Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I would not worry about existing rings. They are all randomly generated items, not named. I do not think Turbine have any way to trace where random items come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    As I have said before once it hits a year in game one way I don't care if some dev says at that point it is not WAI. At that point you either made it very clear it was broken, you fixed it, or you left it alone and called it a day.
    Good thing it hasn't hit a year yet then, eh? Update 10 was released on Monday, June 20th, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    If it was a bug, it should not have taken over a year to address.
    Hardly over a year, and we don't know when they were made aware of it.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Sorry but heavy fort is THAT powerfull on a lv1-9 char. A troll/Ogre can crit you for 30-40 and hit you multiple times in a row.

So is the bug here then that you can prepare your self for that troll by getting an item at that lvl. OR. is the bug here a troll that are doing way more dmg then alot of people could stand for at that lvl ?
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

This really sounds like a bad change.
    What does it change to be able to get a +6 ring or a GFL ring at level 1 instead of getting it at level 9?

It makes low levels too easy? Who cares it's used only by people who have a high level character, will most probably run these solo or with friends, and will roll on the content with or without the ring.

Getting some of these was a nice little goal. I tried to run the chain regularly for these. It was something else to do in the game.

This change is especially strange when at the same time they give us Vet2 and XP tomes...

I really hope they don't change the previously acquired rings (I doubt they will).
    I also really hope they decide to revert the change, but I fear it won't happen unless there is an uproar from players (which will not happen).

Sometimes bugs are nice features!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I would not worry about existing rings. They are all randomly generated items, not named. I do not think Turbine have any way to trace where random items come from.
    They don't have to. They could run a script that finds all randomly generated rings with no ML and give them an appropriate ML.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    So is the bug here then that you can prepare your self for that troll by getting an item at that lvl. OR. is the bug here a troll that are doing way more dmg then alot of people could stand for at that lvl ?
    No bugs at all. Skills to avoid their hits/attacking from the distance/using spells is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    They don't have to. They could run a script that finds all randomly generated rings with no ML and give them an appropriate ML.
    That's the problem. There are a lot of legitimate rings with no ML. Running a blind script like that will mess all of those rings up as well.

And I'm sure Turbine knows what I'm talking about when I say it's not as simple as just running a script.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

No bugs at all. Skills to avoid their hits/attacking from the distance/using spells is all you need.
    Doesn't always work. Due to game positioning bugs and latency, you can move far to the side or even behind a triple striking Ogre or Troll, and they'll still hit you.

They can also still hit you with it if you Fascinate, Dance, Paralyze, Daze, Trip, or Command them when they start their strike, as their action will still go through regardless of any CC that happens in the meantime.

This has happened before. I wasn't paying attention to it the last time. What happened then? Were the no min level items retroactively changed?

And if they DO retroactivly change our gear they sure as *^&% better change my reaver's fate gear automatically too.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Sorry but heavy fort is THAT powerfull on a lv1-9 char. A troll/Ogre can crit you for 30-40 and hit you multiple times in a row.
    A warforged with a crafted moderate fort item can have 100% fort at level 3.
    Anyone with a crated moderate fort item, medium/large guild augment slot, and a stalwart trinket, can have 100%+ fort by level 4.
    A PM Wizard in zombie form can have 100% fort at level 6.

But honestly, having the moderate fort item is usually plenty. Negating the last 25% crits/sneak attacks is much less important than the first 75%. Heavy fort on one of these rings would be nice, but it's hardly game breaking.

If the rings are not needed for you here at all Then my questing still reminds why are a heavyfort ring then a bug at lvl 1 ? when it is clearly not needed. =?

Didn't the Lordsmarch chain also have a similar ring "feature" a while back that got removed later? Why then did that same bug make it into another pack later on, also to be removed after a while? It may not be an intentional bait and switch, but it's certainly a bit fishy, that's for sure. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed. It's just the way that the two packs were fixed is somewhat laughable. Let people buy them for a while, then pull out a feature/bug after some people have had some fun.

Honestly, the power level of the rings is certainly high, but I say leave the can of worms open in this situation. Give people a loot list worth looking forward to mainly because it's (1) not overly game breaking and (2) switching things up after the fact... twice makes you look like sloppy programmers or makes the players feel like they've been scammed, neither of which is a positive thing. It would have looked better from a PR standpoint to just call it a feature and leave it in. Take your lemons and make lemonade instead of taking those lemons and tossing them away.

That's just my opinion on it.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    This has happened before. I wasn't paying attention to it the last time. What happened then? Were the no min level items retroactively changed?

And if they DO retroactivly change our gear they sure as *^&% better change my reaver's fate gear automatically too.
    Retroactively changing things would set up a horrible precedent, especially regarding epic items and the many nerfs that happened to Abbot items.

Right now, there are only a few circumstances that can cause an item to be retroactively changed. They are:
    Changing the minimum level of an actual named item, such as the Epic Brimstone Verge and Epic Robe of Dissonance. This does not work on most crafted gear, such as the old level 8 Greensteel items, but may work on Cannith gear if the ML formula is changed. It may or may not work on random loot, I don't know, and that's the concern here with this particular issue.

Changing base damage and other general weapon parameters. Examples include the first eSoS nerf, and changing certain Mindsunder item's base damage profiles. When the Carnival epics were changed, my Epic Antique Greataxe did not gain the Righteousness property in the new version, but did have the base damage adjusted to the new value automatically.

Changing the functionality of a special property that is already on an item. Examples include fixing Epic Sirroco, increasing the DC of Terror's on-crit proc, changing Dreamspitter back to proc on each crit instead of just a chance, and the now-reverted Madstone Boots change.

--

Adding or Removing properties, like the Carnival, u5 Desert, and Sentinels epic changes; Reaver's and Abbot changes, fixing bugs in items like the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer and early versions of Stonedust Handwraps, and the like require some sort of upgrade ritual added in. It's not an automated change.

I also don't want to see automated retroactive changes to many items, especially when the new versions are a huge nerf (Vile Blasphemy and other such Abbot nerfs) or are vastly different in function (old vs. new Epic Chimera's Fang and the Enduring Conviction).

I love reading this type of thread. Everyone jumps up, whines, argues and throws a conniption fit and totally forgets about the EULA that basically says... once we have your money-you're at our mercy. But please... keep going. The show is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    I love reading this type of thread. Everyone jumps up, whines, argues and throws a conniption fit and totally forgets about the EULA that basically says... once we have your money-you're at our mercy. But please... keep going. The show is AWESOME!
    If we couldn't complain on the forums, the only posts would be screenshot of the week.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post

When it comes to this main case of they are removeing the ML rings, honestly i do not really care.. I will live without any twink lowbie item. But i get red in the face of anger when i see someone trying to steal people money for something THEY did wrong. Iam proud of playing DDO, and i love the game, but the people who are makeing the game iam really not proud of they are indeed doing a very bad job at doing the things right the first time. And what good is it to remove a dog pooh if the smell is still in the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    When it comes to this main case of they are removeing the ML rings, honestly i do not really care.. I will live without any twink lowbie item. But i get red in the face of anger when i see someone trying to steal people money for something THEY did wrong. Iam proud of playing DDO, and i love the game, but the people who are makeing the game iam really not proud of they are indeed doing a very bad job at doing the things right the first time. And what good is it to remove a dog pooh if the smell is still in the carpet.
    They're 'stealing money' now?!

Anyone with the tiniest fraction of common sense had to be able to look at the ML on those rings and know that they weren't WAI. If people spent their money to take advantage of a bug and that bug is now going away, that's definitely not Turbine's mistake.

Akrites: 10 Wiz (TRed Bard), Oakianus: 20 Wiz and Odanta: 20 Monk. All on Khyber, because I love drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    They are:
    Changing the minimum level of an actual named item, such as the Epic Brimstone Verge and Epic Robe of Dissonance. This does not work on most crafted gear, such as the old level 8 Greensteel items, but may work on Cannith gear if the ML formula is changed. It may or may not work on random loot, I don't know, and that's the concern here with this particular issue.
    A known example being The star of Irian, a named item that was changed from min lvl 2 to min lvl 8, I still have the the ml 2 version.

Hmmm got this pack about 2 weeks ago. Very disappointing news. The rings are a huge part of why I did-only 1 of the quests is decent XP. The +10 reflex saves docents and the rings are really the only decent loot. Not much else relevent endgame.

It's a cool pack and I like it a lot. Unique feel to it thats for sure

Sure it was a bug, but they could have said so AGES ago that they were making changes to the rings and upping their ML.

They knew about it and said nothing, because they were aware that it was a selling point. And I am one of those suckers that got the pack because they kept their trap shut.

Nice work turbine. You may have gained a few dollars, but you lost some respect. If you know you are going to change (fix/nerf/rebreak/break/make useless/balance/take a dump on) an item/reward system, SAY so right away...better yet DO so right away.

Either code your **** right the first time (I KNOW thats a lot to ask), or ignore it if it results in a nice perk for buying the pack that is no way game breaking. And don't take a year to do it. If you spend 10months and do/say nothing people start saying that it's working as intended.

It's not like its a 5minute task to see a list that has 10 rings. More like 30-40minutes to see 2-3 rings. It's not like bound things are now tradeable to other characters or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Sure it was a bug
    End of discussion. You knew it was a bug, you wanted to take advantage of the bug, you have plenty of lead time to take advantage of the bug before it's gone. Expecting a bug to last forever is ridiculous.

Akrites: 10 Wiz (TRed Bard), Oakianus: 20 Wiz and Odanta: 20 Monk. All on Khyber, because I love drama.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast