Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Community Member Killer_Kockroach's Avatar

Default Sorrowdusk Isle Easter Egg

So I didn't see this posted but i only read to page 12 of the posts. Has anyone else noticed the Naked woman that the mountains make at the end of the Cult of the Six quest series on Sorrowdusk Isle?
    One by one the Penguins are stealing my sanity. . .

. . . And lo there were more Penguins.

screenshot? or it didn't happen :P

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

quest Sane Asylum - album «Sane Asylum» (1988) of Blind Illusion band ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Illusion )
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    quest Sane Asylum - album «Sane Asylum» (1988) of Blind Illusion band ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Illusion )
    doubt that was on purpose that album is pretty well unknown

Beware the Sleepeater

Cinnamon Synonym Anemone Sierim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Kockroach View Post
    So I didn't see this posted but i only read to page 12 of the posts. Has anyone else noticed the Naked woman that the mountains make at the end of the Cult of the Six quest series on Sorrowdusk Isle?
    The appearance of the mountains when facing due southwest from the corner of the temple? That doesn't seem like an Easter Egg to me; more of a reading in of patterns that aren't there. Humans are good at that.

Unrelated: Vbec Godskiller, the dwarven guard in the Bank of Kundarak, sounds like a Morrowind reference to me.
    The threadkiller has spoken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisS117 View Post
    Yeah, developer's put a lot of thought and research into a lot of things here, including learning the Draconic Language (these are all Draconic-to-English translations). Example:

Aussircaex (the white dragon from Korthos and Prey on the Hunter) translates to White Sword

Aussiroth (mate of Aussircaex, found in Prey on the Hunter) means White Tooth
    Another possible Easter Egg is that the Aussiroth is in Prey on the hunter, which has been translated to White Tooth The fact that the only static reward, and named reward is a Toothpick, which is a rapier(Possibly a little foreshadowing as it's mate is White Sword?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nedime View Post
    "If all you have is a barrel everything looks like a crystal" (the time travelling foreman) is a reference to Maslow's Hammer
    I do believe the direct Quote is on Toven's Hammer

Unsure if the first one exactly fits the critera of the thread, but I found it interesting

Community Member

This is one heck of an awesome thread! Some of these references I have even heard of, yet didn't realize even though I have watched and enjoyed Princess Bride several times (other than the fact that the entry screen for The Pit seemed a bit unoriginal even though it seemed completely original)! Not sure I know of one that hasn't been added already, but I will certainly keep my eyes out for them! Oh and I believe that The Lizard Man from one of the Soul Caliber games may have given rise to it being put in as a creature race for ether a version of PnP DnD (or the other way around) or DDO, even though I don't and won't play any Soul Caliber games.

Just noticed that there's a rare golem in epic orchard named Thorfl... ROTFLH. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    the music in the area around the bat rare encounter in the Vale of Twilight sounds suspiciously similar to something ive heard before.

it could just be in my imagination though.

that's not me playing by the way.
    sounds suspiciously like Mr. Crowley
    Wait; I think I just failed a spot check!

Default Michael Jackson reference?

Lol I never noticed this guy's name in Outbreak before... Michael Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Lol I never noticed this guy's name in Outbreak before... Michael Jackson?

He is a zombie, sort of, so... Thriller reference?
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I don't know if this counts... but the Manager from Bargain of Blood, the kobold sitting atop the Minotaurs shoulders, that always reminded me of the characters from that Mad Max film, you know Master & Blaster.
    Could also be yet another princess bride reference as the "mastermind" of the kidnapping plot sits on Andre the giant to travel. (that his name?)

Quote Originally Posted by jebyfire View Post
    in a small problem in phiarlan carnaval

The giant Brawspit that you have to convince to be an actor is realy similar to the Bradspit Hollywood actor
    Nope.avi, the giants name is Brawnpits not brawspit.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I *think* the animated superman series of the 1990s had him say it backwards 3 times. But only after he got fed up with Sups always outwitting him with a single shot. So I agree with your point of detail. It was just a single time to say/write it backwards.

But the trio deff sounds more like Beetlejuice, I can't argue that.

Or, something I just thought about. The Tiefling is ticked and just said the name backwards 3 times to prove a point. Probably this. I have edited to reflect that. Thanks for the catch.
    Maybe thats how you banish Beetlejuice in the comics, but in the movie, thats how you summon him.

Also, I think I found another easter egg despite it being a bit unlikely: the rune arm Knives Eternal has a description that is incredibly similar to the ultimate upgrade's description for the Saints Row 4's Knifethrower, which grants infinite ammo for it without the use of cheats.

Knives' description: This Rune Arm belonged to an intrepid House Cannith Artificer who once tried (and failed)to stop the Abbot's plans. No one knows where the knives it conjures come from, or where they go when they disappear, but there always seem to be more.

Knifethrower ultimate upgrade's description: A gift from Johnny (Gat): knife ammo now never depletes. Because you can never have too many knives.

Maybe Johny or someone he knew got sucked into another dimension, and made a huge stock pile of knives just for the rune arm to use. But that is about as plausible as SR4 making that much of an impression on someone who could get a item made and into the live build for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoner49 View Post
    Maybe thats how you banish Beetlejuice in the comics, but in the movie, thats how you summon him.
    In the movie, he is both summoned and banished by saying his name 3 times.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

Huh, didn't know twinblade was a weapon in DDO until the 10th anniversary event came. I'm also guessing that at least some of you didn't know that there is a bandit leader called Twinblade in the game Fable that came out about 2 years before DDO did. I may have been only 6 years old when Fable came out, but I'm glad I played Fable: TLC at 17.

Looks like this one hasn't been posted yet.

Reed in the Wind: Ki Melee Attack: Deals +1[W] damage. If you successfully damage your target you gain a +3%/+6%/+9% Insight bonus to Dodge for 6 seconds. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
    Reed In The Wind: Focus Melee Attack: Deals +1[W] damage. If you successfully damage your target you gain a +3%/6%/9% Insight bonus to Dodge for 6 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds.)

Dune
    Muad'Dib vs Feyd

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Looks like this one hasn't been posted yet.

Reed in the Wind: Ki Melee Attack: Deals +1[W] damage. If you successfully damage your target you gain a +3%/+6%/+9% Insight bonus to Dodge for 6 seconds. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
    Reed In The Wind: Focus Melee Attack: Deals +1[W] damage. If you successfully damage your target you gain a +3%/6%/9% Insight bonus to Dodge for 6 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds.)

Dune
    Muad'Dib vs Feyd
    video
    Reed in the Wind is a traditional metaphor for avoiding attacks. Dune and DDO got that from the same tradition, so I wouldn't list that as a "Dune" easter egg in DDO.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Been a while since anyone posted in here, so I apologize.
    However.. I didn't see this mentioned, and feel I HAVE to.. Transformers fan that I am..

There is a group of Kobolds in Reaver's Refuge that, when talked too, will say random parts of the 'universal greeting' used in the '86 Transformers movie
    "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong"

It works every time!
    Last edited by ThomasMink; 07-16-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    "Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase

Another one of theses Easter Eggs was in a recent thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    So I was browsing through the tvtropes page for DDO and this is what I find:

"The dragon the Devourer cult is using to freeze up Korthos is being controlled by a mind flayer named Drastix Achthend. In Draconic, this translates to 'dragon food.'"
    Here's the thread link:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Misery-s-Peak

Don't remember it being in the thread but a good catch by ForgettableNPC.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

i havent read the Whole tread maybe this is here before : and maybe the egg is a coincidence - in that case a marvellous one :
    It started with that I noticed the crucial rednamed Roskilde in RR White Dragon quest.
    Then I noticed that the whole quest layout loosely resembled the Danish railroad system, with the dragon placed in Elsinore, after the labyrinth of blindended metro-lines - and some sidelines before that in Jutland where u seek some levers.
    The start of the game is thus entering by ferry from Norway - Theres even an extra sideline where drunken Swedes attack from the right - they came in from Gothenburg.
    Heh !

I liked "Private Jake" in Waterworks.

(as in Private Joke)

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast