Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I think the concept of "easter egg" and "pun" has escaped some of the participants in this thread. :P
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    I think the concept of "easter egg" and "pun" has escaped some of the participants in this thread. :P
    ya rly, i don't mind though

Thumbs up

Doest rly matter.w still mostly near the theme so its okay

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Not to mention Zircon from the Sharn Syndicate chain.
    I had seen more of the strange WF names but cant remembr right now.will be checking while playing ddo

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SireUris View Post
    the Challenge Trader in House C near the Rushmore challenges "Dinwyn Nutting" in the lottery...
    I dont get this

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I dont get this
    he "didn't win nothing"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dean.rys View Post
    he "didn't win nothing"
    Ah.lol

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Shaarax View Post
    In the tavern near the market entrance in House Deneith are the 4 questgivers for the Depths series. They are named Keane d'Deneith, Scholes of Vedykar, Giggs Elorathi and Neville (I forget the rest of his name lol). They are a homage to Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville, all legendary players for the English Premier League football team: Manchester United.
    another tid-bit pointed out to me by a friend: Manchester United plays in Old Trafford Stadium. this stadium is nicknamed "the Theatre of Dreams". i'm sure that sounds painfully familiar to those of us who have been farming PLIS like nuts the past few days!

lol

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Anyone found in easter eggs in the new content?

Community Member

Yeah, I think what we've actually done here is create a thread of easter eggs, puns and pop culture references. I get a kick out of this stuff so I say keep 'em coming.

Speaking of which, I saw another one last night. In VON4 some of the warforged chant "one of us... one of us..." which is probably a reference to the 1932 movie 'Freaks'.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    and Rainbow in the Dark is a Dio song.

Ghosts of Perdition is a (heavy/hard rock) song as well, but I don't know which was named first.
    Opeth

Default Eberron Chronicle!!!

Woot! Looks like we just made today's Chronicle! Nice work everyone and GrampaBill! Lots more to find!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

Default How about hirelings

Nobody's mentioned the hirelings:

Byron Scoutsword: Iron Byron (golf club testing machine used by USGA) - inspired this post.
    Grommisk Axehead (??? Grummish? can't place this one).
    Frenzy: DDO reference
    Rage: another DDO reference
    Arnal Swarts: Lots of Arnold references in DDO. Hopefully inspired by Conan.
    Club : Presumably the description "Do you have tickets to the club show?" is the joke
    Alphar Fairwood: In light of Byron, I suspect a golf reference.
    Brigita Hammersong: ??? Judging from the Vale, I suspect that these are obvious to the headbanger.
    Anthem: Anthem is used a lot where bards are concerned. Since the Rush song is explicitly reference elsewhere...
    Full Metal: Presumably full metal jacket. Hopefully he can break DR.
    Veil (WF rogue): I thought Veil was an elf sorceress (VON3)?

On second thought, the first few hirelings seemed to be full of references, then they gave up. Can anybody place the rest?

Default Kipps and Sleeping Dust

A stretch? Meaning?

In LOTRO, Kipps Is in the quest "Crate and Barrel". Kipps is also in Kipps the Story of a Simple Soul, by H. G. Wells. "Old Kipps never beat his mat! Preferring to let sleeping dust lie."
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Default Or more metal...Veil of Twilight

See Under Eden's 2006 release of Veil of Twilight. Not "vale"...

Link to lyrics

Crimson dusk, eclipses, Banished princes...

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    Nobody's mentioned the hirelings:
    Didn't see this either: the hireling vendor for level 14-16 in the markeplace is called Crimson Annja, a play on Red Sonja
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

2015 DDO Players Council

Inquisitor Gnomon. we first see him telling us to slay what turns out to be innocent Sovereign Host people. then he turns up later in Lords of Dust.

if you say his name out loud (silent G like gnome), it sounds like no-mon. no man. he is no man. he's a rakshasa. well played Turbine. well played

and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    Inquisitor Gnomon. we first see him telling us to slay what turns out to be innocent Sovereign Host people. then he turns up later in Lords of Dust.

if you say his name out loud (silent G like gnome), it sounds like no-mon. no man. he is no man. he's a rakshasa. well played Turbine. well played
    The gnomon is the part of the sundial that casts the shadow, I always read it that he was the only part of the silver flame that cast a shadow rather then spread light or soemthing ...
    Thelanis : Jalagon Jalmonkeygon

2015 DDO Players Council

oh that's pretty good too. a multi-faceted easter egg.

and R.O.G.U.E !

Quote Originally Posted by Domfig View Post
    The gnomon is the part of the sundial that casts the shadow, I always read it that he was the only part of the silver flame that cast a shadow rather then spread light or soemthing ...
    theres actually some eberron lore to this: there is something called "The Shadow in the Flame" that most believe refers to the Demon overlord imprisoned within the Silver Flame itself
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast