Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Dead Pykzyl, the undead beholder. As in dead pixel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Got some more to add:

In The Weapon's Shipment the Planescaller replies to the Pit Fiend who appears: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Battle Titan. A reference to the Emperor saying much the same thing to Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi when he reveals that the Death Star is in fact operational.

Also in The Weapon's Shipment, the Pit Fiend's response to this is: Why didn't anyone tell me the mortals had one of these things? A reference to the Joker's annoyed reaction to Batman stealing his ballons in the 1989 Batman movie.

In Reaver's Reach there are 4 kobolds dancing in a corner and if you click on them they say some weird little phrase. There are 4 of these phrases in all, and if you put them in the right order you get: Bah weep Grah nah weep ni ni bong. Which is the Universal Greeting from the old animated Transformers movie!

In the tavern near the market entrance in House Deneith are the 4 questgivers for the Depths series. They are named Keane d'Deneith, Scholes of Vedykar, Giggs Elorathi and Neville (I forget the rest of his name lol). They are a homage to Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville, all legendary players for the English Premier League football team: Manchester United.
    Last edited by Shaarax; 03-01-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    I stream DDO on my Twitch channel: twitch.tv/brakkart

Cannith: Brakkart Fellblade (Ranger) - Feiya (Ice Sorceress) - Iomedae Furyheart (Paladin) - Lirianne Alkenstar (Artificer) - Laori Vaus (Cleric) - Elmidgetster (Wizard) - Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Shaarax View Post
    Got some more to add:

In Reaver's Reach there are 4 kobolds dancing in a corner and if you click on them they say some weird little phrase. There are 4 of these phrases in all, and if you put them in the right order you get: Bah weep Grah nah weep ni ni bong. Which is the Universal Greeting from the old animated Transformers movie!
    To the OP, there was one of these going somewhere, but guess my search ability is not as good as it use to be, as I can't find it anywhere.

I already knew about all the ones posted, except this one. Never really paid attention to the kobolds there. 6 years and still learning something new all the time!
    Nomuertos 20/4 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul
    Tahren 19 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

Mentos the Freshmaker ... Mentau the Fleshmaker

I knew some of these already, but wow, some of them I'd never have gotten nor recognized. Thank you all.

DDOWiki should consider starting an Easter Egg section.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Default more

The kobolds in the second part of STK will sometimes say "Get hand off me, you dirty Ape!"

The kobold and ogre bosses in Seigebreaker are named Brinky and Major Pain who have the following conversation:

Brinky: 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!'
    Pain: 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!'
    Brinky: 'Ow.'
    Pain: 'Hey, that's my middle name: Ow!'
    Brinky: 'Major Danger Ow Pain, really?'
    Pain: 'Special Parents. Don't want to talk about it.'
    Brinky: 'Hey, look at this mess. Someone set us up... the...'
    Pain: 'I know! Never going to get that promotion now... what are we going to do Brinky?'
    Brinky: 'Same thing we do every day pain! Take over the world!'

There's a guard in the Coin Lord's palace that says something along the lines of "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

The giant rare in Frame Work is named Ahnold the Hungry
    Sarlona ~ Lrenaj Mornaur ♦ Lrel Jayden ♦ WeepingAngel

High level monks get a dance CC type attack. The sequence is earth wind and fire.

There's a pirate at the end of Prove Your Worth named Penzance (a refernce to the Pirates of Penzance Broadway play).

The Shroud is an homage to classic video games: Part 1 is Gauntlet - complete with portal destruction (which spawn monsters), and part 2 is an homage to Pac-Man - 4 corners wtih altars that grant life, and ghosts that return to the center.

In Lord of Eyes, as the stone creatures all advance on the Lord of Madness, if you're observant, you'll see a medusa and a beholder having a staring contest!
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Elyd Edge has elven script on the blade reading "Anthem of the heart; Anthem of the mind."

Rush has a song called Anthem with the lyrics "Anthem of the heart and Anthem of the mind"

When upgraded to Epic Elyd Edge, the weapon gains Screaming, which is what many people agree Geddy Lee's early singing amounted to.

the item elyd edge is an anagram for geddy lee , of RUSH fame.

edit: ninja'd

Quote Originally Posted by le_goat View Post

*facepalm* I never realized the actual name of the weapon was an anagram until you pointed it out just now. Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Claransa View Post
    High level monks get a dance CC type attack. The sequence is earth wind and fire.
    Yes and it's called Shining Star, one of Earth, Wind & Fire's most popular songs.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by B0ltdrag0n View Post
    Lord of Eyes in Acute Delerium near the end says "Utaalk Adarab Otkin!" when using Belashyra's Scepter

The words are:
    Klaatu Barada Nikto
    Thank you I knew it was someting I had heard and it was bugging the hell out of me

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    When upgraded to Epic Elyd Edge, the weapon gains Screaming, which is what many people agree Geddy Lee's early singing amounted to.
    Oooh. Ouch. Not a cool thing to say to a Canadian and giant Rush fan. Take a virtual -1 for that comment (not actually worthy of an ACTUAL -1) hehe. He was a little shrill, eh? But still, c'mon, ya can't badmouth Rush!
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Thank you I knew it was someting I had heard and it was bugging the hell out of me
    But what does dizafrabadoo mean? Only one group of kobolds in the entire game says it.

I don't know if this counts... but the Manager from Bargain of Blood, the kobold sitting atop the Minotaurs shoulders, that always reminded me of the characters from that Mad Max film, you know Master & Blaster.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Elyd Edge has elven script on the blade reading "Anthem of the heart; Anthem of the mind."

Rush has a song called Anthem with the lyrics "Anthem of the heart and Anthem of the mind"

Quote Originally Posted by le_goat View Post

^ & ^^ ... Posted at same minute - you guys sure you didn't choreograph that?

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Oooh. Ouch. Not a cool thing to say to a Canadian and giant Rush fan. Take a virtual -1 for that comment (not actually worthy of an ACTUAL -1) hehe. He was a little shrill, eh? But still, c'mon, ya can't badmouth Rush!
    Rush is my absolute favorite band, bar none. They're just ahead of Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden in my personal favorites list. I was just saying what most people think Geddy's early singing was like. And in fairness, he seems to agree, as he avoids that style in their modern stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I don't know if this counts... but the Manager from Bargain of Blood, the kobold sitting atop the Minotaurs shoulders, that always reminded me of the characters from that Mad Max film, you know Master & Blaster.
    Oh, it counts. It definitely counts.

i don't know about all of you, but its the humor in little tidbits like this that make this game really enjoyable.

with all the dooooom threads, its nice to remember the devs seem to have fun writing and coding the quests we love.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast