Default Concord Opp Weapon...

So I want to make a nice Concord Opp Weapon for my WF FVS that will be TRing a ton.

I hope to have a Levik's SHield (20th Hound is this week). Anyway I will be TRing him into a PLD and a SOR and a WIZ and maybe a few other things...

Anyway I have 2 Blank one-handed Greensteel Weapons available now. One is a Morning Star (super cheap on AH). One is a Warhammer (super cheap on AH and my favorite looking one-handed weapon).

I was going to make one Concord Opp item and Pair it with Leviks shield and a Concord Opp Cloak and a Torc and a Docent of Defiance for hopefully an almost unkillable Character...

So what I am wondering...what would you guys recommend for slotting on the weapon?

Thinking either...
    *Healing Amp 10%/Negative Absorption/Healing Amp 30%
    This would give +40% Healing Amp (to Pair with my Levik's Bracers for a total of 60%)

*or*
    *Holy/Negative Absorption/30% Healing Amp
    This would be better DPS, but would have 10% less Healing Amp.

The more I look at it the more I think Holy/Negative Absorption/30% Healing Amp is the way to go. That way I can almost full-time this and still do "decent" DPS when I need to get more SP/HP. And I would then swap back to SoS or Lightning Strike Greatsword when just normally DPSing.
    Last edited by Bacab; 01-25-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

DoD+leviks+torc+2xconcops is indeed very survivable.

Was there a specific question you had though? Trying to find one in your post but it almost just seems like notes-to-self

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    DoD+leviks+torc+2xconcops is indeed very survivable.

Was there a specific question you had though? Trying to find one in your post but it almost just seems like notes-to-self
    Thinking either...
    *Healing Amp 10%/Negative Absorption/Healing Amp 30%
    This would give +40% Healing Amp (to Pair with my Levik's Bracers for a total of 60%)

*or*
    *Holy/Negative Absorption/30% Healing Amp
    This would be better DPS, but would have 10% less Healing Amp.

The more I look at it the more I think Holy/Negative Absorption/30% Healing Amp is the way to go. That way I can almost full-time this and still do "decent" DPS when I need to get more SP/HP. And I would then swap back to SoS or Lightning Strike Greatsword when just normally DPSing.

Or it is completely possible I am missing something huge. Like when people make a HP slot in their Boots slot and it messes up their ability to run ToD with said item. Other thing...he will be a Warforged so Healing Amp will be SUPER IMPORTANT for me lol. I am already fighting an uphill battle.
    Last edited by Bacab; 01-25-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"

Ok, see your updated post.

10%amp/+1str/30%amp w/ 20% on DT/TODring/bracers is the way to go. neg energy absorp just isn't that useful (deathblock) and as WF you need all the amp you can get.

swinging a concop weapon is pretty useless compared to real dps weaponry. you will probably regret it if you go holy.

Community Member

I concur, if you're getting SP back, stick to that... Don't worry to much about the DPS while doing so, it's really pretty insignificant DPS..... Maximize your healing amp while getting SP back.

Ok seems the consensus is go with Healing Amp on my concord opp weapon.

So I will go ahead and make the Morning Star my concord opp item with the 10% Healing amp/ Something Negative/ 30% Healing amp.

I will figure out what to do with the Warhammer. I may make this into my Fire Absorption item (to match my Cold Absorption Warhammer!)
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"

Ideally you'll want to go dwarven waraxe or bastard sword for increased durability, but I've never had my concop break, so any 1 hander should be OK unless soloing raids/longer epics on a regular basis.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Ok seems the consensus is go with Healing Amp on my concord opp weapon.

So I will go ahead and make the Morning Star my concord opp item with the 10% Healing amp/ Something Negative/ 30% Healing amp.

I will figure out what to do with the Warhammer. I may make this into my Fire Absorption item (to match my Cold Absorption Warhammer!)

Hmm, fire absorption item.... I made one way back when they first came out and we figured out they stacked with the greaves... I'm just not all that sure at this point if you will really use it... I don't on any of my toons at this point.. EVER.... Make another displacement or haste clickey

just to help, and clear up a little confusion, heal amp does not work that way, if it did, my build below would have much less total amp.

Its 1.1 (for 10%) 1.2(for 20%) etc... in formula 1.1x1.3x1.2(etc) with items of same value NOT stacking(IE Dt, 10% and greensteel 10% would NOT apply twice)

In your example its 1.2(Leviks)x1.1x1.3(Greensteel) for a total 172% amp.(IE a heal that would hit for 100 pts would instead give u 172)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    just to help, and clear up a little confusion, heal amp does not work that way, if it did, my build below would have much less total amp.

Its 1.1 (for 10%) 1.2(for 20%) etc... in formula 1.1x1.3x1.2(etc) with items of same value NOT stacking(IE Dt, 10% and greensteel 10% would NOT apply twice)

In your example its 1.2(Leviks)x1.1x1.3(Greensteel) for a total 172% amp.(IE a heal that would hit for 100 pts would instead give u 172)

Cumulative math for the win... This IS what "Stacking" is in my mind anyways... Whereas some people consider working in conjuntion or simultaneously, is what stacking is.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post

Would I have to then multiply that by .65 for WF with only 1 healers friend? Though on my PLD life (which is next I am pretty sure) I will go Hunter of the Dead for the Healing amp and probably have a few monk levels just for the healing amp. I will be some weird WF version of the "Solar Phoenix", and I will use Great Swords mainly. Though he will be TRed at 20 so I am not worried about his viability in end game raids.

AMDarkwolf...thank you for the baisic explanation btw. I have read it before, but seeing it laid out that way really helped me grasp it.

Side note...I plan on using your "That Guy" build for when I do my ROG life. I am sure it won't be as built up as yours...but that is the idea I have in mind. Looks really fun. And of course, that one would be a Staff build.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"