Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hero
    Reaperbait

I have been meaning to ask about this very subject for some time.

I have never seen above a 94 sneak attack damage on my level 20 Drow pure assassin. And that's with the capstone and a +8 item.

1st life with no epic gear. But my numbers should be higher.
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post

I have never seen above a 94 sneak attack damage on my level 20 Drow pure assassin. And that's with the capstone and a +8 item.

17d6+20, right? 79.5 average. Seeing 95-100 should be rare unless using damage boost.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.I'll make a point to go after helpless mobs on my rogue again as a priority. Under the assumption that the devs run the game as they explain they do (I know, I know), I had been letting all the non-rogue gimps go gun for the helpless stuff while I worked on everything else in stuff like eDA.
    I'm loving the 49 stunning fist DC on my 18 rogue / 2 monk build quite a lot right now

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post

Given the values I see for myself in the video, I wouldn't be surprised if they are somehow weighted. The numbers seem...average. Notice how I never see anywhere near my theoretical minimum *or* maximum. (40 and 125.5, respectively). - But I do think the numbers over time do meet my average, which is 82.5 or so.

Likewise for your Drow - sure, you're not seeing the uber high numbers (which would be three less than mine, or 122.5), but I imagine you're not seeing the super low number, either (37).
    Last edited by TheDearLeader; 02-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Hero
    Reaperbait

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Given the values I see for myself in the video, I wouldn't be surprised if they are somehow weighted. The numbers seem...average. Notice how I never see anywhere near my theoretical minimum *or* maximum. (40 and 125.5, respectively). - But I do thing the numbers over time do meet my average, which is 82.5 or so.

Likewise for your Drow - sure, you're not seeing the uber high numbers (which would be three less than mine, or 122.5), but I imagine you're not seeing the super low number, either (37).
    Ok. I see now. Im right where I should be then.

Thanks much for the replies.
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Given the values I see for myself in the video, I wouldn't be surprised if they are somehow weighted. The numbers seem...average. Notice how I never see anywhere near my theoretical minimum *or* maximum. (40 and 125.5, respectively). - But I do think the numbers over time do meet my average, which is 82.5 or so.
    Some DDo-dice aer weighted, "smallified". For example in damagespells 1d6 is actually 1d3+3.

It might be that the sneakattack d6s are somewhat modified, too. Perhaps in reality they are actually not (1-6), but d5+1 (2-6) or d4+2 (3-6), which would lower the variance. Perhaps even not 1-6, but a 2-5, if going a bt more speculatively. Only analysis of larger amounts of actual sneakkattack damage values from ingame combat would clarify that.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzassassin (just passing through - ignore me) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12