Default Anyone else notice strange thing with Arcane essences?

I have 1000s of the lessers in my ingredients bag, compared to 100s of the others. Is there a known issue with deconing arcane items? My greaters are all about the same, so it's not that I am deconing more arcane than anything else.
    Lauranda, Laurissa, Snowey, Wayve

Community Member

You just got lucky (or unlucky) when deconstructing items and got more lessers arcanes than greater arcanes.

Or you've been doing unbound crafting which consumes more greaters than lessers.

but why so many more arcanes than the other 11. i literally have almost 5k lesser arcanes and maybe 1k on average of the other 11 lessers.

Community Member

Effects that yield arcane essences are the most common on random gen loot. 2nd is good essences (deathblock!).

Least common is evil IMO. Not many stuff yields evil essences at all. Necro focus, Intimidate, not much more and also hard to find a +5 evil item..

i thought about that, but then shouldn't i also have a lot more greater arcanes than the others? but i dont

Community Member

If you're deconstructing a lot of low level arcane items, you'll be less likely to pull greater essences. Or you could just be getting unlucky with the higher level arcane items and just pulling lots of lessers and not many greaters.

there are simply a lot more items that give arcane essences than any other type.

Use them to make shards of potential, or masterful craftmanship shards

Turns out I had the wrong essence in mind when I was posting originally. It's lesser BODY essences that I have an amazing number of. Does that change everyone's though?

Community Member

lesser mind and lesser body essences are quite plentiful for me, too. most skill/ability bonuses yield these when deconned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauranda View Post
    Turns out I had the wrong essence in mind when I was posting originally. It's lesser BODY essences that I have an amazing number of. Does that change everyone's though?
    Nope, doesn't change a thing.

Hero

Mind, body, and arcane essences are the most plentiful essences to be obtained, mostly because of a lot of the skills using those, efficiency clickies, potency, few lores, all stats (str/dex/con= body, int/wis/cha=mind)

evil essences seem to be the rarest to me, intimidate/necro foci/curse spewing/nihil/nullification/void lore

Community Member

When I deconstruct my own random loot I always end up with more body items - because the body mods are the most common.
    Wherever you went - here you are.