Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Becuase they hate us. They genuinely hate players, and are out to kill us all. Don't let them get you!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    I actually love it when a cleric or fvs dies, then you res. them, and they stand there with 15 hp and do absolutely nothing to heal either themselves or me. If you ask me, the devs simply dont want hires to work half way decently, so most of the time I just leave them far away and if i take a lot of damage (or die), I just have them port to me and heal or res me.
    In those situations I always tell myself that if the hireling was halfway competent they wouldn't be hanging out with me for the pittance they get paid. It is the closest I actually come to Role Playing in the game...

Devs, Maybe we need some really good hirelings that cost 200K plat to hire and who leave the dungeon if we don't perform well enough for them.

I’ve noticed that sometimes hirelings go inactive after a teleport, or sometimes for no reason at all.
    I can SOMETIMES fix this by setting them to passive and then back to active again. In many cases, but not always, this will cause the clerics to start healing themselves again.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    In those situations I always tell myself that if the hireling was halfway competent they wouldn't be hanging out with me for the pittance they get paid. It is the closest I actually come to Role Playing in the game...

Devs, Maybe we need some really good hirelings that cost 200K plat to hire and who leave the dungeon if we don't perform well enough for them.
    I think it's the other way around... hirelings get paid very little because they are not working hard enough (if they are working at all ....) to warrant any single copper more at all.

Yeah give use better hireling with better stats and properly working ,for more plat, could a good gold sink.

Or just admit that the AI is broken and can't be fixed and make passive hirelings. Ex magic orbs, untargettable, that float next to the player and have damage/healing/absorb aura (dps/healing/tank hireling) and keep the old ones as legacy hirelings for lever pulling etc.

They are depressed and want to end it all.

Community Member

There was a mystical time many patches ago when you could put Larafay at the bottom of a ramp in the Cannith Dragon challenges and she would stay there and kill anything that came close and keep herself healed. Then they did something, and they will port to you no matter what unless you have them on passive. If they are on aggro or defensive they will port to you at a random time. And, further, if they don't port they will just now stand there uselessly while getting killed.

I don't know why they changed anything or what they did, but hirelings were actually good at one point. Like I used to just hit aura on my cleric in DA and let all my hirelings fight and kill everything, but alas, now they will just stare at mobs instead of attacking 50% of the time and you have to mash different buttons to get them to attack again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345