Default Alchemical Shield for FvS - Laceration good?

Hey guys

I've been thinking of making a shield for my FvS.

I'm basically trying to figure out if the adamantine ritual/laceration effect affects meteor slam and blade barrier?

Also, if someone has some good experiences with what element to put on the shield it would be appreciated. I'm Cha based so Wis does't matter to me.

Community Member

Default cha based?????

I don't know how to really address a cha based fvs. But if you're trying to heal flametouched iron, mystic fire...if you want to be useful in a raid (not just a healbot) LR into wis based and get martial water for the second teir, and mystic fire for the 3rd teir.

If you're an over acheiver the main hand should be martial water, martial earth, mystic earth. For fireshield proc, +2 con, and +3 spell pen.

The reason I'm asking about laceration is because I started as a wis based FvS and then LRed into a cha one after seeing what a cha based FvS can do in raids that simply makes wis irrelevant.

The three main spells I used as a wis based FvS were destruction, blade barrier and meteor slam. The destruction was hardly ever as useful as the death spells I have on my 3rd life 41DC necro, 42DC enchanter Arch Mage. The blade barrier is similarly hardly ever as effective as the blade barrier on my Artificer, which crits for well over 1000.

So, I decided to forget about DCs and focus on spell points. Now this is how I roll: Divine Punishment is at all times maxed out. With this alone i do between 800-1200 damage per tic. If I want to add in some extra damage, I use Meteor Slam which does 300-400 damage even though it fails its DCs, which doesn't matter on boss fights anyway. Blade barrier I rarely miss. The only place it could have been useful is in ToD and eChrono. And in those figts, especially the latter, there is always another FvS, an Artificer or an Earth Savant who can do the job for ya :-)

To return to my question: will laceration add any further damage to meteor slam? Or will a simple superior potency VI item cut it?

Cheers for your replies.

The superior whatever element/type effect IX will not add any additional damage over plain old superior potency VI, no (as long as the spell is level 6 or lower). The superior lore on the second tier will though.

Won't even get into the Cha vs Wis argument here, cause it's not worth it. Different strokes for different folks and it's not the question that was asked
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled