Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    I support this idea just because I enjoy forum rage.
    i support making the change retroactive too. I support it for a different reason though:
    if it wasn't working as intended then fix it so it is. People who now spend hours farming in the
    last "days" before the change are (imo) attempting to exploit the game. They know it isn't
    currently working as intended but they are going to farm for the gear before it changes . . .
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    IfOn a brighter note i guess i wont have to buy that pack now, almost did last week and decided to wait
    That was the only reason you were going to buy the pack??

Heh. People are strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

Heh. People are strange.
    Agreed, the Madness chains are some of the most fun quests and have nice exp and some unique items.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Heh. People are strange.
    Yes i buy my packs based on gear and XP.

For example do you think i bought vale of twilight simply because i wanted to run The Coalescence Chamber or maybe the big reason was for shroud to be able to make gs items ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Yes i buy my packs based on gear and XP.

For example do you think i bought vale of twilight simply because i wanted to run The Coalescence Chamber or maybe the big reason was for shroud to be able to make gs items ?
    No ML stat rings was the gear that you wanted so desperately? Because the levels between 1-11 are so hard, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    i support making the change retroactive too. I support it for a different reason though:
    if it wasn't working as intended then fix it so it is. People who now spend hours farming in the
    last "days" before the change are (imo) attempting to exploit the game. They know it isn't
    currently working as intended but they are going to farm for the gear before it changes . . .
    (nods) Agree 100%.

No ML stat rings was the gear that you wanted so desperately? Because the levels between 1-11 are so hard, right?

Not really just thought if a get a pack for more xp one with nice twink rings would be it, but if there no twink rings i will hold of on buying them.

Really though why get upset over what reasons i use to buy packs?

so right back at ya Mr.
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

Guess they don't need to be fixed then, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Guess they don't need to be fixed then, amirite?
    I'm glad someone saw what i did there

I was wondering when Turbine was going to fix this. Knew it was going to happen at some point.

I'm not certain they're going to "fix" existing rings, as there's a lot of possible rings out there that could be hit by adding a ML to it even when they're legitimate ones.

I've certainly seen Turbine retroactively "fix" or "alter" an existing item and ended up making something VERY different instead (Pale Lavender Ioun Stone). My fear is that if a "fix" is applied for existing rings, even if they (the 0 ML rings) are fixed, could they not also conceivably also mess up existing legitamate rings? Which would be a bigger headache for Turbine than simply fixing the existing ones.

Rings I can think of are ML0 rings (Sharn Syndicate and elsewhere), existing equivalent rings. If the code is just off by a tiny bit. We could have a bigger issue than having access to a ML0 ring in a chain by mistake.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

I wonder what the reaction will be if people log in after U13 goes live, and they discover that their previously-no-ml-+6 CON rings are now ML 13? But then they discover that they still have to put their pre-U12 Head of Good Fortune in the Stormreaver Altar with 3 relics so that it can be made "upgradeable"?

I have no problems with them "fixing" the no-ml rings retroactively, but only if they "fix" things like the Reaver's Fate gear retroactively at the same time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

This was a bug fix, not a bait-and-switch.

People must be really good at deceiving themselves to make themselves believe this was working as intended.
    As I have said before once it hits a year in game one way I don't care if some dev says at that point it is not WAI. At that point you either made it very clear it was broken, you fixed it, or you left it alone and called it a day.

It is just bad form to ignore something and then for some random dev to get a bee in their bonnet over something that everyone is used to at this point.

I figured they said internally "Well the low levels are a joke. Let's add some cool lowbie twink gear as a reward for this quest pack."
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

They have to retroactively alter the current rings, but I guess the nature of the reward and type of item they can't. ie no unique internal ID number.

I guess I should get some runs of this, only recently found out about these.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    They have to retroactively alter the current rings, but I guess the nature of the reward and type of item they can't. ie no unique internal ID number.

I guess I should get some runs of this, only recently found out about these.

yeah, it might be a hassle but if they don't fix the current rings people will be angry and Turbine is making a lot lately to make people angry, not sure if they should do another thing.

On the other hand maybe learning tomes should work as a distraction :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr
    It is just bad form to ignore something and then for some random dev to get a bee in their bonnet over something that everyone is used to at this point.
    That reminds me of when Codog "fixed" the ability to spin around while resting at a shrine.

Quote Originally Posted by karsion
    yeah, it might be a hassle but if they don't fix the current rings people will be angry and Turbine is making a lot lately to make people angry, not sure if they should do another thing.
    There are several other things that have different minimum levels depending on when the item was obtained, including Greensteel weaponry (ML 8 at inception), Epic Robe of Dissonance (ML 1), Rings like +4 STR (no ML) from this issue being in the end reward of the Assault on Stormreach chain, and Unsuppressed Ioun Stones with no ML (Dusty Rose). They rarely, if ever, get modified in ML unless it is a specific named item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukenburger View Post
    That reminds me of when Codog "fixed" the ability to spin around while resting at a shrine.

There are several other things that have different minimum levels depending on when the item was obtained, including Greensteel weaponry (ML 8 at inception), Epic Robe of Dissonance (ML 1), Rings like +4 STR (no ML) from this issue being in the end reward of the Assault on Stormreach chain, and Unsuppressed Ioun Stones with no ML (Dusty Rose). They rarely, if ever, get modified in ML unless it is a specific named item.

I know they probably won't be fixed that's why I say people will be angry.

On the other hand learning tomes will appease the anger... at least for those who didn't spend hundreds of dollars getting xp pots :P

VoT is a rather boring pack that people buy only because of the XP and loot.

RoM is an extremely fun and well-designed chain that also gives decent loot and XP.

Not all packs are created equal, and not all people have the same interests. Just because one pack sucks and is carried solely by its overpowered loot, doesn't mean that the same criteria of evaluation are relevant for other packs. I run both HoM and RoM chains regularly just because I thoroughly enjoy them, even though I already have most of the loot I need from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Motto is exploit early, exploit often.
    This.

Sry, but by changes like that turbine encourages people to do so.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Why was the no ML rings a bug ? And if they where a bug, can someone please show me, in the know bug list (I allready looked 3 times) where it says that the rings from that chain is bugged becourse of no ML on em ?

You can get a million of other items around tha game wich are very nice twink items for a lowbie, those rings where super.. i admit it.. But +6 str and heavyfort on your two ring slots at lvl 1 is not really THAT powerfull that it have to be a bug.

Is the quiver from abbot then also a bug ?
    can i expect that to be nerfed in 1 month ? becourse then turbine have taken my money for the abbot pack and can now make it a **** item wich i can swap out with a new bugged item out there somewhere in the new packs, wich will be nerfed again in 2 months when i have payed for that aswell ?

You guys really think that a company doing such a thing like this with one of your RL things would get a way with this ?
    You buy a new Flat screen TV from a firm, Its perfect becourse you can have that screen on the wall, wich is good for you course you cant have it on the floor, 1 month later the firm you bought the TV comes by takes your TV and gives you the same TV just not in flat screen no more.. and says Sorry, we know you paied for that TV and you did so becourse it was a flat screen,, but it is not WAI becourse of bad ("game") desgin so you have to have this TV instead, and you cannot get your money back from it..

Really really ? (kobold love you loooongg time)
    Last edited by DeltaBravo; 02-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    But +6 str and heavyfort on your two ring slots at lvl 1 is not really THAT powerfull that it have to be a bug.
    Sorry but heavy fort is THAT powerfull on a lv1-9 char. A troll/Ogre can crit you for 30-40 and hit you multiple times in a row.

21. 02-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Reason
    trolling/name-calling

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast