Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

Default Ouch

Just fell through the bridge in House K and died, along with two other people. Couldn't release, logged off and back on. Got rolled back in time 6 minutes.

Wyestone and Juuts on Cannith.

Community Member

Cool o.O

never knew you could fall off of that. I purposely tried jumping off of it before and it wouldn't let me.

Community Manager

You used to be able to jump into the House K chasm around the bridges, at one point in the game's early days!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You used to be able to jump into the House K chasm around the bridges, at one point in the game's early days!
    much fun was had with that
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Much to my embarrassment I learned a week ago you COULDN'T fall anymore there. I used to be SOOOO careful since the old days, specially when jumping down to taming the flames, without realizing someone had gone and installed some training wheels on my favorite house, sniff...
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Just as a fun fact ddo does have a terminal velocity factor. You can only take a maximum amount of damage from a fall no matter how high. It's less than 100 points of damage (can't remeber the exact number) even from the fall in coal chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Just as a fun fact ddo does have a terminal velocity factor. You can only take a maximum amount of damage from a fall no matter how high. It's less than 100 points of damage (can't remeber the exact number) even from the fall in coal chamber.
    unless you fall off a box and take 500 points of falling damage, like in the old days
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nailog View Post
    Just fell through the bridge in House K and died, along with two other people. Couldn't release, logged off and back on. Got rolled back in time 6 minutes.

You fell through the bridge? That's odd...
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

I've taken that terminal velocity damage from a short drop - oozes at the bottom that someone turned into a giant pile of oozes, and when I dropped down I landed on them. I didn't actually hit the ground until several oozes were killed, and the game determined I was "falling" that entire time, and when the ooze under me died and I dropped down, I took 80+ damage from a fall that shouldn't have hurt

Also, just the other day, I managed to take 1 point from falling while wearing a featherfall item, just jumping around in the catacombs stairs. I have no idea what I managed to do there and couldn't make it happen again for the life of me.

The way it is today, is it a bug or WAI? I'm hopefully leaning towards bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    I've taken that terminal velocity damage from a short drop - oozes at the bottom that someone turned into a giant pile of oozes, and when I dropped down I landed on them. I didn't actually hit the ground until several oozes were killed, and the game determined I was "falling" that entire time, and when the ooze under me died and I dropped down, I took 80+ damage from a fall that shouldn't have hurt
    I have seen this. A lag during a fall or even a jump where you get stuck doing the falling animation seems to continue to calculate your falling damage during to the lag so that when you stop lagging, you take an HP hit.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Yep and die even with ff on. Death penalty costing xp was not fun with that :-p
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

I was in a VoN flagging run yesterday when this happened to the other 3 people in party running from VoN 3 to Haywire.

I had just stepped onto the airship when all 3 of them died.

All 3 had to reboot DDO.

Much fun was had before the change, jumping up and down next to the edge and saying, "I can't believe they changed it so you can't jump in the chasm anymore!"

Ding, your party member gullible has died.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    unless you fall off a box and take 500 points of falling damage, like in the old days
    Old days? I avoid the boxes in The Smugglers Warehouse spider side to this day because of that bug. I think there are still some spots in the game with this physics bug.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    In the olden days when you jumped or fell into the chasm in house K you didn't die from falling damage...you were killed by "SOMETHING!" Man I remember being super careful around that chasm.

Interesting.

During one of the recent lag spikes I "fell" through the bottom of the desert by the Windlasher city / gnoll shrine. The ground just disappeared and I started falling. Looked up and could see the sky and phantom desert structures above.

Fell for almost 1 minute then dc'd.

Relogged and found myself in Korthos.

Freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    Interesting.

During one of the recent lag spikes I "fell" through the bottom of the desert by the Windlasher city / gnoll shrine. The ground just disappeared and I started falling. Looked up and could see the sky and phantom desert structures above.

Fell for almost 1 minute then dc'd.

Relogged and found myself in Korthos.

Freaked me out.
    You dc'd because you were approaching the Underdark and they couldn't let the news get out yet.

Wait... we can't any more? AWWWW....

Yeah, I haven't tried to see how far I could get in some time.

I remember once, long ago, I came out of the House K teleporter, ran down the stairs and turned right to head towards the bank. Then BAM, I was falling through a deep, dark, cavern below House K. I think I accidentally found the back way into the chasm under the bridge. I died at some point while falling, but I explored for a bit before finally releasing. I never could repeat it, though I warned others to watch that last step.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast