Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

and the xp bar gets even longer to fill *sigh*

Community Manager

It seems like every once in a while folks stumble onto this thread and are wowed by the OP. Also, it makes everyone want new computers. Talk about showing how nice DDO can look! So nice, in fact, we're just gonna move this thread to the Hall of Fame!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Just noticed this thread today. I have not used a triple monitor setup in some time, but I used to a few years ago.

Here are some screenshots at 3048x1024 back from 2009:

ScreenShot00020 by arovin.summers, on Flickr

ScreenShot00021 by arovin.summers, on Flickr

ScreenShot00013 by arovin.summers, on Flickr

ScreenShot00004 by arovin.summers, on Flickr

Community Member

Just a bit of clarity of information for some in this thread:

When the eyefinity technology first came out, I believe around the time of the Radeon 5870, it was true that you did infact require two GPUs to run the triple monitor display with Eyefinity, that meant at the time either 2x 5870, or 1x5970 which was the dual GPU card at the time.

Eyefinity was improved and integrated with all the standard cards ever since then, and beyond having a card powerful enough to actually perform reasonably at these super high resolutions, you no longer need two cards to run triple monitor eyefinity.

If you are trying to connect 3 monitors to a single video card however you are going to at least need one with a display port connector, either an actual display port monitor or a DVI->Display Port adapter. (You no longer even need a powered active adapter, passive adapters work fine now.)

As far as bezels go, you will notice them... sortof.

Realistically playing on a triple widescreen set up is not a 3x wider version of the same experience as playing on a single monitor.

The biggest benefit you will find is a huge amount of additional realestate for interface components. Most of your commonly used interface parts you will set up on your middle monitor exactly the same as you would with a single monitor. You can even see this occurring on the OPs screenshot.

The nice thing is however you will be able to move all non priority interface components off your main screen to avoid any clutter - chat windows, the map, the inventory, etc.

Since you are primarily using your center monitor in a similar way as a single monitor set up the bezels have very little impact on your play. As far as the view off the sides, in general, its pretty to look at, occasionally allows you to notice things you wouldnt otherwise notice, and otherwise when you are playing seriously and focused, you dont notice it a lot.

For this reason, I strongly recommend that one never tries to play the game multimonitor with an even number of monitors (you do not want your bezel in the middle of the playing field, you want a true center monitor)

That said, particularly in MMORPGs, the extra realestate for interface is unbelievably convenient, and once you switch you will never want to go back.

I personally run 7 chat windows, 14 hot bars, and almost always have my full map open, and yet never experience any screen clutter. If you are considering trying out such a set up, I highly recommend it, and it is easier nowadays than ever before.

Any of the recent top Radeon vid cards (say top 2 or 3 of the last 2 generations) can handle a resolution of 5760x1080 without much difficulty at very high settings with just some minor tweaks, the lower level cards you may want to drop shadows and AA a bit.
    Vlyxnol - Incarnate - Cannith
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Just posting for fun...

Screenshot at 7680x1600 resolution. 80+ fps on ultra settings with Radeon 7970. Of course, now that I have a fun rig to play on, I have no time to play.

Been playing on 5760x1080 for about 3 years, guess its time to upgrade

This is still a beautiful image. Awesome setup.

Default help

how did u set up for this resolution?

i just bought 3 monitor for my notebook but the game won't load at 5760 it always show 1920 max ((((
    Cavalieri dei Draghi - Khyber
    Marcellaa - 3x Wiz/Sorc/Fvs/Clr - 2x Art/Brd - 1x Brb/Drd/Ftr/Mnk/Pal/Rng/Rog
    Patatina / Sventrator / Flagello / Incazzato / Fendente / Botolina / Porchetta / Sgargatubo gymp

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post

i just bought 3 monitor for my notebook but the game won't load at 5760 it always show 1920 max ((((
    1) Configure your desktop to stretch across the monitors ("Extend Desktop to This Display" for each monitor).

2) Run DDO in a window and stretch the window across multiple monitors.

Your issue is the notebook... we have desktops with a real graphic card ( or more than one ).

Then we configure the display driver to go into extended desktop mode ( it fools windows into thinking that the Pc is connected to a single screen with the relevant display [ in my case 3840*1080 ] ).

So if you use a notebook with an integrated graphic card there's probably no chances you can do it. If you have a Radeon or a GeForce in your notebook, you will have to see if the chipset support the extended mode. ( most notebook graphic card don't support it, and even if it supports it, you might end with a slideshow due to the bandwidth limitation between the CPU and the GPU. )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

i've GTX 765M with 3gb dedicated and 3 port hdmi... I played Assassin's Creed Unit at max resolution, Skyrim with a tons of mod and didn't get any problem, it's just ddo that i'm not able to play with a collaged desktop
    Patatina / Sventrator / Flagello / Incazzato / Fendente / Botolina / Porchetta / Sgargatubo gymp

i've GTX 765M with 3gb dedicated and 3 port hdmi... I played Assassin's Creed Unit at max resolution, Skyrim with a tons of mod and didn't get any problem, it's just ddo that i'm not able to play with a collaged desktop
    Ok then you just need to coax your graphic driver into extended mode... after you'll be able to play with 3 screens.
    DDO is an old game and doesn't know how to handle collaged desktop so you need to fool it into thinking that you have one huge screen.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Ok then you just need to coax your graphic driver into extended mode... after you'll be able to play with 3 screens.
    DDO is an old game and doesn't know how to handle collaged desktop so you need to fool it into thinking that you have one huge screen.
    that's my problem, my desktop atm is 5760*1080 (i'm using the "MSI matrix display" that take the place of the nvidia control panel) so in all other games i get in the menù the 5760ecc resolution, but in ddo is still loked to 1920 .. and i'm getting real mad

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

that's my problem, my desktop atm is 5760*1080 (i'm using the "MSI matrix display" that take the place of the nvidia control panel) so in all other games i get in the menù the 5760ecc resolution, but in ddo is still loked to 1920 .. and i'm getting real mad
    So uninstall the nvidia control panel and let windows manage the desktop composition.

Default Stunning

These images are stunning.
    Gives depth to the game world and shows off some great art.
    GJ to all who posted the pictures!
    Be Nice, Have Fun
    Tempest Trapmonkey Build (great for free-to-play, good dps & survivability)
    For other DDO videos, check out my YouTube Page

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Jones View Post
    These images are stunning.
    Gives depth to the game world and shows off some great art.
    GJ to all who posted the pictures!
    Totally, this is one of my favorite threads. The time is coming soon-ish where I get to spend some money on a computer, maybe, and I think I will be looking at this thread prior to making any purchase.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Just posting for fun...

Screenshot at 7680x1600 resolution. 80+ fps on ultra settings with Radeon 7970. Of course, now that I have a fun rig to play on, I have no time to play.

Time to consider a GPU upgrade and add some monitors. The idea of having the map open in one monitor and other stuff on the other side monitor intrigues me. I use 2 monitors now but only for work and utility stuff, not gaming.
    Last edited by patang01; 04-10-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Community Member

I have a 23:9 widescreen monitor that is like the older 3 monitor setup just one screen. Hopefully this summer I can upgrade to a true 4k 23:9 with the slight curve. I use a Radeon 7970 1Ghz Edition with everything turned on and getting 100fps. My research, as of this posting, is the nVidia GTX 980 (or Titan) is the only single card that can give us 60 fps at 4k resolution.

I hope there is a graphics update in the works to bring DDO on par or better with other modern MMORPGs. Game play is fine but be nice for a graphics update. Something along the lines of what Anarchy Online was doing (there is a youtube somewhere with, I think, their Conan engine doing the rendering). I liked the game play and they were leaving that alone so very little hours used for game logic updates; just UI interface glue basically and some internal trigger for the action code for fx etc.. Not sure what happened there but there are a lot of decent, reasonably priced model shops around for the grunt work

Good Hunting !

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Totally, this is one of my favorite threads. The time is coming soon-ish where I get to spend some money on a computer, maybe, and I think I will be looking at this thread prior to making any purchase.
    Same here. But I am sticking with a single display for now. If I was going to do something with multiple screens or a large resolution, I plan on removing the bezels and making a custom frame so it just is a single large screen.

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

I'm running with a 2560x1080 job, and cool enough, but no screeny 'cos still have an overly trashy graphics card ...

ultra-widescreen HD is pretty good for gaming -- though in an ideal world, I'd have an ultrawide UHD 4K version ... (not cheap LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    So uninstall the nvidia control panel and let windows manage the desktop composition.
    ok, I get what is the problem (I think), wheni use the directX11 the extended mode in ddo doesn't work, even if i set with ultralow quality in a 800x600 resolution, but when i set DDO for DX9 the game will load at 5760*1080 with ultrahigh quality, now i'm trying to unistall and reinstall the DX11 but still don't know if will work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast