a way to get the most out of what your paying for and appreciate the limitations of what your getting and not paying for.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    Just to get this straight;

taking the time to prep a character that you knew could be wiped isn't a waste of time, but doing it again is?

Ouch
    apparently you like to argue pointlessly and not read I won't prep again i said if the devs gave me the gear i needed for a sorc id be happy with a wipe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast