Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    I don't see how a monk tank needs "Void Strike IV to instakill". You get force damage on bosses but that's it.
    My pure monk (NOT intended to tank unless necessary) can't even fit in void strike due to tightness of helf monk enhancements and AP (played with an enhancement planner for hours before I had to accept I couldn't have the things I need and want with void strike 4, which is only lower-end want)....I have no idea how a tank could even really fit it in.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    A tank without healing amp is not a tank.

This build would be much better off going pure monk, or going 12 monk 8 fighter or some similar split. 19/1 is a very bad split.
    But your can't get really high intim on a pure monk . . . need a level of something that grants it to you as a class skill.

I've seen tanks without intim lose aggro and have a really tough time getting it back, in something like LOB that can wipe the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    But your can't get really high intim on a pure monk . . . need a level of something that grants it to you as a class skill.

I've seen tanks without intim lose aggro and have a really tough time getting it back, in something like LOB that can wipe the group.
    That's why I'd say 12 monk 8 fighter. Best tanking spread for a monk, I think.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Honestly I stopped reading at feat: weapon finesse
    Low str with no intim and no touch of death means holding aggro is going to be tough.

You would be better served going human ( bonus feat an healing amp) or dwarf ( stun dc con bonus)

Tough to give up dr10 for a single fighter level on a "tank".

After those things I would suggest jumping back on the TR train and getting 3 pally and 3 fighter past lives.

Side note:
    Amusing to see a Minos on an "insanely" geared toon. You realize you can slot toughnes on your epics right? Since you already have charged gauntlets ( which should be claw gloves for hate and heal amp) give up Minos for frost helm and drop GS boots for corrosion to atleast get abashi minor.

-------
    All said have fun with it but you will find this build lacking for the tough endgame raids.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    That's why I'd say 12 monk 8 fighter. Best tanking spread for a monk, I think.
    12 monk, 6 paladin, 2 fighter

Divine Righteousness is to good to pass up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    You need 19 monk for void IV. 19/1 is a strong split.
    NO....NO.... dont make me rub your nose in this thread, 1 fighter is gimping a perfectly good monk (who properly built/equipped CAN tank with authority) 1 tanked a week or so ago on Echrono with 8 or so well geared casters, good 1's i might add that know about aggro management but thats besides the point, he held it firm took minimal damage and was easily held up with 1 divine who had enough left to DOT on top of his duties, your all concerned about your HP but then arbitrarily add a fighter level so you take 10 MOAR DAMAGE PER HIT very UN tank like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12