Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    I also had a question regarding invisibility. Is it really as powerful as it seems in these vids? It looks like invis gives you the ability to run past a ton of monsters and not draw any aggro or dungeon alert. I seem to have bad luck with it. Is there something I'm missing?
    I could write about invis for ages but I'll try to be concise.

• Invis is not the all powerful zerg enabler it appears to be, without a modicum of practice and, then, skill.
    • Mr. Cow is pretty well practiced and therefore skilful. You will be able to do it as well as him but it takes time.
    • Invis gives invis, if they don't have True Seeing, but still triggers Listen checks, which can get you aggro.
    • Some mobs, like Spiders, have tremorsense and will always aggro a non-sneaked runner, invised or not.
    • You can skirt round mobs to lessen the chance of drawing aggro or triggering a Listen check. The bigger the space between you and the mob, the better. Get too close and they will see you clearly, invised or not. There are two radii I see around a mob; 1) auto-fail, 2) trigger listen, then outside of that I know I'm ok. You'll get to learn them and visualise them too.
    • A good Jump skill score helps a lot to navigate crowds.
    • If you do fail Listen checks and get some follow you, resist temptation to engage and stay invised, given enough time and distance the aggro will drop and DAs reduce back down.
    • If you do fail Listen checks and get some follow you, sometimes this can trigger aggro on other mobs. It might be better to take a slight detour. (I'm not quite sure still what the criteria around this is, Cow may know!)
    • When you have to pull levers, try to both pull mobs away with Listen check fails first and also re-invis immediately after you pull. Start your invis clickie/pot/scroll applying about 15-20% before the end of the lever timer bar. You'll still get the pull and you'll be visible for less time.
    • When you open doors, do the above as for levers. Also move off to the side and then use the door, so the mobs the other side don't all see you.
    • Mobs seem to be more forgiving the first time you invis past them. If you're in a group, even duoed, the second time seems much more likely to draw a Listen check fail and aggro.
    • Haste pots are better than Haste clickies, which seem to trigger multiple Listen checks in a radius around you.
    • Some other spells seem to trigger Listen checks, even on clickies, figure them out and either pot them or avoid them.
    • Hesitation is bad. Once you know the quest, run run run and don't look back. If you get red DA and die, swallow it and try again.

There's almost certainly more but I forget some and I want to get in the game this evening. Hope it helps. Some of these may be based in superstition/cognitive bias. If so, I'm sure someone with better game rule knowledge will be along to correct me soon. Regardless, I work to these rules and do ok.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Default Sp

Love this thread. Just TR'd my Wiz into a WF Sorc and loving it so far. This thread has been a great resource so thank you for your effort.

Can you pls outline how you are able to get 1200+ Sp at lvl 6. I noticed on one of your vids that you have about 1220 at level 6. I know you have Sorc and FvS past lives (that accounts for 40) and you're using the stone (which i have too) but i have only 980. I know my CHA is probably a bit lower than yours but not sure if this can account for the differential either. Where am i going wrong here? If you wouldnt mind outlining how you get this amazing amount, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South
    Can you pls outline how you are able to get 1200+ Sp at lvl 6.
    You were looking at the Elite run of this Diary of a True Reincarnate, where I had 2 Sorcerer Past Lives. The SP total would be something similar to this at level 6:

0040 - Past Life: Sorcerer x2
    0020 - Past Life: Favored Soul
    0080 - Magical Training
    0355 - Base Sorcerer SP (6 levels)
    0400 - Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone [Unsuppresed]
    0120 - Medium Guild Augment Slot: Power
    0128 - 26 Charisma (+8 Modifier * (9 + 6 Caster Levels))
    0070 - Energy of the Dragonblooded II
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    You were looking at the Elite run of this Diary of a True Reincarnate, where I had 2 Sorcerer Past Lives. The SP total would be something similar to this at level 6:

0040 - Past Life: Sorcerer x2
    0020 - Past Life: Favored Soul
    0080 - Magical Training
    0355 - Base Sorcerer SP (6 levels)
    0400 - Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone [Unsuppresed]
    0120 - Medium Guild Augment Slot: Power
    0128 - 26 Charisma (+8 Modifier * (9 + 6 Caster Levels))
    0070 - Energy of the Dragonblooded II
    Ahhh, thx. I knew you had at least Sorc and FvS past life but didnt realise you had Sorc x2. The Med Guild gives a good boost too.

Much appreciated - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    [*]Sorcerer 20 - I don't remember this incarnation. It just went so fast.
    you said it went so fast do you remember roughly how fast or just rlly fast lol if not np
    zaf
    “If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.” ― Marcus Brigstocke
    p.s. why p2p when u can just get the pack u need and have it for LIFE?

Default Crafting

Thanks for that perfect guide.

Please answer, is it still possible to craft these:

+3 [Icy Burst, Superior Glaciation IX] Adamantine Quarterstaff (ML 2)
    (Crafted) Superior Erosion IV Kama (ML 1)

And if yes, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanassa View Post
    +3 [Icy Burst, Superior Glaciation IX] Adamantine Quarterstaff (ML 2)
    This is a Risia Winter Games crafted item. Now you can get it Icy Burst or Superior Glaciation, but not both.

(Crafted) Superior Erosion IV Kama (ML 1)
    You can craft this with Cannith Crafting, not so hard to get there or buy the shards at AH.
    Last edited by Binn05; 12-14-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
    Horoth: "ya... well I'm just not feeling it any more, just... just take the chests, common' sulu let's go"

Quote Originally Posted by Binn05 View Post

You can craft this with Cannith Crafting, not so hard to get there or buy the shards at AH.
    Superior? Are you sure? Only thing I see is improved (+15 alchemical) and its also ML 13 if i remember right.

Not Superior anymore. The whole system is changed.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Not Superior anymore. The whole system is changed.
    Superior? Are you sure? Only thing I see is improved (+15 alchemical) and its also ML 13 if i remember right.

Uhm... This is news to me. Need to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
    Horoth: "ya... well I'm just not feeling it any more, just... just take the chests, common' sulu let's go"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567