Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default One FVS eleven Rogues

On paper it seems the best DPS in game - One FVS tank with 11 rogues - getting full SA due to FVS pre.

And I wanna test it. On elite VoD.

I'll bring my fvs, and I need 10-11 brave rogues to come with me.

Why 10-11? I consider take 1 Bard from the following reasons:
    1) DPS. A bard will boost not only the damage, but the also the rogue's attack.
    2) Heals for the rogues.
    3) Songs to give me some SP and save me pots.
    4) CC.
    (From 3 and 4 you can guess I'm looking for a SS. Not melee spec, so others wont say its all becasue the bard's esos..)

Anyway, rogues - what should you bring?
    1) Threat reduction. Taking aggro out of me will lower the general DPS, and might cause your death.
    2) Curse pots. (Do I really need to explain why?)
    3) Heal scrolls. Self healing is a must.
    4) Scrolls/Wands/Clickies/Pots/Yugos - anything to boost your survivability and DPS. Resists, Raise, Haste, Rage, Blur, GH, Divine Power, Fire Shield... well, basically 90% of that should already be on you - only now u need to take care yourself a bit more.
    5) HP. I put it minimum of ~400 HP with ship buffs. (well... ~390 can also come I guess...). If I'm too hard with this limit tell me (but I honestly dont think I am..)
    6) Ship buffs. This will save lots of time and mana! Please get the dummy, 30 resists and +2 stats.
    7) DR Breakers.

Ah.. and if one of you will bring some trap tools, it'll be nice. But we can just fight near the wall when the traps are off...

Process:
    1) While we're filling and buffing I'll go do the puzzle, prep the area, and recall for rebuff.
    2) We all gather near the quest 'till everyone are there. (I wanna get a pure time it took to do the quest with no waiting).
    3) We step in, cast a fast herois feast, and the rogues shrine fast.
    4) I fom all, shrine and use the portal - outside I buff myself and do masses, while the rest buffing themselves with whatever they bring.
    5) Orthons - Here I'll heal the group with masses. Note you'll have to self heal further on.
    6) Traps. In case we have a trapper in group. (Rogues are DPS spec. right? )
    7) Suuly drop. I grab suuly. Rogues wait 15-20 seconds and attack suuly. (Note, you can monitor my stacks on suuly - Select him and press Z - When I have 3 stacks of DP its safe to attack).
    8) Trash - Always clear trash 1st. I'll throw some mass heals on me from time to time - So try to fight near me.
    9) Phase [optional rebuffing] - Do not kill the bats! Let me torc a bit.
    10) 2nd Orthons - This will be a bit tricky, and where a bard will make it much easier! But if we wont use a bard - fight them near me, and I'll throw some masses. Be sure to focus one orthon at a time, to make it much less damage taken/sec.
    11) Fire Bats - Use the fire shield scrolls you got with you!
    12) ...
    13) /Win (Or fail.. will see).
    14) We all take a picture smiling... Or a picture of our soulstones

Time: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 20:00 GMT
    This and this can help ya..

A practice run on hard will be made on Sunday, 2012-02-19, 20:00 GMT

Please track this post for time changes.
    You (and me) have more than a week to prepare with lvl and gear.

So.. rogues! Thats the time to show all those "Looking for HEAVY DPS" tools what 'Heavy DPS' really is!

Note: The list might be full, but you can keep post requests in case someone wont show up.

1. FVS/Tank - Miahoohealer
    2. Rogue - Kmn
    3. Rogue - Varrashot
    4. Rogue - Ivena
    5. Rogue - Sylveria
    6. Rogue - Gryppe
    7. Rogue - Trexal
    8. Rogue - Hulligan
    9. Rogue - Lysaer (Tentative)
    10. Rogue - Dala
    11. Rogue - Isioviel
    12. Bard - Hoochy

Reserved: Carella, Sangohara(?)
    Last edited by MiahooJunk; 02-18-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

crud. i wish this was on Orien.

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    crud. i wish this was on Orien.
    Amen. I'd jump at this.

Thumbs up

I like what yer doin here. GL. I look forward to seeing the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Community Member

I would recommend dropping two of the rogues and taking a second healer and an arcane.
    A (very) good arcane can CC/kite/handle most trash, freeing the rogues to dish out dps
    a second healer means they don't have to stop every 6sec to pop off a heal scroll, thereby reducing significantly their dps.

11 rogues sound great on paper, but self healing from scrolls can easily cut their dps by half.

Quote Originally Posted by ulticleo View Post
    I would recommend dropping two of the rogues and taking a second healer and an arcane.
    A (very) good arcane can CC/kite/handle most trash, freeing the rogues to dish out dps
    a second healer means they don't have to stop every 6sec to pop off a heal scroll, thereby reducing significantly their dps.

11 rogues sound great on paper, but self healing from scrolls can easily cut their dps by half.
    A good bard can do all of this, plus give some dps with songs.
    There are two bards I'm thinking about... I hope one will agree to come. (This wont be an easy task for him.. solo heal and CC Elite VoD... Anyway the rogs will need to take care themselves anyway).

The test is not only about DPS, but also self sufficient. I can take other group of melees and get even better results, But will those will be able to self heal/buff? Not sure... some can - most cant.

But yeah, if we wont be able to fill with rogues, I'll get some help from other not melee classes.

Unless one of them has, and can reliably land, Improved Sunder, I don't know if they'll be that good of DPS. Suulomades has I believe 80% Fortification on Elite? That's 70% when Opportunist comes into play. And, while your crown will proc to lower it further, due to Sully's nature to run away just as things are getting good, that's spotty at best.

If my rogue was on Cannith and not Sarlona, I'd give it a shot, but I think the Fortification is going to be a big issue.

Also, you may want to wait until after U13 hits, so Destruction + Improved Destruction stack.

I recommend getting alot of debuffing items for more overall dps and damage mitigation.

From weapons
    Curse-4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks 1min
    Improve Curse -4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks 1min
    Improve Destruction -8 Armor Class and -8% Fortification 20sec
    Improve Sunder Armor Class by 5, and fortification by 10%, -3 fort 24 sec
    From Divine spell list
    Doom -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks
    Bestow Curse-4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks

Thats a further -18% fortification right there for a total -28% fort with AoV or -38% with opportunist. Also great to help your damage mitigation (if you have pretty high AC, can debuff his attack by at least -16 to hit you, 3 curses, doom and AoV)

In fact you only need one rogue to be on 'debuff mode'. This can be made with Cannith crafting, Good Sunder DCs help. Any other debuffs are great (bestow curse for example, take it, or Touch of despair from monks for -25% fortification i believe)

Quote Originally Posted by Natean View Post
    I recommend getting alot of debuffing items for more overall dps and damage mitigation.

From weapons
    Curse-4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks 1min
    Improve Curse -4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks 1min
    Bestow Curse-4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks
    I haven't read the rest - but briefly, Suulomades is immune to all Curse-Like effects, including these.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    I haven't read the rest - but briefly, Suulomades is immune to all Curse-Like effects, including these.
    Ah yes, I just read up on it, thanks for the clarification. He is immune to Curses and Has Mantle of Invulnerability (negates 4th level spells and lower). So I think only Improved Destruction and Improved Sunder works on him from a melee standpoint. unless other stat damaging effects also work? Seems like all monk debuffs are classed as curses. Its quite possible alot of the melee stat chaning effects are also counted as curses. So there doesnt seem to be many debuffs that can be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Natean View Post
    Ah yes, I just read up on it, thanks for the clarification. He is immune to Curses and Has Mantle of Invulnerability (negates 4th level spells and lower). So I think only Improved Destruction and Improved Sunder works on him from a melee standpoint. unless other stat damaging effects also work? Seems like all monk debuffs are classed as curses. Its quite possible alot of the melee stat chaning effects are also counted as curses. So there doesnt seem to be many debuffs that can be applied.
    Stat Debuffs don't work on Purple-Named Mobs (Raid Bosses). (Or maybe I'm just being crazy? I'm trying to remember now...)

Monk Curses do indeed *not* work on him.

Improved Destruction and Improved Sunder work just fine.

Community Member

Default What about destruction?

Last I heard, destruction and improved destruction were supposed to be fixed (maybe they just hope it will be fixed in U13).

A rogue landing both (wielding one of each) should bring the fortification down in a few swings (might need to be a strong or crafted destroyers to break DR and thus proc). I'm mostly interested in this more for lower level raids on hard with my ranger, and suspect he should be breaking fortification before going in for damage if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    Last I heard, destruction and improved destruction were supposed to be fixed (maybe they just hope it will be fixed in U13).

A rogue landing both (wielding one of each) should bring the fortification down in a few swings (might need to be a strong or crafted destroyers to break DR and thus proc). I'm mostly interested in this more for lower level raids on hard with my ranger, and suspect he should be breaking fortification before going in for damage if it works.
    As I said, they will be fixed in U13. I personally went and tested it myself.

Count Varrashot in. 10 day is enough time to round her out.....finish radiance 2 bow....get to 20 for slayer arrows and assassins 3 bonus damage....I'll pop a +2 con tome and upgrade madstone boots....will tease the 400 hp mark.

Sounds fun. Second round of orations might be two blade barrier kiting all 5 baddies as rogues cut down orations agroed on you doing laps. Something to consider, not sure how turtle tanked you need to stay for those 60 seconds.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Count Varrashot in. 10 day is enough time to round her out.....finish radiance 2 bow....get to 20 for slayer arrows and assassins 3 bonus damage....I'll pop a +2 con tome and upgrade madstone boots....will tease the 400 hp mark.

Sounds fun. Second round of orations might be two blade barrier kiting all 5 baddies as rogues cut down orations agroed on you doing laps. Something to consider, not sure how turtle tanked you need to stay for those 60 seconds.
    Done.
    You might wanna put the madstone boots down, as you wont be able to scroll/buff yourself.

And about the orthons I really thought about it! wing out and BBing them. 10 seconds on them will top my mana. Tanking them all is actually a good idea...

I wish my rogue was 20 already

Id be interested long as the day and time work for me...

Mrsheen is my fully geared rogue, enough to UMD long as I dont madstone xD

Or i can bring my bard, heal specced and 42 enchant DC Spellsinger. Plays a healbot pretty decently.
    Community Kitten Eater! High Priest Vatican Assassin Warlock. Duh Winning!
    Strecth- 20 Favored Soul Plats-1 - 20 Favored Soul Hoochy- 20 Bard Futs- 20 Barb
    Mrsheen- Winning Warlock

Default Hehehehe

This sounds way to fun to pass up. Im in.

Ivena pure 20 Rogue. 520 hps, Kopesh, blah blah all that cool dps stuff. 100% heal scrolls. -50% aggro. Count me in, if you want me of course

Edit: Fastest time pre U-12 was 7 minutes. So I think the goal should be around 9 or 10 if you are trying to show rogue dps levels.
    Last edited by ElbionTcob; 02-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Cannith- A Tribe Called Zerg
    Elbion Tosscobble: TR'ing Atm
    Ivena: 20 Rouge TR1 Dps/Epic Trapper/Epic Assassination
    And a multitude of changing alts

This sounds like fun and something I might like to do if I can get my desktop up and running again before 26th. Hopefully my new monitor and graphics card will come in time.

GL Mia!
    If the bard will be the one im thinking about, you have a good healer/cc.

Just a few things:
    "3) We step in, cast a fast herois feast, and the rogues shrine fast."
    Heroes feast is useless here, waste of time.

"4) I fom all, shrine and use the portal - outside I buff myself and do masses, while the rest buffing themselves with whatever they bring."
    Same for fom. Useless here so waste of time.

Orthons: 1 person may could kite them, so the dps could focus on sally.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast