Default Let's say I wanted to make a TWF focused character

Without spending real money on tomes, but with 32 point build.

Would I be better off going either Fighter with 16 starting dex, or Splashed Tempest?
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    Without spending real money on tomes, but with 32 point build.

Would I be better off going either Fighter with 16 starting dex, or Splashed Tempest?
    Entirely depends on what class you want to play really.

Elf Rogue Assassin? <insert Race> Tempest Ranger?

Elf/Drow with Base 10 Dex gives easy access to 17 Dex for GTWF without the need for a Tome, but tbh getting hold of a single +2 Tome isn't that hard that having a starting 15 Dex on another race is entirely viable.

The Con penalty isn't a massive worry, as long as you invest a decent amount of build points into it and invest in some fairly easy to aquire HP gear (Con+6/GFL/Toughness/Elemental HP).
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

You've been kicking around a while, Zachski - are you still trying to find a TWF build you like? I admire your dedication to the cause of altitis, if nothing else.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Entirely depends on what class you want to play really.

Elf Rogue Assassin? <insert Race> Tempest Ranger?

Elf/Drow with Base 10 Dex gives easy access to 17 Dex for GTWF without the need for a Tome, but tbh getting hold of a single +2 Tome isn't that hard that having a starting 15 Dex on another race is entirely viable.

The Con penalty isn't a massive worry, as long as you invest a decent amount of build points into it and invest in some fairly easy to aquire HP gear (Con+6/GFL/Toughness/Elemental HP).
    Not sure how you figure a Elf/Drow can get the 17 Dex for GTWF with 10 Dex. It has to be 17 Dex WITHOUT enhancements or gear.

Personally I like my Dwarf Tempest wielding DAxes. Can get the TWF feats with only a 13 Dex to start and can self heal and buff.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nysrock View Post
    Not sure how you figure a Elf/Drow can get the 17 Dex for GTWF with 10 Dex. It has to be 17 Dex WITHOUT enhancements or gear.

Personally I like my Dwarf Tempest wielding DAxes. Can get the TWF feats with only a 13 Dex to start and can self heal and buff.
    I think you misunderstand my statement - It's simply that it would only cost you 8 build points to get straight to 17 Dex at character creation with an Elf/Drow - for any other race it would cost 13 build points to start with 17 Dex.

That said, Ranger is an obvious way to get all your TWF feats without requiring the large amount of Dex. A starting 14 Dex for only 6 build points on a Ranger is sufficient to cover your Reflex saves and Missile Weapon To Hit needs with the eventual gear you will accrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.