Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

A Phiarlan Pendant of Time is only useable in town. Still a great way to travel, but doesn't help in quests or wildernesses.

A no-ML Striding ring or an upgraded Abbot Quiver is an incredible boost in low level play, and probably does the most to improve enjoyment of the early game. Expeditious Retreat clickies are great, but not always sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I don't much care about most of the boosts that a +6 no-ML ring could give, but I would dearly love to have 25% or 30% striding on a no-ML ring. Most of the other effects just let you kill things faster or survive more and I'm already fine on both of those fronts at low levels, but striding would make life much more pleasant for any characters that can't cast Expeditious Retreat.
    Get a couple of clickables. The Anger set from Korthos includes boots that have 2/day Exp Retreat...

I also have a Exp Retreat 3/day ring that one can use at level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I don't much care about most of the boosts that a +6 no-ML ring could give, but I would dearly love to have 25% or 30% striding on a no-ML ring. Most of the other effects just let you kill things faster or survive more and I'm already fine on both of those fronts at low levels, but striding would make life much more pleasant for any characters that can't cast Expeditious Retreat.
    /agree.

Running slow is stupid. Although, expeditious retreat clickies are workable because of the short length of early quests. But it is kind of annoying to always have to micromanage the clicky though. Would be better if it had a higher caster level.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Just an aside, I had a client crash while stepping into Partycrashers on my Pali's TR. When I logged back in, I managed to still have my Phiarlan Pendant of Time effect inside the dungeon. That made for a nice fast run through those long corridors.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Get a couple of clickables. The Anger set from Korthos includes boots that have 2/day Exp Retreat...

I also have a Exp Retreat 3/day ring that one can use at level 1.
    I have Exp Retreat clickies. I have Anger's step (which I continue to wear up through mid level on some characters just for the stacking To Hit bonus) and a second 3/day clicky just like you. Since each of them lasts only for 1 minute, though, it's *very* nice to have a 25% or 30% striding item.

Even before level 10, there are a decent number of quests that last for more than 5 minutes. Sometimes even more than 5 minutes between shrine.

I have never understood all the hoopla over twink gear like this. Friends farm this stuff and all. It seems like it is super easy to get to level 11 and takes even on a double tr not too much time to do so. The value of gear oriented toward level 1 to level 10 characters seems extremly minimal. Really just drink a few more cure serious pots while levelling from 1-10 shrug. Why spend hours farming something like no ml rings which have almost no value?
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 02-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It seems like it is super easy to get to level 11 and takes even on a double tr not too much time to do so.
    Twinking is more about speeding up the process than it is about making it easier although making it easier does contribute. Also difficulty is subjective. Some people find it difficult as can be seen with some pug groups that struggle to make it through a normal quest run.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Community Member

This explains the dozens of casual runs I've been seeing posted in the LFMs recently

Maybe I'll join one tonight.

I have never understood all the hoopla over twink gear like this.
    I think it is mostly a mentality of "got to have! NOW!"

Such as driver permits in Arkansas. You can get them at 14. License at 16.
    All of my friends were going nuts to get their permit to drive at 14. I was like "why? you still have to have your parents with you. Sides, I like having a chauffeur to drive me places. I'll be having to drive the rest of my life after all."
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 02-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Why spend hours farming something like no ml rings which have almost no value?
    Maybe your right. I guess I should spend all of my time farming tod and other raids because I can never get the loot to drop for me.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo-Heifer-Oinks

BEAGLES

I only read about half the thread but these rings with no ML were not a mistake. The rings from Attack on Stormreach were the same way. There was not a bug, this is not a fix, the new pack promo is over. I find it hard to believe they made the same mistake for about the same amount of time with two packs.

FYI the rings from AoS weren't retroactively "fixed".

Not WAI does not mean that it was even noticed by the devs right away. Hence the year that they have been avilable. This should be fixed and I personally give the devs props for telling us its gonna be fixed instead of doing a stealth fix. Then the screaming would be REALLY loud. Stuff like this is OBVIOUSLY broken and should have been pointed out to the dev team way sooner than it was.

Rockin and rolling with Cestus Dei
    Main is Tkalish
    Alts are Bastun, Raigon, Binnesman, Kanyar and Ktalish

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I think it is mostly a mentality of "got to have! NO!"

Such as driver permits in Arkansas. You can get them at 14. License at 16.
    All of my friends were going nuts to get their permit to drive at 14. I was like "why? you still have to have your parents with you. Sides, I like having a chauffeur to drive me places. I'll be having to drive the rest of my life after all."

In Kansas when I was growing up you could get a restricted license for driving to school and work at 14 but you had to take drivers ed first was pretty cool I was driving 2 years before most of the rich kids as it was tradition for them to get a car at 16 but looking back its not a good idea for that to been that way.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Nummesis View Post
    Not WAI does not mean that it was even noticed by the devs right away. Hence the year that they have been avilable. This should be fixed and I personally give the devs props for telling us its gonna be fixed instead of doing a stealth fix. Then the screaming would be REALLY loud. Stuff like this is OBVIOUSLY broken and should have been pointed out to the dev team way sooner than it was.
    It become obvious to them when they sold the pack as much as they could. As soon as people quit buying it, then it was OP and needed fixed.

When the challanges came out it was not OP that people were farming tokens left and right. Once the sales for the challange dried up, it then became OP and Turbine had to nerf it.

They are getting good at getting people to buy the packs then nerf it once the rush to buy the pack is gone. I agree that the tokens and rings may be OP, but dont kid me or yourself that Turbine did not plan on fixing it until after they sold the packs.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo-Heifer-Oinks

BEAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Running slow is stupid. Although, expeditious retreat clickies are workable because of the short length of early quests. But it is kind of annoying to always have to micromanage the clicky though. Would be better if it had a higher caster level.
    I have a weird fixation with playing humans, so I go with the easy 30% striding from birth to tr: dragonmark of passage (1 minute per level, 3 or 4 times per rest) from level 1 to 7, then respec that feat to something useful and slip on the Mire set. Swap in rocket boots at 18, and that means the entire life is spent at 30% striding.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    then respec that feat to something useful and slip on the Mire set... the entire life is spent at 30% striding.
    Huh? Mire set gives 15% striding.

Quote Originally Posted by karsion View Post
    Put em on and try em.

Quote Originally Posted by karsion View Post
    It's 25%. A TAD slower than 30% striders and a bit faster than 20% ones.

No way it's actually 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    Just an aside, I had a client crash while stepping into Partycrashers on my Pali's TR. When I logged back in, I managed to still have my Phiarlan Pendant of Time effect inside the dungeon. That made for a nice fast run through those long corridors.
    That's awesome.

New goal: crash the client in a way that gives me 50% striders forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    It's 25%. A TAD slower than 30% striders and a bit faster than 20% ones.

No way it's actually 15%.
    It's 30%. They are a bit faster than 25s. My testing revealed that they're either 24% (the effecive speed of 30% striding) or 25% (the effective speed of expeditious retreat), but I was unable to measure with enough precision to identify which one. Logic says it's simply a bugged application of the 30% striding from the epic version, as opposed to a true 25%, which would have no logical explanation.

Time trial results here.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast