Thread: GS TWF Question

Default GS TWF Question

For my TWF Rogue, I figured I will make a GS rapier and a GS shortsword. I also figured I would make one a Lit II and the other Rad II.

But my question is which should be the rapier and which should be the shortsword? On the one hand, the Rad II will only blind on a successful crit, so that favors the rapier. But I only need to hit once for the blindness to take effect, so it seems that favors just putting it on the shortsword since I should get a single crit fairly often anyway. That way the shocking blast will take effect more often on the rapier.

Thoughts?

Whatever you do, make 2 rapiers.

Well, that would really require taking another feat to use them both effectively, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalthon View Post
    Well, that would really require taking another feat to use them both effectively, right?
    Wielding an off-hand Rapier is only -2 attack compared to off-hand Shortsword. That shouldn't be an issue in most cases. Carry a decent Shortsword if you really need the extra attack bonus, but it's a waste of larges to make a GS Shortsword.

You can get a Treason from Reaver's Fate, which has a Rapier's crit profile, and some nice threat reduction and fortification bypass stuff. If you wait for the Cove to come back, you can make the Smallblade, which is also a Shortsword with a Rapier's crit profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalthon View Post
    The OTWF feat is not really needed on a well-built character.