Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by xxScoobyDooxx View Post
    Do you really think it is not possible to hit 40 Wisdom? or 40 Strength? .... so now your playing the game of catch me out ?????
    I couldn't care less about catching you out, I was wondering how can you reach 40 wis, and yeah, I assumed it was without short term buffs, but still. I reach 40 wis in t3 stance + yugo pot but I put levels in wis.

16 starting
    +4 level (you don't have this)
    +6 item
    +2 tome (you have +3)
    +2 exc (do you have this?)
    +2 monk (?)
    +1 human (?)
    +3 stance
    +2 ship
    +2 pot
    = 40.

Now if you can do this w/o 4 points from level, with, I assume, less than 3 points from enhancements since you said you're saving ap for stuff better than wis (or do you mean wis builds would spend 6 AP on 1 wis point? really?) and no +7 item (but a +3 tome) I'd like to know how you do it. So I can implement more wis from a source I obviously missed. Plus:

I hit over 40 Wisdom and have Zen archery.
    So you hit over 40, 41? 42?. I'm sorry if this looks like trolling to you but since you acted kinda disrespectfully towards wax I'd like you to back up your statements. And again, I'm really interested in how you do it so I can actually improve as well.

And I DO have the character capped so I'm talking by experience.

If you want suggestions, I'll quote wax by saying that 3 t3 stances are a waste of AP. Fire stance t3 gives you just 1 point of str and +3 ki on crits (do you even have imp. crit blunt? that one's worthless too.) over fire stance t1, and costs you 5 (five!) AP. Water stance t3 is something I'm still testing, +4 wis might be a better increase in dps over x4 crits on 19-20 but I don't know that for sure, and the saves are nice but unnecessary as is passive ki generation +1. Atm I have t3 water stance just because I wanted to try it out after I gave up ToD (you don't have the ki to keep up 10k stars, Shadow Fade, ToD and occasionally SF, you'd have to spend way too much time in fire stance then and earth t3 is just too good).

And my last life was an AA w/o IPS, and you can really feel the difference in quests. I don't see the point of building a toon like this for "raids only", honestly. One of its strengths is SF you don't need it much in raids; another is self sufficiency, you need that just in eLoB, and can still live w/o it anyway. The ranged nature of your dps (not the damage itself, the fact that you stay away from the boss) is almost in no way more useful against bosses than melee (I often find myself in melee range even while shooting, to get mass heals etc), ranged shines more in quests than in raids. Just trying to be construnctive...since in quests IPS is x2/x3 damage I think it's something you'll want on a toon that spends 70% of the time shooting. It really speeds things up.

Anyway, you won't post the build, you won't reply to questions screaming trolls, what is this topic for then? I don't wanna say bragging, but you really should try to reply to some questions without being afraid of people trying to catch you out or to troll you or w/e you think I'm doing :/

P.S.: I didn't have reason to look for a bug in Zen Archery cuz I never had to-hit issues so far. If it's bugged, sucks, but it still hasn't been an issue to me for now.
    Last edited by FengXian; 01-25-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    I couldn't care less about catching you out, I was wondering how can you reach 40 wis, and yeah, I assumed it was without short term buffs, but still. I reach 40 wis in t3 stance + yugo pot but I put levels in wis. 16 starting + 4 level +6 item +2 tome + 2 exc + 2 monk +1 human +3 stance +2 ship +2 pot = 40. Now if you can do this w/o 4 points from level, with, I assume, less than 3 points from enhancements since you said you're saving ap for stuff better than wis (or do you mean wis builds would spend 6 AP on 1 wis point? really?) and no +7 item (but a +3 tome) I'd like to know how you do it. So I can implement more wis from a source I obviously missed. Plus:
    In the context of the posts the 40 wis statement I made was due to comments about do I know about wisdom if you read how and when I said it, my second highest score is wisdom so yes I understand what high wsidom is for....... I will see if I can work it out for you and post it if you find it useful.

So you hit over 40, 41? 42?. I'm sorry if this looks like trolling to you but since you acted kinda disrespectfully towards wax I'd like you to back up your statements. And again, I'm really interested in how you do it so I can actually improve as well.
    noted and I'll dig it out for you when I can. .... again typing all this at work makes for mistakes ..... it should probably have just said 40 and not over 40 ... my old builds were over 40 and this one can hit 40 if I need it to.

If you want suggestions, I'll quote wax by saying that 3 t3 stances are a waste of AP. Fire stance t3 gives you just 1 point of str and +3 ki on crits (do you even have imp. crit blunt? that one's worthless too.) over fire stance t1, and costs you 5 (five!) AP. Water stance t3 is something I'm still testing, +4 wis might be a better increase in dps over x4 crits on 19-20 but I don't know that for sure, and the saves are nice but unnecessary as is passive ki generation +1. Atm I have t3 water stance just because I wanted to try it out after I gave up ToD (you don't have the ki to keep up 10k stars, Shadow Fade, ToD and occasionally SF, you'd have to spend way too much time in fire stance then and earth t3 is just too good).

And my last life was an AA w/o IPS, and you can really feel the difference in quests. I don't see the point of building a toon like this for "raids only", honestly. One of its strengths is SF you don't need it much in raids; another is self sufficiency, you need that just in eLoB, and can still live w/o it anyway. The ranged nature of your dps (not the damage itself, the fact that you stay away from the boss) is almost in no way more useful against bosses than melee (I often find myself in melee range even while shooting, to get mass heals etc), ranged shines more in quests than in raids. Just trying to be construnctive...since in quests IPS is x2/x3 damage I think it's something you'll want on a toon that spends 70% of the time shooting. It really speeds things up.

Anyway, you won't post the build, you won't reply to questions screaming trolls, what is this topic for then? I don't wanna say bragging, but you really should try to reply to some questions without being afraid of people trying to catch you out or to troll you or w/e you think I'm doing :/

P.S.: I didn't have reason to look for a bug in Zen Archery cuz I never had to-hit issues so far. If it's bugged, sucks, but it still hasn't been an issue to me for now.
    I too am experimenting ... this is a third life and multiclass ... the 1st 2 lives were pure. I took t3 in 3 to experiment. I ate a +3 tome so a +7 wis item takes up a slot and makes my score odd. I explained all this already if you care to read all my posts. Imagine if i post the whole build ... I'd be "explaining" myself for weeks

I am sure IPS will be fun and useful .... it is currently the guild joke for the PM's to finger/wail all trash before any melee gets a swing in.... in fact often they wait till there's a sliver of life left and then finger ... it's turning into quite an artform. I can't fit the feat in without dropping something else so its a nice to have v's a must have.

IPS would be bad in ELOB as I manyshot the arti's but you need to leave all the archers for the SP regen of the casters/divines. being able to single target and take something out quickly has its uses in the game. So IPS could also be detrimental I think ... one day I may swap it in and have a play, I spoke to a number of experienced AA's about this and the general consensus was fun but not needed.

Fire stance is for heal amp(epic jitz) and extra strength is nice..... a main feature of the build is heal amp ... it is maxed and rather fun to have. Funny how no one is asking about the heal amp?? 648 from a scroll is fn nuts.

I am actually finding stunning is hardly ever used in epic for me.... and with Zen Archery bugged water stance is a waste atm. I am either using earth for imp crit and damage mitigation or Fire for heal amp depending on my role. I tanked suulomades the other day in a normal tod... I had around 600 hp and the healer only had to scroll heal me .... I used manyshot and thousand stars to get agro and held it no problem using wraps. I may LR shortly and increase strength and con and drop Wis altogether until zen archery is fixed. Still contemplating this and in no hurry.

I agree with most of what you say and if you have a similar build I am sure we are both correct ... it's hard typing all this out sometimes and easy to get the wrong ideas. I don't quest with this toon ... he runs elite abbot, epic adq, hard or epic LOB, elite TOD, elite hox which is where the build is really useful with the rolls my guild needs me to play ... for normal quests if I do run them ... it really doesn't make a big deal as once your at epic end game normal quests are a bit of a cakewalk. I wouldn't change anything that made normal questing easier or better for this reason.
    Last edited by xxScoobyDooxx; 01-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

I see, about wis.

I agree about casters finger-wailing stuff at little hp, it's true you can play basically ANY dps build in epic quests and it'll be good enough as long as you have a great caster and there are more and more of them around. So yeah if you build "for meta" what you did makes sense, I do happen to pug a lot tho so I find SF/IPS very useful.

As for eLoB and other similar situations, IPS can be turned off, you don't have to keep it up all the time. As I said I did run a life w/o it and in many situations you can do almost as well (even in some quests you have a hard time lining up enemies and you often need some cc for that) but in some situations it's veery good. I understand it's not 100% necessary, but I missed it when I didn't have it^^ Since atm this is the build that spends most time ranging, it's the build that benefits the most from it, but dumping dex does give you a lot of other options. For raid-only purposes it makes sense to skip it, but as I said I prolly wouln't choose this split if I were to build for raids only matter of taste I guess.

As for fire stance, it's true it's very nice for healing amp but you get the same +25% HA with tier 1 fire stance...IF you are short on AP (dunno how many AP the light build needs) you really should consider dropping t2 and t3 fire, it really gives you just +1 str for 5 AP in the end.

Not sure about the Zen Archery bug. As I said in my other post, I tested to-hit on dummy and wisdom does indeed affect it (dex does too, but in an odd way). I could reach 57-67 to-hit just with the +5 arrows and abbot bow, so it has to be working somehow XD

As for the best ranged dps build, I'm still not sure. As I said this one was kinda test because we're still not positive about how 10k stars works and about how good it is. Might tr into helves angel or into 12 fighter 7 monk 1 wiz, and possibly into 18 fighter 6 monk 1 wizard when the cap will be 25. Altough the 6 ranger levels could also be very good if they add the new enhancement system since they'd unlock deepwood sniper 1..we'll see. When I first hit 20 with my current build I did feel like the dps was a little too low, but now that I'm getting used to it I see it's better than it looked.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Every experienced AA I've spoken to describes IPS as the only way that they can compete DPS wise against melee. My own experiences with my AA and tempest ranger found this to be the case as well (but it was a while ago). It's not a liability in any quest as it can be turned off.

While there is obviously some issues with zen archery and dexterity 10k stars still seems to be working correctly and a high wisdom still seems to give a good AB. Trolling other threads saying that zen archery builds are fail is just spreading misinformation and bad for the community.

Heal amp is great and it's good to hear that you have it. I've had quite similar thoughts about my eventual archer and wanting to be a viable fill in tank for easier quests (like sully on normal). See how it goes.

Not sure about the Zen Archery bug. As I said in my other post, I tested to-hit on dummy and wisdom does indeed affect it (dex does too, but in an odd way). I could reach 57-67 to-hit just with the +5 arrows and abbot bow, so it has to be working somehow XD
    Yes, its hard to tell if the to hit in the panel is just wrong and it is working or not. Put epic spectrals on or go into wind stance to increase Dex and it goes up,... it's very strange ... and don't get me started on the wraps ...... I have noticed in raids that every now and then I get a huge string of misses with manyshot on stuff that doesn't have ultra high AC so my guess is it isn't working.... need an AC tank to do some testing in pvp to find out for sure as you can't miss the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Every experienced AA I've spoken to describes IPS as the only way that they can compete DPS wise against melee. My own experiences with my AA and tempest ranger found this to be the case as well (but it was a while ago). It's not a liability in any quest as it can be turned off.
    Not disagreeing ... I can't fit it in .. if I had a spare feat I would

While there is obviously some issues with zen archery and dexterity 10k stars still seems to be working correctly and a high wisdom still seems to give a good AB. Trolling other threads saying that zen archery builds are fail is just spreading misinformation and bad for the community.
    You came into my thread first, pointed to your wisdom based thread and started telling me about my build and how much better it would be as a max wisdom build.

It's not misinformation .... It is bugged (fact) and having a Zen Archery, thousand star, "3/4 max wisdom" build I am speaking from first hand experience. ....... If you can't hit it then it doesn't matter how many arrows you shoot. If you put all your eggs in one basket with a maxed out wisdom/Zen archery build you will be disappointed unless they fix it..... my 3/4 wis build is ****ing me off every time I see a miss. Having to switch to epic spectrals is ****ing me off as it doesn't mix well with my other gear setups. I need to do more testing on Zen problems and wraps issues. It is quite random with some of the results and hard to replicate. This helps the community far more than paper theory builds imho.

7. 01-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Reason
    fighting/name-calling

8. 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Reason
    fighting/name-calling

9. 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM

Reason
    fighting/name-calling

While watching you guys argue is fun and all i'd just like to point out that Zen Archery is NOT broken. The inventory panel, however, is borked. The combat log is the only thing that can be trusted. I've done the research myself and it is also supported by this thread. Enjoy!
    P E S T I L E N C E

Grobnak ~ Alaistair ~ Dolomight ~ Ellewood ~ Leavenworth ~ SanQuentin ~ Folsomm ~ Rikers ~ Joliette ~ Ashecliffe ~ HoaLoa ~ Walawalla ~ SengSeng

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaIamander View Post
    While watching you guys argue is fun and all i'd just like to point out that Zen Archery is NOT broken. The inventory panel, however, is borked. The combat log is the only thing that can be trusted. I've done the research myself and it is also supported by this thread. Enjoy!
    Great feedback. This really puts into context the OPs comments in other threads claiming that it is broken and not working without doing any actual research or testing.

Great feedback. This really puts into context the OPs comments in other threads claiming that it is broken and not working without doing any actual research or testing.
    Dude your a Troll .... I made one comment in one thread about Zen Archery being bugged (which it is) to the OP and clarified my statement to someone that asked. ... I have made multiple posts in this tread saying I have done basic testing and need to do more to confirm what is going on when I get more time. If the to hit panel is not correct then it is a bug. My sometimes having strings of misses needs more testing to confirm what is going on. Increasing Dex increases to hit in the panel .... bugged. And again ... as I have consistently said ... needs more testing.

Get out of my thread ... you are trolling and misquoting constantly which is basically harassment. You don't even have a toon like mine so **** or put more nicely ...... Go away please.

Quote Originally Posted by SaIamander View Post
    As I said all the way through this thread .... I wanted to do some testing in pvp with a tank to confirm what's going on for this as well as some wraps to hit strangeness.

There was/is a bug on my Palemaster that when in lich form and when activating vile blasphemy it would borq my necro DC by 4(I think from memory). Doing a weapon swap from a +2 dc weapon to a normal weapon and back again fixed it. Pretty sure it did drop the DC and wasn't just a visual bug as I normally no fail FOD and when it bugged I would sometimes miss etc. Not sure if this bug still exists but was an example of how sometimes the gear/feats can randomly bug out. Took quite a while to work out vile blasphemy was the trigger. As habbit I do a weapon swap after each VB activation ... it's habbit now.

During Many shot and thousand stars I sometimes get strings of misses ... not always just sometimes on not ultra hard content ... this is what made me look at the to hit in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    My monk out-dpses your monk.
    Where is the link to your monk? I see one in your sig but thats not one.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Where is the link to your monk? I see one in your sig but thats not one.
    Sifutam of Cannith - 12 Monk 6 Ranger 2 Fighter - you can myDDO him

Sifutam of Cannith - 12 Monk 6 Ranger 2 Fighter - you can myDDO him
    I dont trust my ddo and i didnt even ask you. When i say monk i dont mean tri class halfbreed.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

I won´t make a Monk until Turbine introduces the Panda Race.

Pandas for everybody!!!
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I dont trust my ddo and i didnt even ask you. When i say monk i dont mean tri class halfbreed.
    Lol I don't have a "monk" per se. What I have is a mutt fighter/ranger/monk that is unarmed kensai, can manyshot with slaying arrows and can align the heavens for my blue-bar companions. And yes, it out-dpses SifuCramps :P - look up Soaked if you're interested.

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    SifuCramps
    When your soaked you need me .... eh ehhhhh!!!!!!

Did I miss something here or have I just been away from the game long enough... Since when did monks become DPS? I thought they just had cool flashy movements and made noise to simulate doing DPS

Now to the serrious part, impressive amp, and well pillars in LOB are not your friend. Only suggestion I have is plenty of divine power scrolls or clickies if you do not have UMD. Everything looks solid, just the To-Hit is lacking on certian epic mobs/bosses. Otherwise looks like a fun build I would even play.
    Community Kitten Eater! High Priest Vatican Assassin Warlock. Duh Winning!
    Strecth- 20 Favored Soul Plats-1 - 20 Favored Soul Hoochy- 20 Bard Futs- 20 Barb
    Mrsheen- Winning Warlock

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

My monk has over 9000 DPS and makes the best Belgian waffles you've ever tasted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123