Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

Default Alchemical Combinations

Here is my thoughts on about Alchemical Upgrades for situationals :

Best DPS imho for all purposes. Yes mostly devil bosses immune to fire but weapons can bypass their dr and you have provide +10 Seeker and +2 Str. This one is very good for epic trash imho. If you have twf you want to always use this.

Base : Silver
    Upgrade 1 : Fire ( +5 Enchantment and +10 Seeker )
    Upgrade 2 : Fire ( +2 Strength and Rigtheous )
    Upgrade 3 : Air
    Red Slot : Adamantine or +7 enchantment

Second Choice Maybe ( You loose 2 str but gain good dps )

Base : Flametouched
    Upgrade 1 : Fire ( +5 Enchantment and +10 Seeker )
    Upgrade 2 : Air ( Lit and % 6 Doublestrike )
    Upgrade 3 : Air
    Red Slot : +7 enchantment

Anyway please share your thoughts for upgrading your alchemicals.

Community Member

Fire of any tier for melee is garbage imo. Most endgame bosses resist fire damage so its useless as a boss beater. Its also useless as a trash beater since air/water/wind all have some form of stun element which is what epics are about for melee. Stun -> quick kill while not having to worry about epic ac or taking an axe to the face.

Leave it for the casters.

I think most people already have seeker somewhere so its really not all that great
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I just use a triple air flametouched iron alchemical khopesh in my offhand. Dps wise its a little bit below that of lit II which I have in mainhand. I get my +10 seeker from emc so really for melees having fire is kind of useless.
    Children / Zeya / Tyremus / Inspiring

wondering for a monk splashed melee(12/8 x/mnk builds) for if/when I ever TR mali...

Being that he won't have dr breaking from shintao or lv16 monk(no adamantine, no silver) and possibly only holy on the ring, what would be the best?

I DO want the +stunning one(looks great) and will be in fire stance (But might also be using the spare hand... does it work with unarmed?)

Just wondering myself, and hoping a good combo for a single 'all purpose' wraps for him. (Would have wraps eventually for dr busting on bosses and such, though crafting, but I've found all the time i've played him in all the years ive played, I ABUSED stunning fist so much that the +stunning imo is the best option overall)

Community Member

Seeker 10 looks good, but for most people that's really only +4 seeker. Bloodstone and Marilith Chain are popular melee items.

silver/air/air/air works wonderfully with monks or any other melee that has a useful stunning blow DC. Consider byshk wraps for monks as that bumps up their unarmed dice.

any combination of earth or water is otherwise attractive for electric resistant mobs because of the helpless hold procs. You can add the Freezing Ice proc to your weapons from the Frozen Tunic from the challenge quests, so earth as tier1 seems more attractive to me
    Last edited by porq; 02-02-2012 at 04:36 PM.

I like the idea of a Fire/Air offhand for TWF for trash mobs since seeker 10 and 6% DS are global effects. I'm also assuming I would never get enough epic runs in for a T3 and the for bosses I wouldn't use these weapons anyway. Main hand I like something like adamantine earth/earth or earth/fire. The +2 to CON or STR could be helpful.

Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

I agree with commments alchemical weapons are best for TWF off hand support. That's the because of AH Alc. Khopesh prices. But about my first combination :

It bypass DR both Lob and Devils
    Silver,Adamantine +6 enchantment and +10 seeker +2 Str also effecting main hand damage. Yeah fire is useless but think about weapon's main slashin damage it's very good. Maybe even third good option for THF after Esos and EAgA. And free your bloodstone ( Sustaining Symbiont +1 Exc. Con, GFL ) and Marillith Chain ( Evasion ) slots.

I agree with Valindria my plan is Fire + Air + Whatever except Fire.
    Last edited by KutchemesTheDark; 02-03-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    wondering for a monk splashed melee(12/8 x/mnk builds) for if/when I ever TR mali...

Being that he won't have dr breaking from shintao or lv16 monk(no adamantine, no silver) and possibly only holy on the ring, what would be the best?

I DO want the +stunning one(looks great) and will be in fire stance (But might also be using the spare hand... does it work with unarmed?)

Just wondering myself, and hoping a good combo for a single 'all purpose' wraps for him. (Would have wraps eventually for dr busting on bosses and such, though crafting, but I've found all the time i've played him in all the years ive played, I ABUSED stunning fist so much that the +stunning imo is the best option overall)
    Consider Byshek wraps for the +1 die step as it will stack with either Monk PL OR Garmets of Equilibrium ~ if you have both pretty much any base metal works with ToD Holy Ring since the trick is to slot it with a Crystal of Metallic Edges to get all your DR breaking in...

Triple Air does seem the best DPS option for Monks and yes the Spare Hand works with Stunning Fist for Monks...

No so great for DQ granted but it'll rock everywhere else
    Member of Wanderlust
    Paulao (TR2 IP) ~ Paulbo (TR2) ~ Paulco (TR1) ~ Pauldo (TR3) ~ Pauleo (FL) ~ Paulfo (FL) ~ Paulgo (FL) ~ Paulho (TR1) ~ Pauljo (FL) ~ Paulpo (FL)

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountHenri View Post
    Consider Byshek wraps for the +1 die step as it will stack with either Monk PL OR Garmets of Equilibrium ~ if you have both pretty much any base metal works with ToD Holy Ring since the trick is to slot it with a Crystal of Metallic Edges to get all your DR breaking in...

Triple Air does seem the best DPS option for Monks and yes the Spare Hand works with Stunning Fist for Monks...

No so great for DQ granted but it'll rock everywhere else
    Doesn't stack with Garments.

The effect from Bykesh Alchemical Warps, Garments and Earth Stance+Jidz is identical and doesn't stack. The Past Life: Disciple of the Fist is separate and stacks with all.

I am using air/air (could have been t3 by now, long story XD) byeshk alchemical wraps and they're working great. Lit 2 procs pretty often since attack speed is high, too bad ac is useless, but stunning +10 on a dps weapon is very nice. DR is not really an issue with artificers around, can always swap to a cheap beater if you can't help it anyway...
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron